SWAC 2013 Football Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
-checks page count, then checks date thread was started- wow lol. Somebody has been putting in work. The forum is alive!

I'm going to start off by saying I'm loving the excitement and enthusiasm from the New hornets in the fold. Like them, I like our chances. With that having been said, my ranking is as follows:

East

1. Bama State- I believe that momentum and enthusiasm coupled with a new stadium will be the last push forward, even past our coaching woes.

2. JSU - in a very close race (the game to watch!)

3. AAMU - only based on recent years against jsu.even with all of the New talent I just don't see AAMU stopping our passing game . Ijs (Another game to watch!)

4. MVSU - that rb is something serious. I sat and watched or defense scramble to keep up with that guy an entire game

5. Alcorn- 45-15 on your home coming in the rain? C'mon son!

West

1.PB - defend your honor! All around team with one of the most explosive offenses I have seen in forever. If you all return the majority of those guys you'll give this conference hell.

2. PV- I shutter to think what would've happened last year with no Duhart interference.

3. SU - has something to prove. I'm waiting. (Another great game to watch!)

4. GSU - I've learned in my very short SWAC tenure to never completely rule these guys out. Never know is all I'm gonna say!

5. Txsu - rebuilding year

Last edited:
Momentum from what? Your two toughest games will probably come from the two teams in your division.
JSU and AAMU will probably spoil Barlow's season again.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Holup...using this same reasoning, recall 2009 when JSU went 3-7 and yall were all on this board saying, SU is included in that 3.

Pot kettle...smh

Remember this??

We also acknowledged that we had a piss poor year too. You guys have been delusional for years. Your football record over the last five years is what 22-33, and you have the nerve to rank yourself above PV? Please.

Now y'all know one particular school is going to talk more trash then any as if they are the repeating SWAC Champions from last year.

Holup...using this same reasoning, recall 2009 when JSU went 3-7 and yall were all on this board saying, SU is included in that 3.

Pot kettle...smh

Remember this??

Flukes count...

...and just becasue ya'll beat us in bball on a down year, look at how long JSU bball owned ya'll. Just quit it and accept that over time, SU athletics department is not on par with JSU. Sure you get a few upsets but you ain't strong enough to constantly compete with us. ..especially not in football.

Now y'all know one particular school is going to talk more trash then any as if they are the repeating SWAC Champions from last year.

We are talkin like we have been the most successful team in the SWAC in recent years. We are talkin like a team that has gone 5-5, 8-4, 7-5, 8-2, 9-2 and 7-5 in six out of the last seven years. We are not even pleased with that but it shole is better than what ANY other team can say!

You just had to open your mouth. MikeBigg you are from Grambling. If I were from Grambling I would be too ashamed to talk about sports.

That's where we are different... I put punkazz sippians in their place when they dare address me. Now go get ready for ginning season.

We are talkin like we have been the most successful team in the SWAC in recent years. We are talkin like a team that has gone 5-5, 8-4, 7-5, 8-2, 9-2 and 7-5 in six out of the last seven years. We are not even pleased with that but it shole is better than what ANY other team can say!

All I said, "one particular school". But if the shoe fits, wear it Cinderella.

but for right now in the EAST, I can't and won't choose between JSU and Alabama State.
TP,
Be honest with yourself. It's close to a "head and shoulders" year. And you know it.
LOL!

carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, I screwed that up. :retard:

but to rehash.

TP posted that he'll wait til a week before to do his predictions. He says he's too sced to choose between ASU and Jsu. :lol:

I'll see everybody after the weekend of August 31st after the JSU / Tulane game.
No need of talking now when nobody even know how their teams will be this year. We don't even know if all these so-called recruits will even be part of the 2013 team. Some will be red-shirted, grey-shirted, or simply won't get a chance to play and end up at a JUCO next year :lol:

I got to see how JSU do on the field against Tulane and I have to see how the other 9 SWAC teams do in their opening games. I'll list every SWAC team in order from 1 thru 10 come SUNDAY, September 1st. All I can say right now is that until UAPB and JSU is beat out in the East and West, they are #1 and #2 at this point. :tup:

Last edited:
Flukes count...

...and just becasue ya'll beat us in bball on a down year, look at how long JSU bball owned ya'll. Just quit it and accept that over time, SU athletics department is not on par with JSU. Sure you get a few upsets but you ain't strong enough to constantly compete with us. ..especially not in football.

Dude, yall ain't never owned SU in basketball except for the Spivery years. And even Spivery beat yall some times. LOL. Grant beat yall too. As a matter of fact SU is 18-12 against JSU the last 15 years in the SWAC regular season. It gets worse as you go back further. LOL. We even beat yall in our sad seasons too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'll see everybody after the weekend of August 31st after the JSU / Tulane game.
No need of talking now when nobody even know how their teams will be this year. We don't even know if all these so-called recruits will even be part of the 2013 team. Some will be red-shirted, grey-shirted, or simply won't get a chance to play and end up at a JUCO next year :lol:

I got to see how JSU do on the field against Tulane and I have to see how the other 9 SWAC teams do in their opening games. I'll list every SWAC team in order from 1 thru 10 come SUNDAY, September 1st. All I can say right now is that until UAPB and JSU is beat out in the East and West, they are #1 and #2 at this point. :tup:

I agree Frat. I think some teams will challenge those two. But right now that is how I see the East and West.

