Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensive end Avon Waters, offensive lineman Ivory Waters and offensive lineman Etienne Odino did not clear NCAA guidelines and will not be with the team.Safety Antonio Wardlow and cornerback Ricardo Kemp, Tennessee transfers who committed after signing day, also did not qualify academically.Jackson State is still awaiting final word on quarterback Dominick Britt and offensive lineman Luis McLeoud from the NCAA Clearinghouse. Both Britt and McLeoud checked in on Saturday.[/

:tup:

Of the 26 players signed on National Signing Day in February, 21 are set to play in good academic standing.

WR Rodney Gray checked in and looked ready to go.

Louisiana Tech transfers QB Michael Mosley and WR Brian Jackson are BIG kids. Mosley is 6-3, 225. Jackson is 6-4, 220. Hayes called Mosley a bigger version of Jimmy Oliver. Jackson just has that body you love in a wide receiver.

Lackawanna CC transfer RB Bloi-Dei Dorzan is ripped. His arms are absolutely huge. And he said he runs a 4.3 40. He also said he picked JSU over Memphis. He'll have every opportunity to start.

QB A.J. McKenna checked in.
:tup::tup:

Hey C you know 95 Players report and 80% of our freshmen. We knew who wasn't.

Now AJ on the other hand has 75 bodies and player quiting left and right. Handle that..

LOL! Was that supposed to be something negative that he posted? Don't worry about the few who didn't show up. Worry about the other 20+ that did make it. :nod:

It would have been nice to have the two OL come in to redshirt, but we did redshirt 3 last year and we still have 2 to 3 more coming in (some may play DL). The DE from Atl and the UT transfers are expendable.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hey C you know 95 Players report and 80% of our freshmen. We knew who wasn't.

Now AJ on the other hand has 75 bodies and player quiting left and right. Handle that..

Right!

Alabama A&Mnotebook
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Huntsville Times
Lack of defensive tackle depth a challenge

Eligibility problems have taken a toll on Alabama A&M's defensive tackle spot.

Four incoming freshmen were ruled academically ineligible and that has left the Bulldogs with only five tackles.

"We're extremely thin," said Ben Blacknall, who handles the defensive line. "We need at least four to play every game. Hopefully, we can stay healthy."

Senior Whitney Garrett and junior Renaldo Askew are currently running with the first team, while sophomores Frank Kearse and Marcus Powe, who are battling nagging injuries, are working with the second group. Redshirt sophomore Joey Howard is the fifth tackle. Anthony Lovell, a junior college transfer from Nassau Community College in Garden City, N.Y., is expected to be here next week.

Rest story

All Cee did was post the information, and then you jsue folks.....:smh::smh:

but I digress though.....

:snicker:

and who is/was the DE from Atl?

MH get gone with that. That article has been posted more than one so it was not new info..It was messy info.

And AJ hurting up in those Hills.

MH get gone with that. That article has been posted more than one so it was not new info..It was messy info.

And AJ hurting up in those Hills.

Oh, I see shaw,when JSU post stuff it's informative info. When other schools do it they are messy? :confused::smh::xeye: Losers ain't use to nothing. :scared:

Oh, I see shaw,when JSU post stuff it's informative info. When other schools do it they are messy? :confused::smh::xeye: Losers ain't use to nothing. :scared:

Cee just saying man post some articles in the AA&M notes. How many returning JSU players are not elible. That's the key. New guys you expect but guys who you were counting on not showing up and guys leaving the team send red flags up... Fast

I don't think we had enough scholarship slots for everybody if all those guys would have been eligible. Outside of the UT guys, only one of the incoming guys (the DE) was expected not to make it. The two OLinemen were shockers to me.

Dorzon is a little too undersized for my liking. I was hoping to see Denardo Smith get about 18 to 22 carries a game and use Dorzon as a change-of-pace back, but now one of the 3 true freshmen RB's will really have to step up and play.

Dorzan is 5'8 and goes about 200 - the same as Smith. And he's more explosive than Smith.

Dorzan is 5'8 and goes about 200 - the same as Smith. And he's more explosive than Smith.

That's good if he's really that size. I thought he was between 170-180, and you know how 5-8 always end up being 5-6. But 5-8, 200 ain't bad at all.

Jones cautioned A&M fans will have to be forgiving early on.

"This year is going to be a growing year for Kevin," Jones said. "Our fans are going to have to understand that and have a little patience with him. The kid hasn't played in a meaningful game in his career.

"The thing about Kevin is he's going to work extremely hard and put forth his absolute best and we're going to do the same."

So you are telling GR that the Dline that JSU ran for almost 300 yards on is going to be even weaker this year? Man this aint good. This aint good at all.

This is what happens when your only recruit 5 people while you are looking for another job. Only 2 of those players showed up. (thanks Hill)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Louisiana Tech transfers QB Michael Mosley and WR Brian Jackson are BIG kids. Mosley is 6-3, 225. Jackson is 6-4, 220. Hayes called Mosley a bigger version of Jimmy Oliver

Ooooops....that aint goooood for yaaalllll

I've been told that he's a good passer... Tech wanted to make him a wide receiver. I was told yall had him over there...he might end up being the starter.

