Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson? Nov 8, 2003

When did 5'9'' mike Tyson weigh 250?

Also you say Jones hasn't beaten anyone in the last 10 years? Who has Tyson beat? No one. What has Tyson done over the last 5 years to make anyone believe in him? Nothing. But people always say Jones "ducks" opponents? Which ones. the man fought whomever was put in front of him. So now he is fighting heaveyweights to quite his critics and that still isn't enough...so if he beats Tyson I wonder then what folks will have to say. At least when Jones fights these bums, he destroys them.

Combinations? When was the last time you saw Tyson throw a combo? Tyson has never been a "boxer". He has always been a slugger and an intimidator, Once he lost intimidation, just running and trying to hit someone as hard as you can became less effective. Tyson isn't even one of the greatest heaveyweights of all time. I wouldn't rank him above Lewis on any level. Boxing is about more than knockouts.

I can't believe I am defending Roy Jones, who I don't like. But I know skill and telent when I see it. Props wher they are due.

Originally posted by Suge
When did 5'9'' mike Tyson weigh 250?

Also you say Jones hasn't beaten anyone in the last 10 years? Who has Tyson beat? No one. What has Tyson done over the last 5 years to make anyone believe in him? Nothing. But people always say Jones "ducks" opponents? Which ones. the man fought whomever was put in front of him. So now he is fighting heaveyweights to quite his critics and that still isn't enough...so if he beats Tyson I wonder then what folks will have to say. At least when Jones fights these bums, he destroys them.

Combinations? When was the last time you saw Tyson throw a combo? Tyson has never been a "boxer". He has always been a slugger and an intimidator, Once he lost intimidation, just running and trying to hit someone as hard as you can became less effective. Tyson isn't even one of the greatest heaveyweights of all time. I wouldn't rank him above Lewis on any level. Boxing is about more than knockouts.

I can't believe I am defending Roy Jones, who I don't like. But I know skill and telent when I see it. Props wher they are due.

Now u say that u never saw Tyson throw a combo I know that u are not a boxing fan. Cus Dimato taught Tyson the art of throwing a combination. If Roy beats Tyson I'll be the first to say that Roy is the real deal but that won't happen. I won't sit here and say that Tyson is a traditional boxer because I would be lying but he is technical when it comes to combinations and where to hit opponents. And u say Tyson isn't one of the greats.:rolleyes: Come on man lets be for real. Even Muhammad Ali and George Forman ranked him in the top 10. I knwo that boxing is about more than knockouts so does that mean that Rocky Marciano's wins don't count? Because he was a knockout artist and the majority of his 50-0 record was knockouts.:rolleyes:

Psycho Jag, looking at that list of opponents that you posted, I see a lot of champions, former champions, and number #1,2, and 3 contenders on that list, that Roy has beaten.

I don't know what fighters you're talking about, when you say Roy ducked fighters, name them, and when you name them, can you honestly say, they would've fared any better than any other person Roy has made look silly in the ring, and please don't put Tito on that list, because that fight wouldn't have been fair.

As far as Tyson goes, he hasn't beaten anybody significant since Michael Spinks, and that was when? Mike is shot, and washed up, nobody with any real boxing skills fears him anymore, he's nothing more than a joke in boxing. That's it.

NICE

Mar. 6 -- Hector Mercedes, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Apr. 10 -- Trent Singleton, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
May 23 -- Don Halpern, Albany, N.Y., KO 4
June 20 -- Rick Spain, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
July 11 -- John Alderson, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 2
July 19 -- Larry Sims, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., KO 3
Aug. 15 -- Lorenzo Canady, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1
Sept. 5 -- Michael Johnson, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 9 -- Donnie Long, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 25 -- Robert Colay, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Nov. 1 -- Sterling Benjamin, Latham, N.Y., TKO 1
Nov. 13 -- Eddie Richardson, Houston, KO 1
Nov. 22 -- Conroy Nelson, Latham, N.Y., KO 2
Dec. 6 -- Sammy Scaff, New York, KO 1
Dec. 27 -- Mark Young, Latham, N.Y., KO 1

