It really does not take that long in the SWAC. It took Alcorn 3 years because they started with NOTHING in the talent department. I don't see but 1-2 teams in the SWAC really having more talent than us. . Granted, it would take a miracle for us to win the SWAC this year but he needs to win 7 games. That's about all the honeymoon he will get in Jackson. ..and you know it.. LOL

So you saying we can win the SWAC with a redshirt freshman qb in 2017 ? Nah now 2018 Adams will be a RS Soph. and experience defense that is more realistic...We are in the same boat Alcorn was back then we have a senior squad now and a ton of freshman thats it...Hughes will get his time to do what he gotta do...This old Jackson Right here Right now crap ended us with DumbBell and OMJ.....that way of thinking doesnt work....

We are 2-3 years away IMO from being good possible really good we dont have the defense right now and we still havent seen a consistent Ivy. and we have a young 3-Star qb Adams coming in the fall..2 or 3 years from now we will really see Hughes impact..I see he is in building mode....Hughes is a black man with a great plan..thats dangerous..

I see what he's building, DMJ. He's doing it the right way I see. Commitment. Character. Efficiency. Commitment lol. I totally understand. :)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The SWAC, as a whole, is more competitive than when Hopson came into Alcorn. But I do agree that any good coach at JSU should be in the driver's seat in the SWAC East in 3 years.

I believe this. Except :( smh... I don't know what happened to UAPB.

We'll have to be patient which we've never been good at lol. It is our turn to rebuild and do it the right way.... which will taje time. However, we can't just win two games this year. I see 2017 being our year that we do damage.

So you saying we can win the SWAC with a redshirt freshman qb in 2017 ? Nah now 2018 Adams will be a RS Soph. and experience defense that is more realistic...We are in the same boat Alcorn was back then we have a senior squad now and a ton of freshman thats it...Hughes will get his time to do what he gotta do...This old Jackson Right here Right now crap ended us with DumbBell and OMJ.....that way of thinking doesnt work....

Who says Adams will start in 2017? All Im saying is .. this is the SWAC. SU went from Stump one year to SWAC champs the next.
We are in better shape than the Alcorn team Hopson took over and much better shape than the GSU team Foobs took over. Alcorn had a decent Qb and nothing else... It's not that hard to rise in the SWAC. We have a good foundation. Even this year, I think we can pull together a first string in the SWAC that is top 3.

We'll have to be patient which we've never been good at lol. It is our turn to rebuild and do it the right way.... which will taje time. However, we can't just win two games this year. I see 2017 being our year that we do damage.

Exactly.. these negros talkin about 2-3 years.. Wait ti December. They gonna want Hughes fired if we come in 3rd in the EAST... lol

Bewildered,

You can understand all you want .. and I have NO problem with him building from ground up.. BUT he better made steady and visible progress each year. Because, let me tell you this...

1.) Comegy took over from Bell and went 6-5 in 2006 .. Ok.. that was cool. We gave him a pass.
2.) Comegy won the SWAC his second year at JSU in 2007 and got an extension to his contract.
3.) These negros were in Bham in 2008 HOPING that NCA&T would hire Comegy and his band of misfits... lol

Im not lying at all. if Comegy didn't get that extension in 2007, he probably would have made it past 2008 but he would have been fired in 2009.

The SWAC, as a whole, is more competitive than when Hopson came into Alcorn. But I do agree that any good coach at JSU should be in the driver's seat in the SWAC East in 3 years.

You all are in your happy place right now. I get what you are saying and it's LOGICAL... but ya'll know dayum well, that anything other than IMMEDIATE is going to put JSU fans in cray cray mode.

Reactions: J C
Bewildered,

You can understand all you want .. and I have NO problem with him building from ground up.. BUT he better made steady and visible progress each year. Because, let me tell you this...

1.) Comegy took over from Bell and went 6-5 in 2006 .. Ok.. that was cool. We gave him a pass.
2.) Comegy won the SWAC his second year at JSU in 2007 and got an extension to his contract.
3.) These negros were in Bham in 2008 HOPING that NCA&T would hire Comegy and his band of misfits... lol

Im not lying at all. if Comegy didn't get that extension in 2007, he probably would have made it past 2008 but he would have been fired in 2009.

