It's that time of yr again chillunz': Feb 14th St Valentino's day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only in America do we buy into such foolishness. Only in America has the socially accepted way to show people that you love them has been equated to spending money. Hallmark created a holiday and convinced us that we would be wrong for not participating. Western Society is screwed up beyond despair....

Also, I get on facebook and I see a bunch of single people crying about being single on V-day and sounding suicidial. I wish some of them would just go ahead and help society by popping some pills.

Only in America do we buy into such foolishness. Only in America has the socially accepted way to show people that you love them has been equated to spending money. Hallmark created a holiday and convinced us that we would be wrong for not participating. Western Society is screwed up beyond despair....

Also, I get on facebook and I see a bunch of single people crying about being single on V-day and sounding suicidial. I wish some of them would just go ahead and help society by popping some pills.

^^^ This.

Yesterday, I overheard a woman who has been married 46 years talking to another woman about her marriage and what she thought made it successful. She talked about how hard they worked together to raise a family and build a successful life. Sacrifice, mutual respect and caring. On and on.

The funny thing is I know this couple and I know they don't celebrate holidays. No holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's ... not even ... Valentine's Day. The horror! :scared:

Yet, they have a beautiful relationship that has lasted 46 years. So far.

I then wondered, what happened before there was a such thing as Valentine's Day? Were people able to have good relationships then? Or were all couples miserable because there was not a designated day to buy women stuff?

:)

Folks are doing it wrong. We're told that you're a bad person and not a suitable mate if you don't buy a bunch of crap on this particular day. We're told that she feels loved and special if you buy her a bunch of crap for that day. It's all a lie. People are far too gullible.

Buying stuff for Valentine's Day does not make you a good spouse or partner. Receiving stuff on Valentine's Day does not mean that person loves you or even that you love them. It's all a big lie.

I know a woman who is going to get gifts galore on Valentine's Day. She's going to be catered to and pampered by her husband. Then, instead of going to her regular night shift job, she's going to go to the hotel to be dicked down by her lover. Who SHE is going to cater to and pamper. Who is going to buy her nothing. She's been planning it for weeks. :noidea:

:shame:

Y'all do what you want. It doesn't mean what this culture tells you it means though. Sorry. It doesn't.

You have my sympathy brah. :D lol

I just listened to an older cousin male just really, really depressed about his marriage of over 30 years. :smh: He <b>bought his wife a new CTS a few weeks back as a surprise as SHE just jacked up her tahoe last fall</b>. Beautiful car, beautiful color. That woman actually got mad @ him and stopped speaking to him over 2 weeks ago because *quote* <b>"he didn't include her in the decision making"</b> :confused:. He used a small lump that he had in reserve, that she knew nothing about and she actually got angered and is now speaking divorce. Fortunately for him, he is speaking divorce too. I could tell his feelings were really hurt as he's done everything under the sun to make her happy (materialistic especially) over the years. Poor him. :smh:

From what I can tell, the ONLY time a woman actually "cares" for a man is when his health fails. Other than that, he's like a kick rug to her: to be used over and over again to wipe her selfish feet on. When you mess w/ her income (his health), THAT is when she cares. :D The truth hurts us all.

I then wondered, what happened before there was a such thing as Valentine's Day? Were people able to have good relationships then? Or were all couples miserable because there was not a designated day to buy women stuff?

Let some tell it, Black americans have celebrated V-day since Xopher Columbus brought those ships over here and colonized the north american continent. lol And, when Fiddler was doing his thing for mazza as a slave, slaves too were celebrating that day. AND when freed in 1863/1865, the newly freed ones celebrated that day w/ a jig as they continued to live life in a relationship w/ another. :D

That's what black women want all of us black men to believe. :emlaugh: Laughable. Ridiculously laughable. :lol:

^^^ This.

Yesterday, I overheard a woman who has been married 46 years talking to another woman about her marriage and what she thought made it successful. She talked about how hard they worked together to raise a family and build a successful life. Sacrifice, mutual respect and caring. On and on.

The funny thing is I know this couple and I know they don't celebrate holidays. No holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's ... not even ... Valentine's Day. The horror! :scared:

Yet, they have a beautiful relationship that has lasted 46 years. So far.

:)

Folks are doing it wrong. We're told that you're a bad person and not a suitable mate if you don't buy a bunch of crap on this particular day. We're told that she feels loved and special if you buy her a bunch of crap for that day. It's all a lie. People are far too gullible.

Buying stuff for Valentine's Day does not make you a good spouse or partner. Receiving stuff on Valentine's Day does not mean that person loves you or even that you love them. It's all a big lie.

