High School Boys & Girls Basketball Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DaGSUMan said:
I really hope they get a power ranking system to atleast get the top two teams a chance to meat in the champions ship. In 4A you had Ouchita and Helen Cox meet in the 3rd round instead of the top 28, in 3A Springhill and Jonesboro in the 2nd round and then Jonesboro and Madison parish in 3rd roud (Damn good game), 1A G-Lab and S-Lab meeting in the semis, B Doyline and Zwolle in the 3rd round, and C Reserve and Excelsior meeting in the semis while Marion (18-15) moving to the championship game. There could have been a lot of better game in the top 28 with proper seeding.

As for the ref running past the 35 girl. If she is out of harms way plays continues until fast brake is over or her team gets the ball. Sorry about the injury, but that is they way it is.

DON'T HATE!!!!!!!

CONGRAT'S MARION PANTHERS AND COACH WYNN!!!!!!!!!

Journalist said:
Huntington is in Shreveport. That's where Troy Edwards, WR from La Tech, went to school. See the playoffs are set up in the first round with certain districts playing each other in the first round in Class 5A..

The Baton Rouge district teams, 3-5A (Woodlawn, St. Amant, Catholic-BR, Central-RB) play the north Louisiana 5A district (Huntington, Natchitoches Central, ruston and West Monroe)....Just like teams from District 4-5A play teams from 2-5A...

they do it in all classes for the most part. It's kinda retarded though..

I'm dissapointed that the 5A finals and 3A will be playing Friday night instead of Saturday. We wanted to see Southern Lab and possibly Glen Oaks. They used to let them all play on Saturday. Who's idea was that?

DaGSUMan said:
As for the ref running past the 35 girl. If she is out of harms way plays continues until fast brake is over or her team gets the ball. Sorry about the injury, but that is they way it is.

If you have Cox..i don't know when they're airing the 4A title game...the tape will clearly show it

the girl was guarding Brittany Helm near the timeline on the press row side with 12 seconds left. The pop was heard at that moment when they bumped into each other... shot was missed and 35 got possession with like 6 seconds left...I seen dude look at the girl, look at the clock and ran back down..it was right in front of me...

I may not be no official or Tommy Henry's towel boy...but I know official timeouts are supposed to be called when the team with the injured player gets possession..and they clearly had possession..but I digress....

Say JagBR...

GO's in 4A..that game is 8:30 Saturday night

1A title game at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, followed by 3A title game at 7 ..then a Glen Oaks vs. Peabody/Northside..

Journalist said:
If you have Cox..i don't know when they're airing the 4A title game...the tape will clearly show it

the girl was guarding Brittany Helm near the timeline on the press row side with 12 seconds left. The pop was heard at that moment when they bumped into each other... shot was missed and 35 got possession with like 6 seconds left...I seen dude look at the girl, look at the clock and ran back down..it was right in front of me...

I may not be no official or Tommy Henry's towel boy...but I know official timeouts are supposed to be called when the team with the injured player gets possession..and they clearly had possession..but I digress....

Say JagBR...

1A title game at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, followed by 3A title game at 7 ..then a Glen Oaks vs. Peabody/Northside..

Well, we wont get to see them. We are going Friday Night only!

Journalist said:
McCall...i mean, Madison Parish, might give y'all a show in the 2A game

Sorry, but I wanted to see the Baton Rouge Schools and West St John(who lost early on) I had a friend that used to be principal at West St. John.

JagBR said:
Sorry, but I wanted to see the Baton Rouge Schools and West St John(who lost early on) I had a friend that used to be principal at West St. John.

I was just saying...since the 2A game is Friday, right???
might as well watch McCall first..then Woodlawn...stretch that 9 or 10 dollars LHSAA charging ya for a ducat...I'll more than likely will be there Saturday...

i would've been there tonite if Indepenedence didn't get Ucked Fover by the refs up at marksville last week

JagBR said:
I'm dissapointed that the 5A finals and 3A will be playing Friday night instead of Saturday. We wanted to see Southern Lab and possibly Glen Oaks. They used to let them all play on Saturday. Who's idea was that?

