Maroon and White Papers (Summer Edition Porch Monkeys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyDog

Subject: Porch Monkeys

From the explanation given by MM the Dawgpound really got to him. He came back fighting mad (angry). Prior to responding to his post a few week ago I looked up his profile and it was empty.

I feel for the young man because he is full of hate and don't care about no one but himself. He has no intentions of ever attending a SWAC Reunion, but will continue to sit behind his computer and tell us how smart he is.

I respect his right to say anything he wants, but I guess the Dawgpound does hit often and fast. I can remember when no one would even talk to the DP, but things changed.

GR, the great one was called on out of respect because of the love that has been established over the years. However, one must have depth to smack as GR explained prior to MM coming on the board.

Therefore, if MM knew anything about Alabama, using the Bear to make a point will never win any laughs. Bear coached at the UA and during his tenure folks around here supported Eddie Robinson. They had the Bear we had Eddie and Crews as role models in the coaching ranks.

As MM gain more experience his behavior will change. We cannot change his attitude but we sure can change his behavior with a 32 oz of WA. I cannot wait to meet him because he is such a bright fellow who does not need anyone or anything.

I have been called worst than a Porch Monkey, but to me as long as you MM understand why you use the term then continue to use it. But when you use it leave the Bear out of it because he is not one of our heros.

Please explain why you chose to use the term Porch Monkey? You said the DP made you mad, but help me understand.

Maybe when MM comes to Huntsville, we can share a Bud or two.

Mighty Dog
Editor-In-Chief
Maroon and White Papers

Mighty Dog,

If you want I will say a prayer for MM. I will pray that he is shown the error in his ways and that his heart will not be so bitter......,

When i was younger, someone once called me a "skinny, nappy headed, jive turkey."

I found that term very offensive.

Not because i wasn't skinny (which I was) or because my head wasn't nappy (which it was), but rather because for the life of me I just could never figure out what a "jive turkey" was?

Is that some type of unscruplous, conniving form of poultry?

I thought this post was dedicated to certain posters on mf.com. LOL Obviously, I was wrong (again).

I expect MM's retort. Good obso MD!

Good thread MD.

Now, will someone answer my question please......what the heck are the rules of smacking?:rolleyes:

MD is showing his wise-ness

Sensi,

See what happens when you stay away from the board too long ??

[snicker]

MD
In all honesty, I don't find his posts anymore derogatory or offensive than the stuff Strawdog post. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but go back and read MM's posts and then read Straw's.

MD, that was sensible.

MD my "BAMA brother", since you approached me with an ounce of logic I will respond respectfully. I know the state of Alabama extremely well. I have traveled the whole state since 1987 and the porch monkey logic that I saw was astounding. I've seen a many of BAMA negroes with war eagles on their trucks, Tide Detergent on their cars, and toilet paper rolls on their cars(roll tide). I even witnessed the BAMA negroes curl their noses up when I would discuss Black College football in the same breath with Alabama or Auburn. In Mississippi since we have produced Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, and Steve McNair I suppose I don't encounter the same amount of disrespect.

In Florence, AL I even encountered a negro that argued with me about the fact that Walter Payton went to a HBCU. Then he surprisingly asked why anyone would go to a black college, cuz they are nothing but party schools. In Huntsville, AL I was surprised by the fact that many negroes would attend UAH for the white mans degree, because the white man did not respect an AAMU degree. Birmingham was a little more favorable of an experience, there have been many natives of Birmingham that attended JSU. But neighboring Tuscaloosa was full of black UA students who stated that the only worthwhile contributions HBCU's had was the band and football games. I witnessed this years ago when JSU used to play at Legion Field for our season opener.

