NCAA Football 2004

Yep..it's out! Was at NorthPark Mall early this morning with my brother to get his pre-ordered copy. Line hanging out of the store. Saw one of my church members, he said he took off work! Amazing. Grown men hooked to a game...feel sorry for my sister-in-law and niece. :p

:D Just a Female's Perspective

Originally posted by Suge
Hold the fugg up JST. Don't sit here andtalk like you were bashing my head in. You won the tie breaker, on that lame arse 2 point conversion. I thought you were going to run so I ran an all out blitz. I will be ready next time!!!
pot........ kettle......... :rolleyes:

All WAL MARTS have the game today... it was released Tuesday July 15th at all Wal marts.

I got the game this morning and played for about 2 hours at my lunch break. I am runing a dynasty with ND!!

So far the changes are great. There are actually some sacks and pancake blocks by linemmen. The punt return is actually a return. You can see the wall setting up.

The commentators are similar, but they have a few more phrases and things to say. And they don't keep saying "Just run the football" after every pass you throw in the 4th qtr. when you are up by 21 or more.

The graphics are improved, and I love the Sports Illustrated covers. I'll have more tomorrow after I finish a season and get to my favorite part of the game, the recruiting!!

Oh yeah 8 diiferent TD celebrations, but you will get called for a unsportsmanlike penalty!!

I got the game this morning and played for about 2 hours at my lunch break. I am runing a dynasty with ND!!

So far the changes are great. There are actually some sacks and pancake blocks by linemmen. The punt return is actually a return. You can see the wall setting up.

The commentators are similar, but they have a few more phrases and things to say. And they don't keep saying "Just run the football" after every pass you throw in the 4th qtr. when you are up by 21 or more.

The graphics are improved, and I love the Sports Illustrated covers. I'll have more tomorrow after I finish a season and get to my favorite part of the game, the recruiting!!

Oh yeah 8 diiferent TD celebrations, but you will get called for a unsportsmanlike penalty!!

all the D1AA's have the same stadium :( :( :(

Would it be too much trouble to post a roster for me? If so, how about certain players? I'm curious as to what # they have at certain positions for the Jags.

I am totally pissed off at EA Sports. The game is tight. But I cannot believe how they did Jackson State (and other SWAC schools as well.)

The rosters are horrible (again). They have several seniors from last year's team still on the dayum game.... including two that are in the NFL right now! :smh:

There are some receivers on there whom I've never ever heard of, yet 2 of our top 4 receivers are missing. But at the same time, WR Micheal Goss, who spent last year playing professional BASEBALL is still on the dayum game. :eek:

Do these people bother checking these schools rosters/stats for the following year's version of the game? I mean... why is Johnny Neal still kicking FG's for us? :smh: I know we're the SWAC and all, but is it that dayum hard to update the ish???

Also, I noticed that Bruce Eugene has a rating of 58. That is absurd. He had the same rating on NCAA 2003 for cryin' out loud. He was unproven as a starter going into that season, so a 58 may be justifiable. But the dude put up historical numbers last season, so how in the "L" can he still have a 58? :smh:

I'm no Grambling fan, but I just don't damn get it!

Originally posted by Venom Skywalker
Can't play with 1-AA teams online.

THATS BOGUS!!! I hope you playin'. I-AA teams always get the short end of the stick. I hope they let you play dynasty mode using the SWAC conference this year. Last year, I had to boot all the teams from Conference USA and include all the SWAC teams.

Originally posted by Prodigy
The rosters are horrible (again). They have several seniors from last year's team still on the dayum game.... including two that are in the NFL right now! :smh:

There are some receivers on their whom I've never ever heard of, yet 2 of our top 4 receivers are missing.

:smh:

The little people gets no justice.

And ANOTHER THING!!!!

John Flen played at Tuskegee last season. Why is he still our #2 QB?

And why is our #3 QB some CORNERBACK, yet Brian Green, who actually took some snaps last year, not even on the game???

_ _ _ !!!

What the hell do you want me top explain Beans? You act as if I work for EA or something....

Well I am not surprised about the 1-AA aspects of the game. I think that many of you overlook the fact that the only people who care about 1-AA football are 1-AA football fans. I agree that at the least they could get the rosters correct, and not have generic stadiums for all teams, but outside of that, they were not going to spend too much time trying to perfect the I-AA teams. I say just create your school, and put them in 1-A and get your roll on.

Now I am starting to not like the defense on the computer. They play nothing but zone. Only the underneath passes are there. But now you can run crossing routes, catch the ball on the move, then turn up field and get some blocks and break one...couldn't do that on the last game.

Also when you break away, you are gone. No super running lineman or LB will run you down, and if they have slow safeties, you can over run the angles.

The recruiting function hasn't changed that much, just the aspect of your program that you want to pitch. I won a National title, went 12-1(lost in week 3 to #4 Michigan). Then had a #1 recruiting class come in on year two. I have freshman starting all over the place. 5 on offense and 6 on defense, including my QB, CB, and both outside backers.

Man to Man defense will get you killed. It is hard to cover all the crossing routes.......but hey it is just day one.

I have returned a kick and a punt for TD's. Something I never did on the old game on any level higher than Varsity.

Blitzes work well.

That play action function is a mug. The way the screen makes you think the RB really has the ball is great. I have been fooled more than once. That is going to be a great function when playing others, unless they are on a blitz, then its your arse.

Roll out cam is cool too.....

What the hell do you want me top explain Beans? You act as if I work for EA or something....

What? You dont have pull with the EA Sports guys? Jusk kiddin, but I would at least want to kick your butt online too.

I've been playing the season on All America n until I can get a grasp of the game.

I have plyed my created school on Heisman level. I have only played about 5 games that way. I barely won all 5 games......

Can someone tell me what logo is on the TSU helmet? Last year we changed the logo from the triangle tiger to the paw (tiger) and on the game they still had the old logo.
I sure hope they have maroon tops and grey pants.

I've been playing the season on All America n until I can get a grasp of the game.

If you play a RANKED game online....they force you to play on the All American level @ 5 mins (I swear 5 min qts on this game takes an hour to get through)

Back