No you weren't...

Our problem at the end of the season is that we didn't have Ivy and we really didn't have a back up because his primary back up was injured in a car crash in the off season. We would have beat AAMU, BAMA State and Alcorn with Ivy. Even with you all, we played a QB who is doing so bad in Spring right now, that he is looking at 5th string by fall camp. If we had any offense, we could have made that game interesting. We still would have lost.. lol .. but we would have made more of a game of it.

The first half was our main problem because we didn't have any offense and even with all of our fuk ups, you were only up 21-7. Halftime could have easily been 14-14. The defense played VERY well and PHYSICAL in the first half but when you all went up 28-7, the team just got deflated because they knew we didn't have the offense/QB to keep pace. I think we have a staff who will put 3 serviceable QBs on the field this year with Ivy, Lyles, and Williams... and even our freshman sensation if one of those can't cut it. The offense will look totally different anyway which will also help out the QBs. The defense will hold it's own with anyone when it comes to being physical but the offense is going to have to come to life ...and at JSU, we are known to do offense pretty well and we have an OC who knows how to put up points.

In other words, SEE YOU AT HOMECOMING

PV might win but if you think it's gonna be like last year.... think again.

We were physical by the end of the year ..it was just a slow transition from OMJ who didn't want the team to be physical at all. This year, we will be very tough.. and hopefully well coached.

What you are terming as "being physical" is what we fans saw as "ridiculously undisciplined play." The "being physical" [unintelligent football play] is what caused 2 of your guys to get tossed from the game permanently and another 3 drew penalties for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and were bordering being tossed permanently as well. But, it was the last game so who cares, right? smh

Be real man. Be real.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What you are terming as "being physical" is what we fans saw as "ridiculously undisciplined play." The "being physical" [unintelligent football play] is what caused 2 of your guys to get tossed from the game permanently and another 3 drew penalties for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and were bordering being tossed permanently as well. But, it was the last game so who cares, right? smh

Be real man. Be real.

What you saw was frustration...
Also, some of those guys played under Comegy and he wanted them to play that way... lol He didn't mind a thug or two.
JSU is just a passionate and physical program. So you might still see some of that...

You can go here and see the game for yourself. Take your blue/white glasses off and just look. Turn the volume down and simply look.

Our problem at the end of the season is that we didn't have Ivy and we really didn't have a back up because his primary back up was injured in a car crash in the off season. We would have beat AAMU, BAMA State and Alcorn with Ivy. Even with you all, we played a QB who is doing so bad in Spring right now, that he is looking at 5th string by fall camp. If we had any offense, we could have made that game interesting. We still would have lost.. lol .. but we would have made more of a game of it.

The first half was our main problem because we didn't have any offense and even with all of our fuk ups, you were only up 21-7. Halftime could have easily been 14-14. The defense played VERY well and PHYSICAL in the first half but when you all went up 28-7, the team just got deflated because they knew we didn't have the offense/QB to keep pace. As few seconds later, you were up 35-7... GAME OVER! I think we have a staff who will put 3 serviceable QBs on the field this year with Ivy, Lyles, and Williams... and even our freshman sensation if one of those can't cut it. The offense will look totally different anyway which will also help out the QBs. The defense will hold it's own with anyone when it comes to being physical but the offense is going to have to come to life ...and at JSU, we are known to do offense pretty well and we have an OC who knows how to put up points.

In other words, SEE YOU AT HOMECOMING

PV might win but if you think it's gonna be like last year.... think again.

What you saw was frustration...
Also, some of those guys played under Comegy and he wanted them to play that way... lol He didn't mind a thug or two.
JSU is just a passionate and physical program. So you might still see some of that...

Having a "thug" or two on the squad contributing to the success of an adversary isn't very smart, imho. I think @ one point, there were 2 consecutive 15yd penalties for "thug" behavior. W/ a highly profitable offense like PV's last fall, why would one want to help them advance 30 yards towards another score? smh That's not smart ball, at all.

I would think it's prudent to have intelligent ball players who have a passion for smart play + smart physicality.

Having a "thug" or two on the squad contributing to the success of an adversary isn't very smart, imho. I think @ one point, there were 2 consecutive 15yd penalties for "thug" behavior. W/ a highly profitable offense like PV's last fall, why would one want to help them advance 30 yards towards another score? smh That's not smart ball, at all.

I would think it's prudent to have intelligent ball players who have a passion for smart play + smart physicality.

Someone from PV can't give someone from JSU football advice.

We gonna see how composed your team is once the JSU fans and teams gets to taunting them for taking that L back to Texas... lol

Someone from PV can't give someone from JSU football advice.

lol :D You're right. What was PV7 and I thinking. Afterall, we represent a program that was a historical loser.

Good luck to coach Hughes and staff as they continue to build. We're R-E-A-L-L-Y looking forward to JSU's homecoming game.

We gonna see how composed your team is once the JSU fans and teams gets to taunting them for taking that L back to Texas... lol

Taunting ~ undisciplined. lol

You do realize that taunting is a form of mental ineptitude, eh? lol I would hope coach Hughes brings in a few clinical psychologists to help w/ the obviously required mental therapy of some of those returning players. I'm not smacking. Just giving my professional observance :) .

lol :D You're right. What was PV7 and I thinking. Afterall, we represent a program that was a historical loser.

Good luck to coach Hughes and staff as they continue to build. We're R-E-A-L-L-Y looking forward to JSU's homecoming game.

You're a Loser azz school now tho

Says the school who's only won 6 SWAC games in two seasons... Were you looking in the mirror when you said this? Do you know what NOW means? ;)

Do you?!?!?!? Man what have y'all sorry azz done right now?!?!?!? any hardware? nope, you're a nobody azz school LMAO gtfoh you're not relevant as I type this, tell you what start a PVU spring football thread & see who post in that bih lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Do you?!?!?!? Man what have y'all sorry azz done right now?!?!?!? any hardware? nope, you're a nobody azz school LMAO gtfoh you're not relevant as I type this, tell you what start a PVU spring football thread & see who post in that bih lol

Again... right now?

You will always be a HISTORICAL loser. You just might be doing a little better right now but you still PV.

We were physical by the end of the year ..it was just a slow transition from OMJ who didn't want the team to be physical at all. This year, we will be very tough.. and hopefully well coached.

To be honest, I thought they were more physical in the beginning of the season. Them boys came out hitting against my G-Men, and even played Middle Tennessee State pretty tough in the early minutes of the game.

Back