The possibility of 4A Northside (of Lafayette) High playing in the title game on a Saturday could possibly sell-out the CajunDome (also in Lafayette).

Just a theory.

DonTiger said:
The possibility of 4A Northside (of Lafayette) High playing in the title game on a Saturday

:lol: I had to stop reading right there. I should have stopped at "possibility".

Journalist said:

Say JagBR...

35 got possession with like 6 seconds left...
Let the quarter end (I would say 9 out 10 officials would have let the clock run, unless there was blood. We find that a lot of time players hit the floor for the smallest injuries and that is why, if there is no blood let it roll.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Journalist said:

Glen Oaks in not in the championship game yet, they play Thurs at 5:00 PM again Ouachita and Peabody and Northside play Thurs. at 8:30 P.M.

DonTiger said:
The possibility of 4A Northside (of Lafayette) High playing in the title game on a Saturday could possibly sell-out the CajunDome (also in Lafayette).

Just a theory.

Peabody will bring more fans to the Cajun Dome than Northside. When we played them in the Top 28 2 years ago, there were more Peabody fans than Northside.

DaGSUMan said:
35 got possession with like 6 seconds left...
Let the quarter end (I would say 9 out 10 officials would have let the clock run, unless there was blood. We find that a lot of time players hit the floor for the smallest injuries and that is why, if there is no blood let it roll.

hey...maybe it's my old notion that the safety of the participants is paramount that allows me to disagree.

just watch the game when it comes on..A dislocated shoulder is not the smallest of injuries. But she was tough. They popped it back into place, and she played the rest of the game...

D'ville's back. I'm happy, not as happy as GSUpe, but happy nonetheless....

I just think Glen Oaks is better than Ouachita..so i'm penciling them in to play either Peabody or Northside...

You heard it here first back in October!

WE'RE GOING TO THE SHIP!

WE'RE GOING TO THE SHIP!

MADISON CENTRAL ADVANCES TO THE MISS. CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

n101702977_30041429_4942.jpg

WE WANT PROVIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEE!

Basketball State Championship Broadcast Dates

Listed below are the broadcast dates for the 2006 State Championship Basketball games on Cox Sports Television.

GIRLS
CLASS 1A
Saturday March 18 - 11:00 am
Replay - Saturday April 1 - 5:00 pm

CLASS 2A
Wednesday March 15 - 6:30 pm
Replay - Saturday April 1 - 7:30 pm

CLASS 3A
Friday March 17 - 5:30 pm
Replay - Sunday April 2 - 9:00 pm

CLASS 4A
Sunday March 19 - 5:00 pm
Replay - Thursday April 6 - 8:00 pm

CLASS 5A
Friday March 17 - 7:30 pm
Replay - Sunday April 9 - 7:30 pm

CLASS B
Saturday March 18 - 3:30 pm
Replay - Sunday April 9 - 9:30 pm

CLASS C
Monday March 13 - 4:30 pm
Replay - Thursday April 13 - 8:00 pm

BOYS
CLASS 1A
Monday March 20 - 6:00 pm
Replay - Tuesday April 18 - 3:30 pm

CLASS 2A
Wednesday March 22 - 6:30 pm
Replay - Sunday April 16 - 5:00 pm

CLASS 3A
Monday March 20 - 8:00 pm
Replay - Sunday April 23 - 3:00 pm

CLASS 4A
Sunday March 19 - 7:00 pm
Replay - Sunday April 23 - 12:30 pm

CLASS 5A
Thursday March 30 - 8:00 pm
Replay - Wednesday April 19 - 7:00 pm

CLASS B
Wednesday, March 22 - 8:30 pm
Replay Saturday April 15 - 1:00 pm

CLASS C
Wednesday, March 29 - 6:30 pm
Replay Saturday April 15 - 11:00 am

JSTUS said:

What's wrong JSTUS...

D'ville used to be good back in the day..

But on the other note...McCall didn't have to beat poor Ville Platte like Joe beat Tito for messing with his guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back