Jan. 10 -- Dave Jaco, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Jan. 24 -- Mike Jamison, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 5
Feb. 16 -- Jesse Ferguson, Troy, N.Y., W DSQ 6
Mar. 10 -- Steve Zouski, Uniondale, N.Y., KO 3
May 3 -- James Tillis, Glen Falls, N.Y., W 10
May 20 -- Mitch Green, New York, W 10
June 13 -- Reggie Gross, New York, TKO 1
June 28 -- William Hosea, Troy, N.Y., KO 1
July 11 -- Lorenzo Boyd, Swan Lake, N.Y., KO 2
July 26 -- Marvis Frazier, Glen Falls, N.Y., KO 1
Aug. 17 -- Jose Ribalta, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 10
Sept. 6 -- Alfonzo Ratliff, Las Vegas, KO 2
Nov. 22 -- Trevor Berbick, Las Vegas, TKO 2
(Won WBC Heavyweight Title)

Mar.7 -- James Smith, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won WBA Heavyweight Title/Retained WBC Heavyweight Title)
May 30 -- Pinklon Thomas, Las Vegas, TKO 6
(Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles)
Aug. 1 -- Tony Tucker, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won IBF Heavyweight Title/Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles/Became Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion)
Oct. 16 -- Tyrell Biggs, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 7
(Retained Undisputed World Heavyweight Title)

Jan. 22 -- Larry Holmes, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 4
Mar. 21 -- Tony Tubbs, Tokyo, Japan, TKO 2
June 27 -- Michael Spinks, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Feb. 25 -- Frank Bruno, Las Vegas, TKO 5
July 21 -- Carl Williams, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1

Feb. 11 -- James Douglas, Tokyo, Japan, KO by 10
(Lost World Heavyweight Title)
June 16 -- Henry Tillman, Las Vegas, KO 1
Dec. 8 -- Alex Stewart, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Mar. 18 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, TKO 7
June 28 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, W 12

Aug. 19 -- Peter McNeeley, Las Vegas, W DSQ 1
Dec. 16 -- Buster Mathis, Jr., Philadelphia, KO 3

Mar. 16 -- Frank Bruno, Las Vegas, TKO 3
(Won WBC Heavyweight Title)
Sept. 7 -- Bruce Seldon, Las Vegas, TKO 1
(Won WBA Heavyweight Title)
Nov. 9 -- Evander Holyfield, Las Vegas, TKO by 11
(Lost WBA Heavyweight Title)

June 28 -- Evander Holyfield, Las Vegas, L DQ 3
(For WBA Heavyweight Title)

Jan. 16 -- Francois Botha, Las Vegas, KO 5
Oct. 23 -- Orlin Norris, Las Vegas, NC 1

Jan. 29 -- Julius Francis, Manchester, England, TKO 2
June 24 -- Lou Savarese, Glasgow, Scotland, TKO 1
Oct. 20 -- Andrew Golota, Detroit, NC 3

Oct. 13 -- Brian Nielsen, Copenhagen, Denmark, TKO 7

Oct. 13 -- Lennox Lewis, Memphis, Tennessee, KO by 8
(For WBC and IBF heavyweight title)

Feb. 22 -- Clifford Etienne, Memphis, Tennessee, KO 1

As u can see Tyson has been in the bigger fights against better opponents.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by D-NICE
Psycho Jag, looking at that list of opponents that you posted, I see a lot of champions, former champions, and number #1,2, and 3 contenders on that list, that Roy has beaten.

I don't know what fighters you're talking about, when you say Roy ducked fighters, name them, and when you name them, can you honestly say, they would've fared any better than any other person Roy has made look silly in the ring, and please don't put Tito on that list, because that fight wouldn't have been fair.