JagHammer's prediction for the 2013 SWAC Football Season:

SWAC East:

1. Alabama State: Reggie Barlow and Alabama State has finally set the bar high with his recruiting practices, and coaching carousel. NCAA saved the institution from setting the bar low on institutional control. All the pieces come together for a trip to Houston. Projected record 9-3.

2. Jackson State: A heartbreaking loss based on a bad decision by the embattled, but battle ready Rick Comegy. Comegy, who is feeling the unforgiving Jacksonian heat for his miscalculated and daring plea to FAMU, could easily travel to Houston with the Blue Bengals. However, this rest on the play of the quarterback. Projected record 7-4.

3. Alcorn State: Jay Hopson led a promising, yet inconsistent campaign for Alcorn last season with uplifting wins against Southern and Alabama A&M, but have also suffered debilitating losses against Jackson St. and Alabama St. Hopson has recruited well, and this could be the year Alcorn finish with seven wins for the first time since 2004. Projected record: 6-5.

4. Alabama A&M: The heat is on Anthony Jones, although he is one of the winningest coaches at Alabama A&M. A&M could easily leapfrog to Houston if everything falls in place for the Bulldogs on the field. However, as the Alcorn loss last year proved, they could easily tailspin out of contention if not focused and catch bad breaks. Projected record: 4-7.

5. Mississippi Valley State: Coach Karl Morgan has done a commendable job coaching at one of the toughest and financially strapped FCS schools in the nation. Hope springs with the diamonds in rough found by Coach Graves (from Southern) in Robert Simpson and other great athletes in Itta Bena. The Devils will make it very tough for all schools in the SWAC this season, and vice versa, since no one will take Valley lightly. If plagued by inconsistent offense, it can spell doom on Valley's season. Projected record: 2-9.

SWAC West:

1. UAPB: Patience and great effort has turned Pine Bluff into a monster. A masterful decision by Monte Coleman to bring along Eric Dooley from Southern has paid instant dividends for the school, and ended with one of it's most successful football seasons in the SWAC. Look for the most consistent team beat up on the competition again. Projected record: 10-2.

2. Southern University: The Jaguars are hungry to return to dominance, and at times last season seemed to shake off the doldrums that losing can create. Coach Dawson Odums has done a masterful job of recruiting and bringing hope and determination to the Jaguars and the Jaguar Nation. Dray Joseph and his Arsenal are ready to send opponents scrambling and gnashing their teeth trying to slow them down. However, the defense and inopportune conservative play and play calling threatens to keep the Jags from Houston. However, if the defense does show up, look for the Jaguars to party in Houston. Projected record: 7-4.

3: Grambling State: Maybe 2012 was not so bad at all for Grambling. Charting unfamiliar territory in recent memory for Gramblingites, Doug Williams feels the heat, but has the history and the clout to turn it around for Grambling. Look for the Tigers to claw their way back to prominence this season. Stay tuned. Projected record: 6-5.

4. Prairie View: I really hate to place PV here, but the coaching of Heishma Northern threatens to dismantle the progress of the Panthers. Then again, Northern and Mark Orlando (also from Southern) may shock everyone in the SWAC with their prolific offense, and as in the case of Southern, if their defense decides to play, they could be at Reliant as well. Projected record: 3-8.

5. Texas Southern: Darryl Asberry has his work cut out for him in Houston, as the program tries to rise from the ashes of NCAA sanctions. They do have the tools, but could they put them all together for a trip down the road at Reliant Stadium. That much is to be seen, but I doubt it. Projected record: 1-10.

Projected champion: UAPB repeats as champion in 2013. UAPB 49 Alabama St. 21.

Last edited:
We also acknowledged that we had a piss poor year too. You guys have been delusional for years. Your football record over the last five years is what 22-33, and you have the nerve to rank yourself above PV? Please.

I didn't rank us over PV. Also, I have stated I, personally am not proud of going 4 and 7 , but in going 4-7, it did provide a few laughs as we kicked ya'lls azz. :lol:

Also I wasn't a fan of Stump saying he was going 12-0 and went 2-9 and 4-7. Pissed at the fact that we lost so Ark-Monticello. So, me, delusional? Nah son, far from it.

Flukes count...

TP. :lol: Basketball? I thought we were talking about football? Oh....wait... you don't know ANYTHING ABOUT THAT. Let's stay on topic here. :lol:

Dude, yall say this EVERY year. You guys just come up with stuff to get your hopes up only to see them dashed.
I didn't realize you hadn't beaten PV in five years. You got throttled by PB last year. You'll be third at best this year in the West.

That is your opinion and I have mine. No one really knows what will happen, that is why it is called a prediction. You also forget the fact that SU could still finish in 2nd ahead of PV even if they lose to them head-to-head.

Dude, yall ain't never owned SU in basketball except for the Spivery years. And even Spivery beat yall some times. LOL. Grant beat yall too. As a matter of fact SU is 18-12 against JSU the last 15 years in the SWAC regular season. It gets worse as you go back further. LOL. We even beat yall in our sad seasons too.

snicker :)

I didn't rank us over PV.

I swear I dont know what yall see in PV :lol: . Did you see them play. Their defense was horrible and talentless for the most part, and took alot of risk. If you would have saw how we lost to them you would be sick in the stomach.

:lol:

I swear I dont know what yall see in PV :lol: . Did you see them play. Their defense was horrible and talentless for the most part, and took alot of risk. If you would have saw how we lost to them you would be sick in the stomach.

That should have read "I didn't do/post any predictions or rankings."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back