Hue Jackson fired by Grambling

Exactly what? You all did Hue wrong. And until you all do right by him......
celie-until-you-do-right-by-me.gif

That's what you think. I don't think that. But its Grambling lost, complete self-sabotage listening to the wrong people. Now watch how long it's gonna take for Grambling to rebuild to a power program IF it ever happens. They are the new Jackson State. Rich football tradition and brand but lacking the proper leadership to sustain that legacy. This firing lets me know the level of incompetency of Grambling's leadership and it's BAD BAD

Hue Jackson had the personality and experience to make great change at Grambling if given the proper time
Great guy, good recruiter, but he sucked at Coaching.

Generally, when a coach is fired, it’s not just wins and losses on the field. Everything gets evaluated. We don’t know what else was going with Jackson’s regime behind the scenes.
https://hbcusports.com/2023/11/23/e...comments-after-being-fired-as-southern-coach/
“Looking at where we were last year versus this year, wasn’t (meeting) the expectations,” said Banks. “He (Coach Dooley) didn’t have a clear vision of the game plan going forward,” and that was “very frustrating at times.”

Banks said a lack of acceptance of responsibility caused frustration among athletic administration and fans. This is why Dooley was fired and that is what a lot of people don’t understand.

This was a bad decision but I'm not complaining b/c this is an opportunity for Texas Southern to shine in the West.

Hue Jackson was great at recruitment and bringing high quality endorsements. He needed maybe one more year to finally get the ball rolling in the right direction but of course Grambling leadership acted prematurely and lacks the foresight to see the bigger picture and the good trajectory they were on. I always say "we"(not the white man) are our biggest enemy for progress
What?!?!?! More time? If you're paying someone $400k a year for 4 years and 2 years guaranteed, would you put up with the same non-winning results 2 years in a row and no actions to get better? It's "Win Now!" There has to be a return on that investment almost immediately. With the resources that Hue had, there should have signs for changing for the better pretty quickly. What are you thinking? That "give him time" BS doesn't work in this situation with that amount out there and access to a significant budget and the transfer portal too?!?!?!

C'mon Man!!!!

Great comment! Also the negative energy that a lot of people say about this man by calling him a loser and he has excelled at different levels of the game (NFL, NCAA) based off work history of being the the one getting hired at least. The man cares about his players and some people just throw dirt and mud on him. CRABS shoot down the man opening the door for others. PETTY AND NEGATIVE. Check Miss. State blog and see the difference.
You can consider bringing Hue into your program. Let's see what he can do for your program.

Back