Men's Basketball Too Early SWAC Rosters/Predictions

Mo's team at bama state was all offense (run and gun). Tyler Adams, the new assistant from Alcorn we just picked up, will be handling defensive duties. Not sure who he had handling that at bama state. Talent wise he will have some of the best players in the conference.

Last edited:

THEE Added/ brought back
1. PG - Chase Adams - 5'7
1. PG - Keionte Cornelius - 6'0
1. PG - Keiveon Hunt - 5'10 - Dandy Dozen
2. G - Tae'lyr Gatlin - 6'3
2. G - Coltie Young - 6'3 - Dandy Dozen
2. G - Gabe Watson - 6'2 - Dandy Dozen
3. G - Avaughn Johnson - 6'5
3. G - Jayme Mitchell - 6'5
3. G - Malachi Wideman 4⭐ - 6'5
3. G - Ken Evans Jr- 6'5 - Dandy Dozen
4. F - Zeke Cook - 6'6
4. F - Trace Young - 3⭐️- 6'8
4. F - JaMarcus Jones - 6'7
5. C - Romelle Mansel - 3⭐️ 6'9
5. C - Jaylon McDaniel - 3⭐️ - 6'9
5. C - Treyon Johnson - 6'11
Trace will be All SWAC for y'all. He can play 1-5 if needed.

It's good to see this list. BCU is excited about their basketball program. Basketball in the SWAC sucked last year so TBH, I think the SWAC is wide open enough for a team to jump from 10th to 1st with the right coach and talent. Look how sorry Alcorn was just 2-3 years ago.

Truth be told, I said entering the tournament, that if JSU could get past the first round, we would make the finals and possibly win it. The team we faced in the first round won it all and we gave them a better game than Alcorn.

Mo Williams! Just know Mo is NOT going to let Coach Prime and Coach Reed outshine him. It will be year one so I dont expect a miracle but it will be GREAT basketball in Jackson and dont be surprised to see our AD asking our fans to pack the AAC! Mo is HOME. That BAMA State just was just something to do. By year two, look for Mo to start making some major moves on the recruiting trail!

I think we will be ok this year. We FINALLY have a basketball coach who has won at every level… high school, juco, college, NBA, internatonal… with some key pickups

I wonder if the SWAC is going to add more teams to the conference tournament. I could see them raising it from 8 to 10 with the top 6 teams automatically advancing to Birmingham and 7-10 going through a play-in round with the lowest remaining seeds playing the highest.

I wonder if the SWAC is going to add more teams to the conference tournament. I could see them raising it from 8 to 10 with the top 6 teams automatically advancing to Birmingham and 7-10 going through a play-in round with the lowest remaining seeds playing the highest.
I like this….

The biggest problem I have with the SWAC schools is our out of conference. Hopefully with more big games within the conference. Hoops squads can play more competitive non conference schedules. I believe couple of SWAC games drew over 5k fans. I know both GSU vs Southern games did. I know TSU vs PV does every year. That TSU vs PV game is the biggest college basketball game in Houston every year.

The biggest problem I have with the SWAC schools is our out of conference. Hopefully with more big games within the conference. Hoops squads can play more competitive non conference schedules. I believe couple of SWAC games drew over 5k fans. I know both GSU vs Southern games did. I know TSU vs PV does every year. That TSU vs PV game is the biggest college basketball game in Houston every year.

The problem isn't OOC games because TxSU, Valley and a few more SWAC schools play strong OOC schedules. The problem is that our teams are either 0-14 going into conference play or that you got schools play 2-3 sub D-1 teams in OOC play which kills your SOS. We need to do smart scheduling like the MEAC does with a balance of money games and regional play (for which there are plenty of D1 schools within this region to minimize travel (although I know Valley will be playing in Hawaii but in a round robin tourney against 3 mid-majors)

The problem isn't OOC games because TxSU, Valley and a few more SWAC schools play strong OOC schedules. The problem is that our teams are either 0-14 going into conference play or that you got schools play 2-3 sub D-1 teams in OOC play which kills your SOS. We need to do smart scheduling like the MEAC does with a balance of money games and regional play (for which there are plenty of D1 schools within this region to minimize travel (although I know Valley will be playing in Hawaii but in a round robin tourney against 3 mid-majors)

It has been hard for TSU to get regional matchups the last few years.

Back