Now the worst experience I encountered was the SWACPAGE. I saw the BAMA negroes bash the Great State of Mississippi. MS is a state where a HBCU is valued by negroes. The negro athlete is put on the same level as an ole piss negro or a MSU negro. But a dawgpound negro felt as if a top notch HBCU athlete would be completely ignorant for attending such an institution. The BAMA negro also used colonel reb in an attempt to smack JSU. The BAMA negro also used a buck eyed sambo looking negro to represent our institution. Then the BAMA negro attempted to smack JSU regarding a rebel flag vote that was out of the control of my institution.

From those observations I have concluded that the BAMA negro feels as if the white mans ice is colder. Therefore he has been reduced to Porch Monkey Logic.

Re: MD, that was sensible.

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
MD my "BAMA brother", since you approached me with an ounce of logic I will respond respectfully. I know the state of Alabama extremely well. I have traveled the whole state since 1987 and the porch monkey logic that I saw was astounding. I've seen a many of BAMA negroes with war eagles on their trucks, Tide Detergent on their cars, and toilet paper rolls on their cars(roll tide). I even witnessed the BAMA negroes curl their noses up when I would discuss Black College football in the same breath with Alabama or Auburn. In Mississippi since we have produced Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, and Steve McNair I suppose I don't encounter the same amount of disrespect.

In Florence, AL I even encountered a negro that argued with me about the fact that Walter Payton went to a HBCU. Then he surprisingly asked why anyone would go to a black college, cuz they are nothing but party schools. In Huntsville, AL I was surprised by the fact that many negroes would attend UAH for the white mans degree, because the white man did not respect an AAMU degree. Birmingham was a little more favorable of an experience, there have been many natives of Birmingham that attended JSU. But neighboring Tuscaloosa was full of black UA students who stated that the only worthwhile contributions HBCU's had was the band and football games. I witnessed this years ago when JSU used to play at Legion Field for our season opener.

Now the worst experience I encountered was the SWACPAGE. I saw the BAMA negroes bash the Great State of Mississippi. MS is a state where a HBCU is valued by negroes. The negro athlete is put on the same level as an ole piss negro or a MSU negro. But a dawgpound negro felt as if a top notch HBCU athlete would be completely ignorant for attending such an institution. The BAMA negro also used colonel reb in an attempt to smack JSU. The BAMA negro also used a buck eyed sambo looking negro to represent our institution. Then the BAMA negro attempted to smack JSU regarding a rebel flag vote that was out of the control of my institution.

From those observations I have concluded that the BAMA negro feels as if the white mans ice is colder. Therefore he has been reduced to Porch Monkey Logic.

MM, no smack intended, but you got some serious issues if you really feel this way. If you put this post in another forum (Round Table Discussion) maybe you will get more logical responses Later.................,

But why do you have to refer to your own people as "porch monkeys"? For some reason that just makes me think back to Adolf Hitler and the Third Riech movement.

I personally think that term is as offensive as calling somebody a "nappy headed , jive turkey."

Mr. Matriculation,

And I suppose everything is just wonderful in Mississippi. I suppose that the people in Oxford, Hattiesburg, Starkville, and all the other one-light towns in Mississsippi just LOVE JSU. I suppose that the black students who go to the white schools in Mississippi don't turn their noses down at JSU, like the ones at Auburn do regarding ASU and A&M. Their ignorance is indeed sad. Their opinions matter not, but you seem to give some value to them.

You're giving the impression that Mississippi dont have problems. Like Mississippi's HBCUs dont fight the same battles that Alabama's do. Bruh, your whole logic is flawed.

We, as in HBCUs, especially state-funded ones, are in the same boat. I'm not foolish enough to think Mr. Whitey gives a rat's ass about my alma mater. I certainly hope you don't have yourself fooled into thinking that he cares about yours.

Whether you wanna believe it or not, our HBCUs are way more alike than different.

And on the porch monkey crap, give it a rest bruh. Demeaning, derogatory comments aint funny. Actually, its sad that a college educated brother would resort to this, considering these very demeaning names were hurled at our parents/grandparents. Imagine if a person registered on TSPN, identified himself as white, and proceeded to (in ALL of his post) label all of us as "porch monkeys". Would you condone that? Would that be funny to you? Trust me, your use of it is actually worse, seeing that you are a brotha.

