Second National Signing Day 2018

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dionte Mullins from the University of Miami transfer-

Rated as a four-star prospect by ESPN, 247Sports and Rivals…Ranked as the 11th-best wide receiver, the 19th–best player in the state of Florida and ranked No. 92 in the ESPN300 ratings… Competed in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Bowl and hauled in a highlight reel catch for a 24-yard touchdown…Helped guide Gulliver Prep to the FHSAA 4A State Playoffs…Finished his prep career with over 1,000 yards receiving and 11 receiving touchdowns…Chose Miami over scholarship offers from Alabama, Auburn and Clemson.

Who's throwing to him?

The dumbest thing I'm seeing is these high schools having kids that have signed in December in ceremonies with kids signing in the February period. It's gonna confuse some people.

Good question. It will probably be an open competition at QB to decide that. Starting freshmen at QB without having a OC for basically the entire season hurt us.

Didn't ya'll offer Justin Cannon out of Bryant High?

Didn't ya'll offer Justin Cannon out of Bryant High?
I've been waiting to see his name pop up. I know his teammate Landen Perry committed to us on yesterday. Haven't seen his name yet either. We have a lot of players signing today.

JSU update: We signed ALL of our expected recruits.

THEE END!

By the way, you can tell by this post how some people aint used to nothing but .... congrats to all of you on your successful signing day!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Southern's 2018 signing class built upon relationships established early

When Southern coach Dawson Odums looked at his fully assembled 2018 signing class, he stressed the importance of building relationships.

There were the two players from Ocala, Florida, whom Odums thinks Southern snagged because of the roots it has established in that area. There was the big offensive lineman the Jaguars were there for early and late, even as the big-name schools showed interest. There were transfers with whom Southern established relationships long ago who made their way to the Bluff a couple years late.

“It’s all about relationships,” Odums said.

After signing 11 players in the early signing period, Southern added four more players to its 2018 signing class Wednesday, in offensive lineman Larry Dixon, linebacker Jordan Lewis and defensive backs Robert Rhem and Glenn Brown III.

The Jaguars also officially announced the addition of two transfers from the Football Bowl Subdivision classification — Hunter Register and Kennedy Madison, both of whom are already attending classes at Southern — bringing its total number of signees to 17.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_f5954226-0c39-11e8-b38f-1336fb754b77.html

I like the class that’s Willie Simmons has brought in...definitely went for speed in this class...and I love it.

Back