Hopson to USM

They will stop sign as it was said earlier we were already prepared for this so all those who were hoping for our down fall we gone I beat y'all was next year!!!!!!!!!! GO BRAVES

One of them recruits out of Houston tweeted today he's going to Texas Southern University.

If Alcorn's leadership is smart thay would at least have a conversation with Heanry Frazier III. You have too much to lose to turn the keys over to an inexperienced HC.

Fred McNair may have to hire some new staff members but we'll be ok....

Even Dr. Johnny had some success in the SWAC.

This is good for the SWAC. It shows other coaches that you can make it to the FBS coaching circle by being successful on this level. USM was 9-5 last season, and he should be able to keep them moving in the right direction. And yes PV, I wouldn't be surprised if Hopson called on Simmons to be his O-Coordinator/Asst. Coach.

Last edited:
I called this years ago. Anyway, Odums and his Jags are having a party tonight. Lol.

Odums probably is but the Jaguar Nation is in his ass right now. He won't have no Spring Ball and still has to break in two new Coordinators. If he don't win the SWAC West this year, folks will want him gone.

Tony Hughes will never let the JSU Folks know this.....but I bet he has to fuming and disappointed inside right now. But it's like I said....He is a Professional and will know to keep his feelings to himself.

he ain't going to the country....
I don't know why not. I'm sure he would prefer country living unemployment.

H. Frazier III is a good coach without a team.
Alcorn, now has a team and no coach.
The two should at least have a conversation.
But hew what do I know?

Alcorn is going to be okay,..Fred McNair was going to be the man regardless and that was the e plan. If and when Coach Hop left Mcnair was going to take over. That was the plan the whole time

Love it when a plan comes together

Odums probably is but the Jaguar Nation is in his ass right now. He won't have no Spring Ball and still has to break in two new Coordinators. If he don't win the SWAC West this year, folks will want him gone.
Boy gone somewhere. If we don't so damn be it. 2 out of 4 not bad being where he started from. You just worry about finding another coach. We are fine on this end.

This is good for the SWAC. It shows other coaches that you can make it to the FBS coaching circle by being successful on this level. USM was 9-5 last season, and he should be able to keep them moving in the right direction. And yes PV, I wouldn't be surprised if Hopson called on Simmons to be his O-Coordinator/Asst. Coach.
I agree, I'm glad someone knew there history enough to understand why I said Simmons to USM is very possible.

Do you think universities especially in the SWAC would be fearful now to hire white coaches because with any type of success they would bolt to a PWI if given the chance

Also don't know much about USM?football , but ummm.if Alcorn coach was black.and had success like Hopson would he have been in the running for the USM JOB

Why? They had black ones bolt straight to the nfl or another school. So in the big scheme of things what's the difference? You've still loss a coach.

Do you think universities especially in the SWAC would be fearful now to hire white coaches because with any type of success they would bolt to a PWI if given the chance

Also don't know much about USM?football , but ummm.if Alcorn coach was black.and had success like Hopson would he have been in the running for the USM JOB

Who knows.

But ULM apparently reached out to Fobbs this offseason and he's only been at Grambling for two years.

Way to keep the Brave face. If you say you are not worried now you are lying and not too smart. lol We tried to tell you, I guess you were in denial. Don't worry it's a natural part of the process.

Darrell Asberry, to the rescue. He has strong ties to MS. I think he would be a great fit.

Dude, we.knew this....yall was guessing and speculating.....i guess many of yall will be in church this a.m.

Back