Oprah Snubbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's all said and done ...........They won't miss it either .................This ain't TARGET or WAL-MART.

This is like saying Farrari or Lambragini will go out of business because they would not give her a car on demand.

staggalee83 said:
When it's all said and done ...........They won't miss it either .................This ain't TARGET or WAL-MART.

This is like saying Farrari or Lambragini will go out of business because they would not give her a car on demand.

~snicker~

And that's what people are missing. You're talking about a store with prices that make Louis Vuitton look like Dollar General, they aren't going to declare bankruptcy because Oprah is no longer shopping there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They won't go out of business but Rolls Royce or Mercedes DID open their store on a Sunday afternoon when she wanted to buy her dad a car for his birthday. Then she plugged the dealership on television

chocalate_topaz said:
They won't go out of business but Rolls Royce or Mercedes DID open their store on a Sunday afternoon when she wanted to buy her dad a car for his birthday. Then she plugged the dealership on television

I'm sure this store would have made arrangements for her as well, if she had called ahead and not showed up after the store was closed. But her plugs wouldn't matter in this case, companies like this don't need to advertise. Those who can afford to shop there already know about it, how many Lamborghini commercials have you seen?

Oprah does have power and influence and I think under normal circumstances the store would have accommodated her. But didn't this store have a private event going on when she showed up? I think if Oprah had gotten her people to call ahead, the store could have worked something out. I know I'd be kissing her azz if she was coming to shop in my store. :tup:

BF, I can't believe your approach to this based upon your industry. Money talks, bs walks. As noted on page 1, you would be gone if you treated a high profile customer they way you are talking. I don't know how it is in the Show Me State, but down here in Bayou Country, we don't have to prove to you why you are being shown the door.

cat daddy said:
Oprah does have power and influence and I think under normal circumstances the store would have accommodated her. But didn't this store have a private event going on when she showed up? I think if Oprah had gotten her people to call ahead, the store could have worked something out. I know I'd be kissing her azz if she was coming to shop in my store. :tup:

BF, I can't believe your approach to this based upon your industry. Money talks, bs walks. As noted on page 1, you would be gone if you treated a high profile customer they way you are talking. I don't know how it is in the Show Me State, but down here in Bayou Country, we don't have to prove to you why you are being shown the door.

Cat Daddy: I agree. They could have phoned ahead too. However, the part that got me was "we have been having problems with North Africans lately"...

chocalate_topaz said:

SEE POST #8 ..........................Thanks for proving my point that this was avoidable on her end. :jump:

If she had done the same in this instance, this store would have made plans for her to shop til she dropped.

Again ........thanks. :D

Folks,

Let's be REALISTIC here......MONEY TALKS!!!! That was bad business. YALL mean to tell me that if yall owned a store and Oprah came by 15 min after business hours, yall wouldn't RUSH to flip the "Sorry we're Closed" sign back to OPEN???? You're KIDDING YOURSELF!!! Your pride could cost you a couple ching chings!!!
I'd be like, "Anything else I could help you with Ms. Winfrey, wanna grab Gail a suvonuir? :nod:...Better put that pride ASIDE...

If the Hermes personnel is so arrogant that Oprah's business isn't important enough to make exceptions, then so be it. It is the Oprah Winfrey's and Martha Stewart's of the world that would be purchasing $50,000 purses. If Oprah should decide that she wants 100 of those handbags, it's hard to believe that they would rather keep the handbags than to provide "special" customer service to such a client. Apparantly they don't work for commission!

People can say what they want, but Hermes will miss Oprah's money. Most of us cant afford to shop there, and O has plenty of rich friends that will not shop there if they feel she was treated wrongly. They will kiss her butt real good.

Most of us dont live or shop in that world. It is different, if you ever get expose to it, you will see.

You dont want this if you are Hermes " Meanwhile, though The Oprah Winfrey Show is currently on hiatus, a spokesperson for the show confirmed that Winfrey plans to devote a show to her "Crash moment" in September."

