Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson? Nov 8, 2003

Like someone posted earlier...you don't have to knock Mike Tyson out to score a victory. Most of Mike's earlier ring techniques are out the window.

Roy could win on a decision alone. I seriously doubt that the fight would go 12 rounds. Mike would do something to get himself disqualified. But I think after Roy pops him a couple of times...Mike won't have the heart to fight. He is no longer the monster that everyone feared. Holyfield proved that. Lennox whooped that ass. It's a done deal. He's another living legend.

It?s crazy to assume that Mike Tyson won?t be able to hit Roy Jones with good shots. Even John Ruiz hit Roy with some clean shots, though Roy took them like a soldier.

I saw Virgin Hill drop Roy Jones to the canvas with a shot. Jones got right back up but if that were a shot from Tyson, it might have ended the fight.

1) Jones is the fasted fighter I?ve ever seen
2) He has more skill than Tyson
3) He is more disciplined/smarter than Tyson
4) Roy is at the top of his game, Tyson is past his prime

BUT if Tyson hits Roy with one of those bombs?..it?ll be a very short fight.
BUT if Tyson trains properly for this fight, he?ll be okay.

This is one fight I wouldn?t bet money on.

Gentlemen.....
Mike Tyson is a very sick individual in need of LONG-TERM mental help. The boxing ring is simply a means of revenue to pay for those seemingly endless legal battles. We have all watched him grow WORSER and more bizarre each year. The brother suffers from depresson and psychophrenia. That's a fact. The boxing ring aint' no cure for this type of isht fellas. I wish the brother could find something to do other than boxing......but the temptation of the $$$ from "curiosity bouts" like this are too great.

Mike isint' a boxer anymore. He's a prize fighter. (there's a difference.) He's not even in the top 10 of most legit Heavyweight contender rankings. The promoters are going to ride him until there's nothing left. (which in my opinion... is now.) :(

Like OLIVER MCCALL, Mike suffered a mental breakdown (yes...that's what it was) inside the ring against Holyfield. Have we seen OLIVER after that sad event? HELL NO. Mike is profitable. That makes it okay. :(

The WORST thing that could EVER hppen to Mike Tyson is to become heavyweigt champion again. Believe that.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

Roy could win on a decision alone. I seriously doubt that the fight would go 12 rounds. Mike would do something to get himself disqualified. But I think after Roy pops him a couple of times...Mike won't have the heart to fight. He is no longer the monster that everyone feared. Holyfield proved that. Lennox whooped that ass. It's a done deal. He's another living legend.

Its true, the fight could go the distance, and if it does. Roy will most likely get the decison. I disagree with you on Mike quitting though. I think the thing with Holyfield happened and that's that. I don't see it as a pattern in Mike to quit or try and get disqualified. I have to believe Mike sees the opportunity this fight presents him and will train accordingly.

Originally posted by BIFF
He's not even in the top 10 of most legit Heavyweight contender rankings.

That's a lie!!!! He is ranked in the top 10 in all of the rankings except WBO :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is no matter how crazy ya'll THINK Tyson is he still can throw 4 combinations to the body under a second, he still has that one knockout punch power, he still can throw beautiful combinations, he is still other than Roy the fastest heavyweight in the division and if he trains like he's suppose to he's unbeatable. Ya'll are acting like Roy is Ali. Maybe if Roy would have fought 3 more fights against some heavyweights and added some weight gradually ya'll would have a valid argument but this can went the distance against Ruiz who he should have knocked out. If u go back and watch that fight you'll see that Ruiz landed some nice body shots on Roy and I guarantee u when Tyson lands a single body shot on Roy and it will happen his hands will drop and he will be slower and set up for the knockout.

Lewis beat Tyson basically because he trained harder than Tyson and he slowed Tyson down by jabbing him and tying him up. Roy won't be able to do that. Roy will have no choice but to come inside and when he does body shots will take him out.

Tyson loss to Holyfield because he got frustrated with the head butting which cut his eye. He couldn't keep his cool.

Originally posted by PsychoJag

Lewis beat Tyson basically because he trained harder than Tyson.

No.....Lewis beat Tyson Basically because he whipped his arse. Mike was deystroyed. In fact, the performance Mike gave in that fight didnt' even warrant a re-match.

Originally posted by PsychoJag
How many Heavyweights u know can land a 4 punch combination in under a second? :confused: I rest my case.:rolleyes:

You are speaking of the Tyson of old. Im' sure Holyfield and Lennox are still hurting from those 4-puch-under a second combos. :rolleyes:

Come on PJ.....Mike hasnt' thrown a 4-punch combo since he split with Rooney as his trainer.

If Tyson trains and is disciplined, he'll land the powers shots he needs for a KO. If he doesn't train right, he'll get DQ'd or Roy will get the decision.

Roy is like a mini superman but.....4-5 Tyson powershots on the chin will end this fight, period. If a Virgil Hill punch can knock Roy on his back, the right Mike Tyson punch will end this fight, period.

And whoever thinks Tyson isn't in the top 10 heavyweights anymore is either :retard: or :cool: .

Mike's potential is still greater than any other Heavyweight. If he'd only train properly.:smh:

The common denominator in all of these threads is If he trains properly How many years have people been saying that? How many quality tune up fights has he had? I believe physically, he's still able to be a great fighter. But the body can only do what the mind tells it to do. The mind isn't there. When he isn't on his meds...anything is liable to happen i.e. Bit Ear Will Run. When he's on the meds, he's a ***** cat i.e. Lennox Lewis opening up a can of whoop ass. It's sad. But it's true.

Mike Tyson is a has been boxer.
Tupac Shakur is dead.
There are no weapons of mass destruction.
GSU will win the SWAC in football again this year.
These things are 100% guaranteed!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I notice a lot of people are saying that Roy would win based on the Tyson Lennox Lewis fight.Man Tyson would kill that man. You can't possibly think that Roy would win . Think about it, the only way Lennox won is because he out smarted Tyson and his size but that can't work for Roy be cause he can't keep Tyson off with his jab because he's not as tall as Lenox who throws power Jabs. Tyson will walk threw Roy Jones. Tyson hasn't slowed down at all. If anybody saw the fight Tyson really wasn't knocked out at the end he was frustrated not sayin that Lennox Didn't hurt him but Tyson couldn't get pass Lennox's height and that long ass power jab lol.

Originally posted by BIFF
No.....Lewis beat Tyson Basically because he whipped his arse. Mike was deystroyed. In fact, the performance Mike gave in that fight didnt' even warrant a re-match.

Then again Tyson said before the match that he needed a couple of fights to get ready but he knew Lennox wouldn't wait for him. Not sayin that he would win but it would have been a better lookin fight. Even Lennox wan't so quick to just trade shots with Tyson. HE would keep that long ass jab out there so Tyson could'nt come in then he would thro that right in there every once in a while

Back