As far as Tyson goes, he hasn't beaten anybody significant since Michael Spinks, and that was when? Mike is shot, and washed up, nobody with any real boxing skills fears him anymore, he's nothing more than a joke in boxing. That's it.

NICE

Think about it. Roy can't run 3 rounds and he's not strong enough to tie Tyson up effectively like Lewis did. One body shot or head shot will slow Roy down the whole night. Roy has never been hit before.

Of course Tysons fought better opponents. He's been fighting in a heavyweight division. Jones hasn't but once. Whatever point you are trying to prove is null and void. As far as division goes, Tyson has fought WAY MORE cupcakes in his division than Roy. Man, how could you even put Andrew Golota's name in bold print? Anybody who knows boxing should know that post-1991, everyone that Tyson has fought were chumps he beat just to give the impression that he should be the #1 contender. Whenever he got to the championship fight he either DQ himself (cause he knew he couldn't win), or got knocked on his arse. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PsychoJag
May 6 -- Ricky Randall, Pensacola, Florida, KO 2
June 11 -- Stephan Johnson, Atlantic City, New Jersey, KO 8
Sep. 3 -- Ron Amundsen, Pensacola, Florida, KO 7
Nov. 30 -- Dave McCluskey, Pensacola, Florida, KO 3

Jan. 8 -- Joe Edens, Mobile, Alabama, KO 2
Feb. 28 -- Billy Mitchum, Pensacola, Florida, TKO 2
Mar. 28 -- Knox Brown, Pensacola, Florida, KO 3
May 11 -- Ron Johnson, Pensacola, Florida, KO 2
July 14 -- Tony Waddles, Pensacola, Florida, KO 1
Sep. 25 -- Rollin Williams, Pensacola, Florida, KO 4
Nov. 8 -- Reggie Miller, Pensacola, Florida, KO 5

Jan. 31 -- Ricky Stackhouse, Pensacola, Florida, KO 1
Apr. 13 -- Eddie Evans, Pensacola, Florida, TKO 3
Aug. 3 -- Kevin Daigle, Pensacola, Florida, TKO 2
Aug. 31 -- Lester Yarbrough, Pensacola, Florida, KO 8

Jan. 10 -- <font color=red>Jorge Vaca</font>, New York City, KO 1
Apr. 3 -- Art Serwano, Reno, Nevada, KO 1
June 30 -- Jorge Castro, Pensacola, Florida, W 10
Aug. 18 -- Glenn Thomas, Pensacola, Florida, KO 8
Dec. 5 -- Percy Harris, Atlantic City, New Jersey, KO 4

Feb. 13 -- Glenn Wolfe, Las Vegas, Nevada, KO 1
May 22 -- <font color=red>Bernard Hopkins</font>, Washington D.C, W 12
(Captured IBF middleweight title)
Aug. 14 -- Thulane Malinga, St. Louis Bay, Mississippi, KO 6
Nov. 30 -- Fermin Chirino, Pensacola, Florida, W 10

Mar. 22 -- Daniel Garcia, Pensacola, Florida, KO 6
May 27 -- <font color=red>Thomas Tate</font>, Las Vegas, Nevada, KO 2
(Retained IBF middleweight title)
Nov. 18 -- <font color=red>James Toney</font>, Las Vegas, Nevada, W 12
(Captured IBF super middleweight title)

Mar. 18 -- Antoine Byrd, Pensacola, Florida, TKO 1
(Retained IBF super middleweight title)
June 24 -- <font color=red>Vinny Pazienza</font>, Atlantic City, New Jersey, TKO 6
Sep. 30 -- Tony Thornton, Pensacola, Florida, TKO 2

Jan. 12 -- <font color=red>Merqui Sosa</font>, New York City, TKO 2
June 15 -- <font color=red>Eric Lucas</font>, Jacksonville, Florida, KO 11
Oct. 4 -- Bryant Brannon, New York City, KO 2
Nov. 22 -- <font color=red>Mike McCallum</font>, Tampa, Florida, W 12
(Won interim WBC light heavyweight title)