Thats why I have always said that we should keep the smack about sports.

Where is ole TP when you need him? Maybe he can come here and post one of his outrageous comments about what jsue should have done, is doing, or will do at some point in the future. So, we can get back to SPORTS!!!!!!

btw, jsue is tied for 1st place now. Yall need to enjoy that while you can!
:p :p

on the contrary

MM, no smack intended, but you got some serious issues if you really feel this way. If you put this post in another forum (Round Table Discussion) maybe you will get more logical responses Later.................,

Bulldog in all honesty you are the one with issues if you think some racial smack is acceptable and other racial smack is not. Like I said in another post I can smack back, call you a name and it's all good. But yall crying. MD wanted to know why I used Porch Monkey and I told him why. It's simple as that with me.

Blue Bengal.....there is some clarification needed??

]Originally posted by Blue Bengal
MD
In all honesty, I don't find his posts anymore derogatory or offensive than the stuff Strawdog post. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but go back and read MM's posts and then read Straw's.

Blue Bengal....
If you would show the post or remind me of one where I have called you or anyone a 'porch monkey' or any related term. LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY AND START TWISTING THE TRUTH AND LYING OUTRIGHT BECAUSE WE (OR OUR SCHOOL) HAVE BEEN SMACKED ON THIS BOARD!!

There are things passed across this board that we have ALL said but NEVER have I called you or anyone else on this board the litany of 'names' we have all heard in our lifetime.

You should get your facts straight and discontinue your reliance on what you heard or think that you read.

If you have an issue with me or anyone in THE DAWGPOUND, then you need to step forward with it. While you were here in Huntsville you never said one word to me although we both worked for the same Company. When you came to the Monday night get together at TGI Friday's, I had to remind you on this board that it was OK to speak when you came around the DAWGPOUND. I do not know what your intentions are coming on the board with this isht.

What I know

A lot of Black students at Ole Miss. and Miss. St. could give a damn about JSU, MVSU, Alcorn, Tougaloo, and Rust! They will cuss yo a** out if you ask them why they didn't go to one of the HBCUs!
It swings both ways, you better recognize before your feelings get hurt in life!
And it's the same with those who go to UF and FSU!
I'm not talking about what somebody told me!

Mr. Martriculation,

What you are failing to understand is......................I don't want to have to break it down, but here we go. "Porch Monkey" is a derogatory racial slur even if you agree or not. So is the word "n****r". Now some blacks often use the term "*****" when refering to one another. Other black folks can't even stand to have the word come out of their mouths. But still we will use the n-word when refering to someone. For example:
"What's up my *****" or "Can a ***** get a break"

Now when this term is used, it is not meant in a derogatory manner. Some blacks use it as in a way as to show relationship between each other like an organization. Ex.:

"I'll die for that *****" or "these are my *****s"

This word is not to be used by someone outside this organization, for instance like a caucasion or other ethnicity. We will take offense to that quick because they are not us. Get my drift? Now this word can be very offensive even if it is used by an African-American. Once you call someone out their name and insult them as a "*****", it becomes offensive. Ex.:

"You all ain't nothing but a bunch of ignorant, lazy *****s"

Now this would be offensive even if a brother used it on another brother. Wouldn't you agree?

Now people on here have told you that at first they didn't care that you used it. It was just a term you chose to use for laughs and to add venom to your strike. Over time, you continuously used it against other Black persons on this page, and they told you that it was starting to get ridiculous. That's why I made my comparison of you to the guy in the Spike Lee movie, "Get On the Bus". Porch Monkey is not a term that is used to associate yourself with a fellow member of your organization. Neither is the n-word, but that's because of ignorance that has been placed on us by whites that we choose to keep degrading ourselves by. Now to call someone out as a "porch monkey" is not only degrading them, but yourself.

