You all are in your happy place right now. I get what you are saying and it's LOGICAL... but ya'll know dayum well, that anything other than IMMEDIATE is going to put JSU fans in cray cray mode.
Well those fans might just be crazy any way. LOL. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and respecting a different result each time. I'm taking a different approach....just be patient and donate when I can.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Teaching, learning paramount for Jackson State
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ng-learning-paramount-jackson-state/82425496/

Despite having to grasp another scheme, the new staff has also shown Jones a thing or two so far during JSU's spring practices;

"There's more teaching involved," the Tigers defensive end said. "We're learning a lot more. I know I've learned a lot more in the past couple of weeks ... (I) actually know why I'm doing this and why I should do this in a certain situation, which helps overall because we're actually learning the game of football."

Unbeknownst to him, Jones, who was a first-team All-SWAC selection in 2015, said he's been tackling incorrectly his whole football career and didn't know he needed to fix his head placement until this spring. Jones also noted that there's more organization at practice.

Yea everything is sounding pretty good and it seems like we have a pretty decent staff so far but I won't get my hopes up until I see the product on the field come September.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not trying to get all hype but I think we'll be much more physical as a team.

It's ok to be hype after 2 horrible seasons lol. I think we will be a much improved football team. It's always a good thing to hear Seniors talk about how much they've learn in just a week + of practice especially the caliber of a player like JJ. I think the offense will be fine. Looking forward to hearing from Hendricks about the defense.

Wow! Was that Ivy showing us his new found QB slide at the 2:13 mark? If so that's definitely a positive all around! I think natural tendencies prevented him from subjecting his surgically repaired ankle to the stress of sliding last season. It is a good sign to see his confidence building. Also, I like how our RB #35 ran the ball in a couple of those snippets. He seems to possess both speed and power!

Good stuff, but always shoot horizontal

18mj3fuybk72mjpg.jpg

That's a great thing for JSU. I expect a much more physical football team this season.

We were physical by the end of the year ..it was just a slow transition from OMJ who didn't want the team to be physical at all. This year, we will be very tough.. and hopefully well coached.

Back