SWAC 2013 Football Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not much difference in the schools athletic finances either (student fees would have moved GSU higher depending on the assessment):

2012 SWAC Budgets (millions)
1) Alabama State 11.7
2) Texas Southern 10.6
3) Prairie Vies 9.4
4) Southern 7.6
5) Arkansas PB 7.3
6) Alcorn 5.9
7) Jackson State 5.8
8) Alabama A&M 5.5
9) Grambling 5.0
10) Mississippi Valley 4.6

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

One of those schools say they are ready to join the Sun Belt Conference.

:lol: :emlaugh: (I believe it was Conference USA)

Whichever conference it is, they better make sure their stampburger budget doesn't put them in a hole or they would need to burden their students by increasing student fees.

:lol:

Hold up, jSU don't even have the biggest SWAC budget in Mississippi. Hahaha ababa :lol:

And we STILL have one, if the not the best overall athletic program. Thanks for revealing that tidbit.:tup:

I can't believe you're actually joking about the fact that your school has a larger budget yet has the worst men's athletic program in the SWAC. Wow!!

As far as picks: East...JSU, Bama State AAMU, Alcorn, Valley
West....PB, PV, SU, Texas Southern, Grambling

Last edited:
And we STILL have one, if the not the best overall athletic program. Thanks for revealing that tidbit.:tup:

I can't believe you're actually joking about the fact that your school has a larger budget yet has the worst men's athletic program in the SWAC. Wow!!

As far as picks: East...JSU, Bama State AAMU, Alcorn, Valley
West....PB, PV, SU, Texas Southern, Grambling
Can you read. SU didn't finish in last.

JSU in the East we have a full team coming back ready to go we didn't lose a lot of seniors at all. Bama St will b good but the qb position is unkown who will b the starter and Bama State defense is usually suspect. I dont fall put tooo much stock into high school recruits on the HBCU level...

Pine Bluff in the West with Southern or PV in 2nd. Dray Joseph is a pretty decent qb so he should get them a few wins but nit enuff to handle PB. IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This is what pisses me off about Blackfolks. We brag on the wrong things. Our ghetto mentality is instilled in us early and that's all we know. To brag on having a higher budget while having the worst athletic program in the country is ghetto. To have the largest budget while a quarter of your programs don't meet NCAA minimums is ghetto. But we are too stupid to be ashamed ourselves. Instead of being ashamed we have twerk contest at our new stadiums.

Who is stupid enough to brag about doing the least with the most? Seems to me you should be asking your AD "if our budget is higher why don't we have the same amount of sports teams as the other schools with lower budgets? " "Why does Valley have a much better program than ours with 3 mill less in there budget? " It amazes me how stupid black people (who went to college) are.

Whichever conference it is, they better make sure their stampburger budget doesn't put them in a hole or they would need to burden their students by increasing student fees.

lol........You have ignorant folks constantly trying to run down other institutions and have no idea what is going on in their own back yard. :lol: :emlaugh: Some people believe this is a forum to run down other schools. When facts are presented they tend to get abrasive and belligerent. This thread was supposed to be about predictions. It is difficult to circumvent the tomfoolery short of not reading the thread. :smh: :lol: :emlaugh: It's a disgrace how some folks subject the masses in this forum with ignorant agendas.....

lol........You have ignorant folks constantly trying to run down other institutions and have no idea what is going on in their own back yard. :lol: :emlaugh: Some people believe this is a forum to run down other schools. When facts are presented they tend to get abrasive and belligerent. This thread was supposed to be about predictions. It is difficult to circumvent the tomfoolery short of not reading the thread. :smh: :lol: :emlaugh: It's a disgrace how some folks subject the masses in this forum with ignorant agendas.....

What can you expect when one's biggest contribution to TSPNsports.com is the inspiration of the ignorant tomfoolery displayed in the Smack Board Forum.

Forum: The Smack Board
Inspired by board member "Get Ready"! Don't come in if you can't take the heat!

This is what pisses me off about Blackfolks. We brag on the wrong things. Our ghetto mentality is instilled in us early and that's all we know. To brag on having a higher budget while having the worst athletic program in the country is ghetto. To have the largest budget while a quarter of your programs don't meet NCAA minimums is ghetto. But we are too stupid to be ashamed ourselves. Instead of being ashamed we have twerk contest at our new stadiums.

Who is stupid enough to brag about doing the least with the most? Seems to me you should be asking your AD "if our budget is higher why don't we have the same amount of sports teams as the other schools with lower budgets? " "Why does Valley have a much better program than ours with 3 mill less in there budget? " It amazes me how stupid black people (who went to college) are.

Folks may see your comments as smack, but they're right on cue. Who brags about doing less with more?:smh:

Oh you mean like how they skipped over my post where it was clearly stated that we wiped the floor with them in all of three of the sports that they claim they are the kings of?

Oh you mean like how they skipped over my post where it was clearly stated that we wiped the floor with them in all of three of the sports that they claim they are the kings of?

Yes........get off topic by throwing a bunch of b.s. into a thread and F'up a good sports related conversation. Who comes in a thread ranting and raving about closing it also? What the hell does Grambling going D-2 have to do with predictions? If one doesn't feel like discussing SWAC predictions simply go to another thread. :lol: :emlaugh:

East - Alabama State, Jackson State, Alabama A&M, Alcorn State, Mississippi Valley State

West - Prairie View A&M, Southern, Arkansas Pine Bluff, Grambling, Texas Southern

There is not much difference in the schools athletic finances either (student fees would have moved GSU higher depending on the assessment):

2012 SWAC Budgets (millions)
1) Alabama State 11.7
2) Texas Southern 10.6
3) Prairie Vies 9.4
4) Southern 7.6
5) Arkansas PB 7.3
6) Alcorn 5.9
7) Jackson State 5.8
8) Alabama A&M 5.5
9) Grambling 5.0
10) Mississippi Valley 4.6

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

No it would not have. A budget is simply how much a school wants to to spend or how much it HAS to spend. Well know GSU didn't have 5 million to spend so if they pass the measure on student fees, the budget will probably stay the same. Some of it will just be coming from somewhere else. JSU should have the lowest budget in the SWAC since we have the shortest distance to travel.

JSU in the East we have a full team coming back ready to go we didn't lose a lot of seniors at all. Bama St will b good but the qb position is unkown who will b the starter and Bama State defense is usually suspect. I dont fall put tooo much stock into high school recruits on the HBCU level...

Pine Bluff in the West with Southern or PV in 2nd. Dray Joseph is a pretty decent qb so he should get them a few wins but nit enuff to handle PB. IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Second in the WEST is like 6th in the SWAC.

Yes........get off topic by throwing a bunch of b.s. into a thread and F'up a good sports related conversation. Who comes in a thread ranting and raving about closing it also? What the hell does Grambling going D-2 have to do with predictions? If one doesn't feel like discussing SWAC predictions simply go to another thread. :lol: :emlaugh:
Now you Know Em! Tried to told y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back