Now I said I didn't want to go off in this subject, but it seemed as if you weren't getting the point. You can continue to use the word all you want, but someone will complain about it to Kenn after a while, and it just shows ignorance on your part when you're supposed to be a college educated black man.

I MAKE A MOTION

I move that this thread be closed and no longer discussed. In addition, we all agree not to use the term "porch monkey" anymore in our smacking!

Can I get a second with followup votes?

Straw
My point exactly. I never said you called anyone a porch money, but you have posted some crazy stuff. What's the difference between using terms as porch money or sharecropper when they are used to bring down our people in smack? As for me seeing no difference in your post, I speak of the anger your post appear to carry.

One more thing, why does everything with you have to be personal? Go back and read the tone of some of your post on the smack board. You are a lot calmer on the small talk board.

I agree MikeBigg. Do you see how all the fun got taken out of smaking. But I'll let him use any word he chooses just as anybody else on this board. I don't think it's a problem with people being too sensitive, but rather them being conscious on the matter.

Mr. Swac

Mr. Swac these slaw BAMA boys have said a WHOLE lot of derogatory racial terms so I don't wanna hear that. That slave planation confederate flag smack has been on the board for months so i don't wanna hear that bull your speaking. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If you say i'm paying rent to a slave owner for a stadium your a porch monkey. If you say my school is responsable for the flag vote your a porch monkey. You get my drift. It's a 2-way street.

This is stupid kid! Seriously, every school in this conference has some type of reminder about where negroes were in the past. Old homes, monuments, FLAGS, etc. The fact I think everyone is trying to convey to a "smart" cookie like yourself is that we are reminded of that stuff everyday by the outside races and history. We don't need some "hometeam" member putting that crap on some of his own!

However, if you want to continue, do me a favor. Take that W.E.B. Dubois Honors Dorm stuff off of your profile. First, you are making other black honors students look bad. Second, if you knew anything about Dubois, you would know that he would punch the ish out of you for saying some dumb ish like that to one of your own.

Your attack on Bama is more vicious because you are going after people specifically. Who cares about the stadium having that flag over it? It don't mean crap to me because I don't respect it. I remember, but never respect. Hell, my school sits on an old slave plantation.

Re: Mr. Swac

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
Mr. Swac these slaw BAMA boys have said a WHOLE lot of derogatory racial terms so I don't wanna hear that. That slave planation confederate flag smack has been on the board for months so i don't wanna hear that bull your speaking. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If you say i'm paying rent to a slave owner for a stadium your a porch monkey. If you say my school is responsable for the flag vote your a porch monkey. You get my drift. It's a 2-way street.

Moteasuh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blue Bengal
Straw
What's the difference between using terms as porch money or sharecropper when they are used to bring down our people in smack? As for me seeing no difference in your post, I speak of the anger your post appear to carry.

Does anybody acknowledge this or Is MM the first one that has posted something deemed "offensive"?

The difference between what MM said and what you guys have been saying for 2 years is, we didnt cry and moan about it. We didnt run to Kenn crying for relief and asking for someone to be censored.

Since most of you guys have recently become "pro black," I would like to see all questionable language and references deleted from the board. That should be a resolution presented to Kenn for consideration.

Of course this includes all of the confederate references and whatever crap you guys try to lay at the feet of Mississippi. Im sure you guys dont want that since its all you have.

Last year before Grambling beat JSU (questionably), all the Cartel had was the confederate flag since JSU had been rapping Grambling for the previous 4 years on the field. They ran it as much as possible. I dont recall this outcry by the Mafia or any other of you recent black revolutionist with the thin sensitive skin.

Now that the DP has nothing to say to JSU since they cant beat us on the field, all they do is make "anti black" comments against Mississippi. But as soon as somebody says something to you that you dont like, you make a big piss about it.

Life is so unfair, but real men deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back