Mar. 21 -- <font color=red>Montell Griffin</font>, Atlantic City, New Jersey, L DQ 9
(Lost WBC light heavyweight title)
Aug. 21 -- <font color=red>Montell Griffin</font>, Ledyard, Connecticut, KO 1
(Regained WBC light heavyweight title)

Apr. 25 -- <font color=red>Virgil Hill</font>, Biloxi,Mississippi, KO 4
July 18 -- <font color=red>Lou Del Valle</font>, New York, W 12
(Unified WBC and WBA light heavyweight titles)
Nov. 14 -- Otis Grant, Mashantucket, Connecticut, TKO 10
(Retained WBC and WBA light heavyweight titles)

Jan. 9 -- Rick Frazier, Pensacola, Florida, KO 2
(Retained WBC and WBA light heavyweight titles)
June 5 -- <font color=red>Reggie Johnson</font>, Biloxi, Mississippi, W 12
(Unifies WBA-WBC-IBF light heavyweight titles)

Jan. 15 -- David Telesco, New York City, W 12
(Retained unified light heavyweight title)
May 13 -- Richard Hall, Indianapolis, Indiana, TKO 11
Sept. 9 -- Eric Harding, New Orleans, Louisiana, TKO 10

Feb. 24 -- Derrick Harmon, Tampa, Florida, TKO 10
July 28 -- Julio Gonzalez, Los Angeles, California, W 12

Feb. 2 -- Glenn Kelly, Miami, Florida, TKO 7
Sept. 7 -- Clinton Woods, Portland, Oregon, TKO 6

March 1 -- <font color=red>John Ruiz</font>, Las Vegas, Nevada, W 12
(Captured WBA heavyweight title)

I only see two legit opponents. Where are the real fights? He ducks true fighters.

:rolleyes:
You only see two legit fighters because you don't watch enough boxing to recognize names. Yet you highlight Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick and all those other bums for Tyson as being quality opponents.

I count at least 5 hall of fame boxers on Roy's resume. Toney, Hopkins, Mike McCallum, Virgil Hill and Vinny Pazienza. Reggie Johnson won titles in 2 weight divisions, I believe. Eric Lucas is current super middleweight champ, unless he just lost his belt. John Ruiz just fought Holyfield to a stalemate for 3 fights, but you discount him, and at the same time count Holyfield for Tyson.

Problem is, the first time you see Roy's opponent is against Roy. They look silly. But I watch boxing religiously. I watch Telemundo del Box on some spanish speaking station and can't understand any of the words. But I see the fighters. I've seen many of Roy's opponents before they fought Roy. They looked good against other ranked contenders. But Roy is just better than them.

And as for the fighters you say Roy ducked, we're still waiting. I'm guessing you'll name the usual suspects: Nigel Benn (Roy woulda killed him), Gerald McClellan, Joe Calzaghe and Darius Michalczchewski(sp?). Ask any of those fighters, and any other fighter you might name if they ever fought Roy Jones. I'm guessing they'll say "no". It takes 2 to tango. Anybody can talk.

Originally posted by unknown1
I hope those names in red arent supposed to be bona fied fighters.
They are bona fide to me. That's all that matters. And they are just as bona fide as those that Psycho Jag put in bold for Tyson.

It ain't my fault that you don't watch the sport enough to recognize them. Obviously, everybody can't be a household name.

Robber!

I watch Telemundo fights at work, too. Let me let you in on a secret.... Turn your SAP on and you sometimes can get the english language to some of the fights. Not all, but some.