How can ANY entity attempt to build something solid when they attempt to build on rocky ground? How would PVAMU look building the current stadium on top of the old Blackshear? lol Seems to reason one has to tear down, clear out the old, and THEN put in a SOLID foundation before one can erect something great.

I see that occurring @ JSU (finally). I hope the alumni base is patient. It took years if not decades to get in this predicament. It stands to reason that it won't simply happen overnight, at out level, that one can dig themselves out of the same hole.

How can ANY entity attempt to build something solid when they attempt to build on rocky ground? How would PVAMU look building the current stadium on top of the old Blackshear? lol Seems to reason one has to tear down, clear out the old, and THEN put in a SOLID foundation before one can erect something great.

I see that occurring @ JSU (finally). I hope the alumni base is patient. It took years if not decades to get in this predicament. It stands to reason that it won't simply happen overnight, at out level, that one can dig themselves out of the same hole.

Bruh.. I agree. .. BUT if we don't do well this year, refer to this thread. LOL
If we don't get to Houston, next year, refer to this tread.
Patience is not a strong suit in Jacktown. That's all im saying.

You all are in your happy place right now. I get what you are saying and it's LOGICAL... but ya'll know dayum well, that anything other than IMMEDIATE is going to put JSU fans in cray cray mode

Uhmmm! What's this cray cray mode of which you speak??? LOL! I think I know what you mean but remember Hughes has already put us on notice with that 'talk to me at 5 am speech!' LOL!

Last edited:
lol@ the in-bickering. I think the word "unrealistic" wasn't properly conveyed. I'm thankful I didn't hear any PV folx saying "PV gonna' win the SWAC" as soon as coach Simmons was hired. I would've been like.... dude.... we've been losing CONSISTENTLY for well over 40+ years; do you ACTUALLY believe we can dig ourselves out of this hole in only one year? lol Mental retardation is real in the black community.

We are 2-3 years away IMO from being good possible really good we dont have the defense right now and we still havent seen a consistent Ivy. and we have a young 3-Star qb Adams coming in the fall..2 or 3 years from now we will really see Hughes impact..I see he is in building mode....Hughes is a black man with a great plan..thats dangerous..
Chad will get the QB right. That's his strength.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
lol@ the in-bickering. I think the word "unrealistic" wasn't properly conveyed. I'm thankful I didn't hear any PV folx saying "PV gonna' win the SWAC" as soon as coach Simmons was hired. I would've been like.... dude.... we've been losing CONSISTENTLY for well over 40+ years; do you ACTUALLY believe we can dig ourselves out of this hole in only one year? lol Mental retardation is real in the black community.

You can't say that because you are PV...and been to the championship game one time and not even close most years... lol

Jarin M is looking veeerrry solid right now. He's been very accurate and does a exceptional job getting the ball to the receiver quickly. Ivy is still a tad bit slow. He gets the ball and just holds it a bit to long. Chad has been on him to also not force the ball. Chad definently getting all the QBs on the same page.

Jarin M is looking veeerrry solid right now. He's been very accurate and does a exceptional job getting the ball to the receiver quickly. Ivy is still a tad bit slow. He gets the ball and just holds it a bit to long. Chad has been on him to also not force the ball. Chad definently getting all the QBs on the same page.
Still early in spring practice. Ivy does have the stronger arm but seems to me Jarin M is much more fundamentally sound. I expect Jarin M and Brent Lyles to push Ivy this season. The potential is there to be a 6-7 win team this season

6-7 wins?.. I will say this and then I am out.

We are not playing in the SEC West.lol.. I expect us to compete for the SWAC East this year.

If we don't I won't be calling for his head. I will understand.
Good point, we do return skilled players at key positions. 1877, who do you think is our biggest hurdle? Alabama State or Alcorn

Im disappointed Hughes hired Chad. That was a big fail on Hughes part.
But hopefully he will do enough to get us out of this conference.
Lets see how well he runs this spring camp

Back