I know a woman who is going to get gifts galore on Valentine's Day. She's going to be catered to and pampered by her husband. Then, instead of going to her regular night shift job, she's going to go to the hotel to be dicked down by her lover. Who SHE is going to cater to and pamper. Who is going to buy her nothing. She's been planning it for weeks. :noidea:

:shame:

Y'all do what you want. It doesn't mean what this culture tells you it means though. Sorry. It doesn't.

Things like this are the reason that so many people in America are in debt. Man, this country is so screwed up when it comes to priorities.

One thing for sure, y'all dudes are good at telling us women what shouldn't be and how it was MEANT to be...but aren't good at giving women what they really want even when they tell you. Now what's wrong wit that picture? I know, y'all don't have a clue.

Guess we'll continue in this malaise on both sides...

Now, I'm being told to buy some flowers and have them sent. Ugggghh!!!

:smh: :smh:

If she has to TELL you to send flowers on Valentine's Day, it must be for show.

I'm glad my boo and I don't have a problem showing our love for each other regularly. Valentine's Day will not be spent trying to eat in some restaurant. We have date night every week and dinner is a part of it.

Now, I will be getting him a gift as I believe Valentine's Day is for the man as well as the woman.

In my opinion,
Every woman need a dick or a dick- like substance in her life,
But she also need something else, not just the human needs, but that something else
because she was born a woman
even if she doesn't know
what that something else is.

I guess it all boils down to what type of man you are.

women have been referred to as "the weaker vessel"

If you sailed your fleet and one of the ships were weaker than the rest
you'd probably watch it more, pay more attention to it than the others.

See you can be a guy that just want to get his
Or you can be a guy that finds joy in bringing joy to that woman

You can be a Trick or you can be a Treat
But in the end who cares if she's happy, you're happy
then it's all happiness.
There are those things greater than happiness

HAPPY Valentine's Day!!!

Last edited:

I'm glad my boo and I don't have a problem showing our love for each other regularly. Valentine's Day will not be spent trying to eat in some restaurant. We have date night every week and dinner is a part of it.

Now, I will be getting him a gift as I believe Valentine's Day is for the man as well as the woman.
That was my first thought. We dont get into this "show" stuff. If I do anything (which I do normally), it's not for show. So when she said that she "WANTS" me to send flowers, I thought "For what?". I dont think she will be getting flowers. I may send her a card. :noidea:

One thing for sure, y'all dudes are good at telling us women what shouldn't be and how it was MEANT to be...but aren't good at giving women what they really want even when they tell you. Now what's wrong wit that picture? I know, y'all don't have a clue.

Guess we'll continue in this malaise on both sides...

Part of the problem with that is, folks aren't speaking the same language and aren't hearing the same thing...Oh and something gets misinterpreted.

Man you can lay the groundwork NOW... don't spend a ton of money for next Tuesday. Start this year and your future marriage will be better for it. LOL

I don't buy into all this "I ain't buying sh-t" thing, BUT, when my lady commented about Valentine's Day, I just quietly reminded her that that's a TWO-WAY street.

I'm not going to be running around town trying to find something nice so it can sit on your desk at work and show off to everyone else while I don't get sh-t. It don't have to be much, just a card, but if you want to be equal in everything else, I expect something coming my way on that day too and I ain't talking about sex. That's apart of the NORMAL daily routine.

That's what the **** I'm talking about!

Man you can lay the groundwork NOW... don't spend a ton of money for next Tuesday. Start this year and your future marriage will be better for it. LOL

Exactly .... already did this one.

Valentine's Last year (second day of knowing her now) .... roses the day after as a joke that she got.
Birthday last year .... One night at Essence and dinner.
Christmas ... perfume.
Valentine's This year (and wrapped up in one year anniversary) .... a little something bigger, but nothing to break the bank.

The key is .... There is ALWAYS a February 15th and a December 26th. Better be ready for those days too no matter how much you "show" her your "love" on the previous days.

:tup:

So the ring's not the V-Day gift?

Nope. Our anniversary is Monday coming with V-Day right behind it. We really won't be able to do much Monday or Tuesday with our jobs so we are celebrating this weekend. At least she thinks we are celebrating V-Day and the anniversary this weekend. She has no clue what else is coming.

I usually don't go big on V-day unless it's a weekend so everything is setting up just right for this one.

Nope. Our anniversary is Monday coming with V-Day right behind it. We really won't be able to do much Monday or Tuesday with our jobs so we are celebrating this weekend. At least she thinks we are celebrating V-Day and the anniversary this weekend. She has no clue what else is coming.

I usually don't go big on V-day unless it's a weekend so everything is setting up just right for this one.

Dang you got 2 back-to-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back