Originally posted by Mr. SWAC
Of course Tysons fought better opponents. He's been fighting in a heavyweight division. Jones hasn't but once. Whatever point you are trying to prove is null and void. As far as division goes, Tyson has fought WAY MORE cupcakes in his division than Roy. Man, how could you even put Andrew Golota's name in bold print? Anybody who knows boxing should know that post-1991, everyone that Tyson has fought were chumps he beat just to give the impression that he should be the #1 contender. Whenever he got to the championship fight he either DQ himself (cause he knew he couldn't win), or got knocked on his arse. :rolleyes:

Take a good look at the heavyweight division.:rolleyes: No one is fighting any of the true competition. So don't single Tyson out. Everyone is looking for the big payday. The fact of the matter is that Roy won't last 3 rounds with Tyson simply because 1. He has never fought a fighter like Tyson (Power and Speed). 2. He can't run for 3 rounds. 3. He has never been Really hit before. 4 He's not a true Modern heavyweight.

Yall act like the people Tyson lost to is weak.....

I mean do you think anybody can just step in the ring and beat Holyfield and Lewis? I mean you guys act like Lewis is weak? I don't think that many people in boxing can beat Lewis. Hell i STILL see Tyson knocking people out. Hell Tyson was faster than Lewis but he still lost. Lewis had a longer reach and got in A LOT of jabs. We can throw Roys quickness out because Tyson isn't all that slow. Now power for power who do you think will win? I mean do you people think Roy Jones Jr could easily beat Lewis or Holyfield and run thru the Heavy weight because he beat Ruiz? Give me a break.lol. Like people say, Heavyweight is A LOT different, the punches are more powerful, and i don't think Roy Jones Jr has gotten hit by anyone with power like Tysons. Hell Lewis even respected Tysons power. And I promise you if Roy Jones Jr stepped in the ring with Lewis, he'll wish he never had made that decision, and Lewis even said that.lol.

I hope Roy doesn't fight Tyson because he would really have to gain tremendous weight in order to compete.This extra weight would only slow him down and nullify his effectiveness.

Rob, I thought I was the only person watching boxing on telemundo. Mike thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it out. I also watch those Oscar De La Hoya presents fights on HBO2.

Bayou T, it's not the fact that Tyson lost to Holyfield, and Lewis, it's the way he lost. Those fights were not epic battles like great heavyweight bouts of the past, he got dominated, and pushed around by Holyfield, and just got the dog schit beat out of him against Lewis, so much so, that he was wiping the sweat off of Lewis' face when the bout was over. Man, those fights were as one sided, as one sided could be.

For those that say Roy can't take a punch from Tyson, what makes you guys think he has the speed to trap Roy, over even better, to hit him. Mike is not the heavyweight with middleweight speed anymore, and I think some of you still think he is.

Roy is much too smart of a fighter to get in there in mix it up with Mike, he didn't become a great fighter by being dumb.......oh well we will see.

NICE

I get so tired of the Jones detractors running to the "he ducks oponents" card everytime his name is brought up. That list alone shows you that he took on all comers. Truth is that the man can box, he is smart, he has speed, and he has punching power. And if you don't believe that, ask Montel Griffen after he talked all that noise after winning on DQ in that first fight. Roy went in and destroyed his arse like wet tissue paper............he could knock out alot of his opponents, but chooses to box them instead.

You people talk about him needing to put in weight to fight Tyson? Exactly why? He fought Ruiz at 200 lbs, and still maintained his speed. Why would he need to go higher than 200-210 for Tyson. Tyson at his heaviest is about 220-230. Same as Ruiz was, but with less reach.

I see most of you are still stuck in 1989. When Tyson was beating up on Bums....Like Botha!!! I still can't believe PJ, that you highlighted some of those bums Tyson beat. They were names, and nothing more. A big name opponent doesn't always make it a big fight. And go back and read my last post about Tyson and combinations, you overlooked the phrase "when was the last time"! Cus may have taught Tyson how to fight and taught him technique, but Cus has been dead a long time and so has Tyson's technique in the ring.

Man seeing Virgil Hill's name reminds me of how he was supposed to be the one to knock Roy off his perch. He was dominated. But I guess now he isn't quality oponent anymore. Same can be said for Reggie Johnson.........