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16815,00.html

Olde Hornet said:
Show is currently on hiatus, a spokesperson for the show confirmed that Winfrey plans to devote a show to her "Crash moment" in September."

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16815,00.html

Oh wow ............what a shock.
This is the same woman that made her jury duty seem like she discovered a cure for cancer. :xeye:

BUT ...........Make that dollar O.
I wonder if all this fuss would have been made if 50 cent showed up after hours wanting to by $100,000 worth of bling bling. :hat:

I will not jump to conclusions until I hear what Oprah has to say about all of this. However, its not the store's fault that Oprah got her ass there after the store closed. Schitt, when the store closes...the people who work there are ready to go home.

SAME OLD G said:
Schitt, when the store closes...the people who work there are ready to go home.

If I stood a chance to make a commision equal to a month's salary, it ain't nothing so pressing at home that I need to be there at 6:00.

staggalee83 said:
If a celeb sneezes ..............................It's national news.

If ya'll told me someone spit in OPRAH's face because she was black, Then I would be upset.

But I can't get worked up over some billionare that got mad because they could not go shopping after a store closed .......INFLUENCE or NOT/ BLACK or WHITE.

If the store was still open ................then you have a case. Everybody ain't impressed or live day to day by what OPRAH do. That person is probably HOPING they fire her.

CAN you say a whole lot of $$$$$$$$$$$ for getting fired over doing your job?
Please fire me ........................... Lawsuit on the store and a PR nightmare for DIVA.

Getting someone fired because you couldn't go shopping.:lol:

Co-sign...Very well put.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
staggalee83 said:
Oh wow ............what a shock.
This is the same woman that made her jury duty seem like she discovered a cure for cancer. :xeye:

BUT ...........Make that dollar O.
I wonder if all this fuss would have been made if 50 cent showed up after hours wanting to by $100,000 worth of bling bling. :hat:

50 cent is a nickel in that money world. The answer is no, he does not have the love and media power of an O.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ain't gonna let you get by with that.

RICH is RICH.......CELEB's is CELEB's........the way ya'll put it.
50 got millions .........................HE CAN SHOP THERE.

Those sales people would get the same commission on 50's $100,000 spree as they would OPRAH's.

It's amazing how ya'll can flip the script just by who's being talked about. :lol:

It's ok for a BLACK MAN not to get in after hours but don't let MRS. OPRAH in and the world stops turning. :lol: :lol:

I umm work for lil' ole Ruby Tuesday and if Governor Blanco came to Ruby Tuesday at 10:15 and we closed but just cleaning up for the day and she wanted to get take home dinner for her and her family...I would cook the food my damn self...because NEGATIVE publicity is never good no matter how affluent an establishment you are. We could say no to her and all the government workers who usually frequent our location could take their business to applebees or bennigans, etc...

Just common business since...but what do I know??

staggalee83 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ain't gonna let you get by with that.

RICH is RICH.......CELEB's is CELEB's........the way ya'll put it.
50 got millions .........................HE CAN SHOP THERE.

Those sales people would get the same commission on 50's $100,000 spree as they would OPRAH's.

It's amazing how ya'll can flip the script just by who's being talked about. :lol:

It's ok for a BLACK MAN not to get in after hours but don't let MRS. OPRAH in and the world stops turning. :lol: :lol:

You can shop there and so can I, but thats not the point. They wont let us in after hours.

Is it just me or does anybody else ever notice how quick we are to believe the people who are perpetrating the act story as oppose to the victim?

Phugg they had film on the Rodney King beating too and they still say they didn't do it.

All I know is this... If I would have saw Oprah coming, the first thing I would have thought was I'm about make my commission for the year... Somebody come unlock this dang door.

GRAM4LIFE said:
All I know is this... If I would have saw Oprah coming, the first thing I would have thought was I'm about make my commission for the year... Somebody come unlock this dang door.

What you really would have been saying was "OW, DAYUM, MY KNEE!" after you got clipped by me BEATING yo azz to the door! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back