Hue Jackson fired by Grambling

This was a bad decision but I'm not complaining b/c this is an opportunity for Texas Southern to shine in the West.

Hue Jackson was great at recruitment and bringing high quality endorsements. He needed maybe one more year to finally get the ball rolling in the right direction but of course Grambling leadership acted prematurely and lacks the foresight to see the bigger picture and the good trajectory they were on. I always say "we"(not the white man) are our biggest enemy for progress

This was a bad decision but I'm not complaining b/c this is an opportunity for Texas Southern to shine in the West.

Hue Jackson was great at recruitment and bringing high quality endorsements. He needed maybe one more year to finally get the ball rolling in the right direction but of course Grambling leadership acted prematurely and lacks the foresight to see the bigger picture and the good trajectory they were on. I always say "we"(not the white man) are our biggest enemy for progress
Hue wasn't gonna win at Grambling. The end of the BC showed that. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you can't coach.

Hue wasn't gonna win at Grambling. The end of the BC showed that. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you can't coach.
That's what you think. I don't think that. But its Grambling lost, complete self-sabotage listening to the wrong people. Now watch how long it's gonna take for Grambling to rebuild to a power program IF it ever happens. They are the new Jackson State. Rich football tradition and brand but lacking the proper leadership to sustain that legacy. This firing lets me know the level of incompetency of Grambling's leadership and it's BAD BAD

Hue Jackson had the personality and experience to make great change at Grambling if given the proper time

I've been saying that the football in the conference looked really bad this year. Can anyone remember a time when 3 conference institutions separated with their coaches in one season like this? Is this normal for the swac?

That's what you think. I don't think that. But its Grambling lost, complete self-sabotage listening to the wrong people. Now watch how long it's gonna take for Grambling to rebuild to a power program IF it ever happens. They are the new Jackson State. Rich football tradition and brand but lacking the proper leadership to sustain that legacy. This firing lets me know the level of incompetency of Grambling's leadership and it's BAD BAD

Hue Jackson had the personality and experience to make great change at Grambling if given the proper time
Great comment! Also the negative energy that a lot of people say about this man by calling him a loser and he has excelled at different levels of the game (NFL, NCAA) based off work history of being the the one getting hired at least. The man cares about his players and some people just throw dirt and mud on him. CRABS shoot down the man opening the door for others. PETTY AND NEGATIVE. Check Miss. State blog and see the difference.

I GET the kumbyah because the man vocally chose to support an hbcu...something that a lot of black athletes by and LARGE never do, never think of or only mention when they time and again realize that they didn't attain any whiteness for serving the ones like Tuberville.
But let's be honest. Grambling is a storied HBCU football program. They've always done way more with less. Mr. Jackson, like McKinney didn't WIN. He also...was NOT a winner on other levels. You can Google that. He wasn't a .500 coach, either. He SHOULD have been well over .500 in the swac considering the opportunities he's had at the desks he's sat at to see how to coach even in simple ways. Same as McKinney, well actually MORE than McKinney. McKinney was under Sumlin. You couldn't build an offense from whence you came? You just HAD to keep that OC, huh? The DC too? No..I don't buy it. I just don't buy that either one of them took it seriously and if they did and THIS is what happened...neither should have a negative thing to say about an HBCU that entrusted them with the most PRECARIOUS cargo- black colleges and student athletes who NEED them to excel or wake up and RESIGN and stop wasting the time, money and bodies of athletes who don't deserve that level of "awww shucks, there's prollems round hur"....

He’s available!

I want to say initially, I wasn't a fan of the hire but decided to give the man a chance. What turned me away was the lack of discipline and focus that team has shown towards the end of '22 season. That's a leadership problem. If you want to take a crack at him at TSU, be my guest.

Co-coordinator John Simon is the interim head football coach.
Also fired:
Thornton, Delgato, Dodge, Scott, Hart

The definition of hustling backwards. He left a D1 head coaching at UAPB to be a position coach in a lame duck year at USM and has been slow creeping back up the ranks

The definition of hustling backwards. He left a D1 head coaching at UAPB to be a position coach in a lame duck year at USM and has been slow creeping back up the ranks
You are thinking of current Alcorn DC Cedric Thomas. Former Grambling DC Thornton is the Husband of UAPB Women’s Coach Dawn Thornton.

I've been saying that the football in the conference looked really bad this year. Can anyone remember a time when 3 conference institutions separated with their coaches in one season like this? Is this normal for the swac?
Last year - bethune - UAPB - valley (coach left) - Jackson ( coach left)

2021 - Grambling - Alabama State - Southern - all fired

Now I'm a Grambling man to the core and Jackson might not have been the best coach in many people's eyes, but everyone knows there isn't a quick fix to turn a program around. You can't do it in just two years....and please don't come with the Jesus Christ Junior references. That was a different situation.

Generally, when a coach is fired, it’s not just wins and losses on the field. Everything gets evaluated. We don’t know what else was going with Jackson’s regime behind the scenes.

Gram, yall suck ass!!!! Yall should have kept Hue atleast for another 10 years. Somebody in the SWAC should give Hue a call and help him out.

#Justice4HueandDooley

Back