Still right now the best fighting is in the 140-160 lb range. I can't wait to see Vargas on friday night fights. he hasn't been back since being embarassed by Oscar. But Vargas will be great. he just got ahead of himself with Oscar and Tito.

Roy can drop Mike Tyson like a bad habit. Mike Tyson is a washed up has been. Besides a hard punch, that's pretty much all he has left.

Tyson's been washed up. Roy would get Tyson upset and flustered inside of 3 rounds and then pick him apart. Roy proved in tha last fight tha you don't have to knock out a heavyweight to win tha fight hands down. Roy's faster now than Tyson ever was. The only thing Roy has to gain from this fight is a BIG payday.:D

Re: Do any of you actually watch boxing?

Originally posted by Suge
Or do yall just listen to Sports radio and let Rome or some other has been tell you what to think. Yall here talking about Tyson like he has actually beat anybody in the last 10 years!

Mike Tyson is not the same as 1990 Mike Tyson. The man is not a boxer, and Roy Jones has skill, as well as quickness to handle Tyson. Jones at 200 is a great fit for Tyson at 220-225. Tyson is not a super heavyweight like Lewis or the Klitch bros, so this really isn't a mismatch. You saw how a skilled boxer handled Tyson when he fought Lewis, and when he fought Holyfield. Jones is just a much a student of the "sweet science" as those two and will punish Mike Tyson. He has speed, and he has enough power to keep Tyson at bay.

To me this still doesn't mean that Jones is fighting a legit opponent. Tyson is a name opponent, but not a real contender to any real boxer out there right now. But hey Jones fights whomever they put in front of him, and that is all he can do........

If this fight is done, I'll take a few bets.

I didn't even read the rest of the thread. If the fight is made, I'll bet with you and on my honor I'll pay if I lose but I don't think I'll have to worry about that. This could be Mike Tyson 2090 and he's still gonna knock Roy Jones senseless. Roy's a good fighter, but he's not battle tested, and its not even his fault. Tyson pound for pound isn't the fighter Roy is, but he's battle tested. I seriously doubt Roy could knock Mike out. The only hope he would have would be to go the distance and outpoint Tyson, and if he comes in with that strategy and sticks to it, I'll owe you some money but I know at some point in the fight, especially early, because that's how Tyson starts out, he's gonna get that chin checked and I just don't see it. But yeah, I'll bet with you.

yeah Tyson is REALLY slow huh.....

Why do people think Tyson is SLOW or doesn't have speed? Tyson still throw some fast blows. And who has Roy fought that has the power like Tyson?? Oh are you gonna say Ruiz???lol. Do you think Ruiz's punches are the same as Tysons? Hell Ruiz is SLOWER than Tyson too. Just about EVERYBODY picked Roy Jones Jr to beat Ruiz so that was no surprise. I promise you once Tyson gets that first lick in on Roy, Roy won't be show boatin and dancin and actin a fool in the ring like he usually does.

I still see a lot of people keep talkin about the Lewis fight, hell Lewis beat Tyson with Jabs, Lewis was TALLER so the Jabs was his best move on Tyson. Lewis had a LONGER reach so he didn't have to move in close to mix it up with Tyson. Do you guys think Roy Jones Jr. have a long reach or somethin??? Roy is not gonna be able thow those lil jabs like Lewis did. He's gonna have to get in there and mix it up if he plans on beating Tyson. And i promise you Tyson is FASTER than Ruiz.lol. You see how Roy was mostly on the defensive with Ruiz and had Ruiz comming after him most of the fight. A turtle moves faster than Ruiz, Roy was basically playing with the slow guy. Roy won't be able to do that with Tyson.

I see the Tyson bandwagon is still as strong as ever. Nevertheless, most of you guys made some valid points for both fighters. I see the fight as Tyson being favored early, but if Roy can get through the first few rounds then the fight is his by decision.

