New Grambling volleyball coach cuts the entire team (and then got cut by Grambling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the kids say it’s all cap. This is the volleyball coach’s line sister. She needs hold a press conference to apologize or explain her actions. That’s the only way to end this mess.

As I said a few posts above, this is self-inflicted. And I'm pretty sure sooner or later, AKA might give them a call to cut back on the tomfoolery and bringing bad light to them

Anybody got that picture with coach smoking weed. I wanted to see something. She had something going on and Inwanted to see if it nice.

I mean, no one batted an eye when Deion overturned the roster when he took over, or Dooley is doing at Southern ...

I'm confused.
Oh no… They in charge. Told the coach they wasn’t sitting the bench or trying out. If one kid go, we all go. Where they do that at? Let me turn off my DMs. Right now! lol

Isn't roster turnover EXPECTED when a new coach comes in?

It may be expected but when you cut a entire team before even having practices

Keep asking common sense questions and they gonna sic they momma on you. Don’t check your DMs.

You know who you sound like making that kind of statement

I mean, no one batted an eye when Deion overturned the roster when he took over, or Dooley is doing at Southern ...

I'm confused.

Neither cut the entire squad when they took over...

I'm just lost through all of the think pieces that have battered my Facebook and other social media.

Although it's a cold thing to presumably let everyone go ... no one expected the inverse when the move towards increased player freedom would result in this. Is that not too far fetched to think?

We've seen massive overhauls in all sports. Is this a unique deal, or is it a sign of things to come as we move forward.

No one did a FOIA/Open records request for the coach's/ADs/SIDs emails on the subject yet?

Also, the tweet with the pic of the coach allegedly smoking weed. If it's proven that she wasn't when that image was taken ... that can be considered defamation (false light) and she can sue.

Not trying to kick up dust. Just want to sift through the feelings and get down to the facts. Thanks for helping a brotha out.

Last edited:
It may be expected but when you cut a entire team before even having practices

You know who you sound like making that kind of statement

Neither cut the entire squad when they took over...
They had “practice.”
They even said that.
You gotta keep up.

The title of the thread explains why this is still a topic so using the "turnover is expected" line is just a bad faith argument. She cut the whole team (who went 8-8 the previous year) to bring in the entire team from another D1 school

No football coach is cutting 85 players. Ever. Hell it's rare for it to even happen in basketball. The LSU players voluntarily hit the portal. These Grambling players were thrown into it and Grambling alums are making sure they stay there by throwing their luggage in with em

Isn't roster turnover EXPECTED when a new coach comes in?
I don’t think it’s an issue to cut the team. My issue is her lack of compassion and the allegations of her behavior at UAPB, Alcorn, and when she coached high school.

I know some folks will complain if they aren’t getting their way with a coach and a typical response is that this generation is soft. But these allegations seems consistent.

If they had practice, they breaking the rules...
Ice Cube No GIF

All sports have designated times that they can have practice for off season activities.

In sports other than football, outside of the playing season during the academic year, only a student-athlete's participation in weight training, conditioning shall be permitted

If they had practice, they breaking the rules...
Hence the quotes. Make your argument though. Did she breaks the rules by having them do drills and run or did she cut them before seeing them play? Cannot be both.

Keep on digging though. You will be very surprised what you find when all the bones get unburied. Conspiring leaves paper trails.

Those sports don't have unlimited time for off season practices, they have a set period.
Just like volleyball...If its anything like baseball we had a certain amount of time we could do four-on-ones with coaches, certain amount of time with S&C and a certain amount of time as a full team. So basically, they could've practiced and it not be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back