Now why you got to say that? The other coalition folks are going to boot you out.

Now why you got to say that? The other coalition folks are going to boot you out.

MB, forgive him. He doesn't understand that SU and Grambling won't "coaliate" on nothing. Anyway, all he mentioned is what others have. We all know JSU has talent. Hell, most of us do this year, but JSU has had talent like this before and we have seen the results with those "talented" clubs. That's why we bust y'all so much.

It's just laughable when some of y'all think none of us have talent stockpiled.

That's just how they were raised... I've been around a long time. They've always been like that. :smh:

It's just laughable when some of y'all think none of us have talent stockpiled.

Yall don't. Not like us at least. I ain't seeing it. I gotta admit that Pete does a good job coaching up his guys in that gimmick offense, but your talent is questionable. And yes, I am aware that this is the Sportsboard. Yall spent all season dumping it off to the TB last year- two teams took it away and that was your season. Unbeknownst to most of you, we played last year without two of our top offensive weapons and without the heart and soul of our defense. And you see what the end result was. That, in itself, is a testament to our talent level. BTW, those guys are back this year and so are the players who we plugged into their spots. :tup:

Yall don't. Not like us at least. I ain't seeing it. I gotta admit that Pete does a good job coaching up his guys in that gimmick offense, but your talent is questionable. And yes, I am aware that this is the Sportsboard. Yall spent all season dumping it off to the TB last year- two teams took it away and that was your season. Unbeknownst to most of you, we played last year without two of our top offensive weapons and without the heart and soul of our defense. And you see what the end result was. That, in itself, is a testament to our talent level. BTW, those guys are back this year and so are the players who we plugged into their spots. :tup:

Which two teams took it away? And we didn't dump it out to the TB. We sent Coates down the field on your LBs. Same as the Saints do with Bush. It wasn't a dump pass. Coates was running routes out of the backfield. He caught a TD against JSU.....so I don't think it was taken away. We did not stop your RBs and that is what killed us. Haw and Giles dug into our arses.

We got behind AAMU and had to play catch up and just fell short in the 4th quarter. Moody ate us up in the first half. If anybody let us down in those 2 games it was the defense.

We actually have plenty of talent of this team. Now that they are eligible.......folks will see just how much talent there is. This will be one of Pete's more talented teams. Now it is up to him and the staff to coach them cats up.

Re: MCKENNA IS BACK

Last week coach JSU coach Rick Comegy said QB A.J. McKenna was leaving the program.

Well, the two sat down yesterday and decided that he would stay.

"After talking, there's a better understanding between us," Comegy said.

McKenna's situation has been strange since he transferred in January. He became the No. 1 QB in the spring with Tray Rutland out with an injury. But there was always something odd about the relationship between him and the coaches. I've heard him described as just a different kind of kid. Not in a bad way, just different. It didn't sound like anyone could really get a good read on him...

"I think he wasn't sure how we felt about him," Comegy said about why he thought McKenna had decided to leave.

McKenna is a huge part of the quarterback depth. The No. 1 job is basically Rutland's to lose. Then there's McKenna and La. Tech transfer Michael Mosley. Both are transfers, but at least they have playing experience. After that it's big-time recruit freshman Domonick Brit and freshman Dedric McDonald.

Rumors that McKenna flunked out are false. He had class this summer, passed and is eligible
CLARIONLEDGER.COM/KAREEM BLOG

Yup, A.J. McKenna is gone again.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS030101

Which two teams took it away? And we didn't dump it out to the TB. We sent Coates down the field on your LBs. Same as the Saints do with Bush. It wasn't a dump pass. Coates was running routes out of the backfield. He caught a TD against JSU.....so I don't think it was taken away. We did not stop your RBs and that is what killed us. Haw and Giles dug into our arses.

We got behind AAMU and had to play catch up and just fell short in the 4th quarter. Moody ate us up in the first half. If anybody let us down in those 2 games it was the defense.

We actually have plenty of talent of this team. Now that they are eligible.......folks will see just how much talent there is. This will be one of Pete's more talented teams. Now it is up to him and the staff to coach them cats up.

since you guys don't like to listen to gr cause he tells the truth too harshly, please listen to ls. he is really trying to help you guys. your talent aint on our level. you don't have a player on your team that could start for jackson state. and please listen when he tells you that 3 serious difference makers are back and each of them are trying to get to the league.

try that, we don't know how to use talent, crap if you want. we have the best oc in our history calling the shots now. so when your untalented players are out there looking dizzy it aint their
fault....they are facing superior talent and coaching.....graves v. woody? that's a joke

Yall may have a good team but you're not one of the more talented teams in this conference. Can't fool us with that "we have talent stockpiled" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back