MJ speaks!

i like how you said bandwagon....

I actually like both fighters. I just don't see Roy beating Tyson after one heavyweight bout, like people say those heavyweights hit a lot HARDER. That's why I said he needs to fight 3-4 more heavyweights. The power(punches and getting hit) in the heavyweight division is different from light heavyweight. And Ruiz is not powerful like a Tyson or Lewis. Those brothas are commin with raw power. Lennox Lewis basically laughed after the Ruiz fight when he was asked about fighting Roy Jones Jr. because he knows Roy isn't ready for that kind of power, i can't remember his exact wording. And you still see Tyson knocking people out in the first round so i don't think he's lost his power.

Now Roy does have boxing skills and like you said he can win by decision. But i know Tyson will be goin for that knockout, either Tyson will get DQ'd or Roy will get knocked out, or the fight will be stopped because somebody's face got busted open, i don't see it goin to a decision.

Re: i like how you said bandwagon....(You like that Huh))

Originally posted by BAYOU TECHE
I actually like both fighters. I just don't see Roy beating Tyson after one heavyweight bout, like people say those heavyweights hit a lot HARDER. That's why I said he needs to fight 3-4 more heavyweights. The power(punches and getting hit) in the heavyweight division is different from light heavyweight. And Ruiz is not powerful like a Tyson or Lewis. Those brothas are commin with raw power. Lennox Lewis basically laughed after the Ruiz fight when he was asked about fighting Roy Jones Jr. because he knows Roy isn't ready for that kind of power, i can't remember his exact wording. And you still see Tyson knocking people out in the first round so i don't think he's lost his power.

Now Roy does have boxing skills and like you said he can win by decision. But i know Tyson will be goin for that knockout, either Tyson will get DQ'd or Roy will get knocked out, or the fight will be stopped because somebody's face got busted open, i don't see it goin to a decision.

Can't say that I disagree with you on the puching power of Tyson and Lewis but don't you think Roy knows that as well. He probably knows he will be hit with something aweful and I am sure he will adjust once he is hit or gets close to being hit. Like somebody said earlier he didn't get this far by being stupid. Personally, I never wanted to see Roy move up to this division anyway because I know what type of bombs those heavyweights can throw.

i actually wanted to see him move up.....

I wanted him to move up because the heavyweight division needed some excitement, it was gettin too boring. I was glad to see Roy get a belt. But I didn't think he was gonna want to fight the big boys this quick. Hell he has heart that's all i can say. And he does have hella boxing skills and ring smarts, i know he has power too, like you said i'm sure he'll adjust once he gets hit. But I do respect him, because he isn't running from anybody, he'll fight anybody.

BT, come on man. What legitimate fighters is Tyson knocking out in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds? Those fighters are nothing but a bunch of stiffs, and not even on John Ruiz's level, since y'all think the man is such a bumb.

The fact of the matter is, Tyson won't have the chance to land a flush shot against Roy Jones, just like those before him, his style doesn't allow it. He is the Marcus Allen of boxing, the same way Marcus avoided taking big shots for 10+ years of playing running back, and always falling forward, Roy's style is such, that he doesn't take big shots, to head, or to the body.

Mike McCallum, who was arguably one of the greatest body punchers in the history of boxing, hence the name "Bodysnatcher," couldn't get close enough to land one his devasting rib shots to Roy, and if you can't hit someone in the body, you damn sure won't hit them in the head.

For all of the "speed" that Mike Tyson still has, where was that speed against Lewis? Where was that "speed" against Holyfield? Yes BT, I went to Lewis, and Holyfield again, because those are the only 2 worthy opponents Tyson has fought in the last 10 years.

A snail can appear to have speed against the likes of Francois Botha, Peter McNeeley, Lou Saveres, Clifford "The Glass Rhino" Etienne, Brian Nielsen, Julius Francis, and Buster Mathis Jr.

NICE

Back