High School Boys & Girls Basketball Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
:jump: PE-PEA-PEABODY :jump:

You shole you want this this soon Northside???:uhoh: :uhoh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Bootleg School
What??? You better stick to talking about the Lab and playing them little biddy country schools in 1A and leave us Warhorses alone.

BTW, Northside remembers what happened to them the last time we met them in Lafayette in the Top 28. Even though the game will be in Lafayette, it's gonna look like a Peabody home game, our fans will outnumber thiers once again.

jag4life said:
Look at the girls side... Glen Oaks vs Vandebilt in the QUARTERS.:smh:

I've been talking to coaches out this way and they're saying the LHSCA (the coaches association) are proposing a seeding system based on a team's record against playoff teams from the other classes...

Although it's not the power rating system like the LHSAA adopted for football, nor a prep version of the RPI...it's better than the crap we're stuck with now...

Dude...Madison Parish, I mean McCall, had to play fifth-ranked St. Thomas Aquinas on the road in the second round, only to play top-ranked J-Hodge in the QUARTERS....

it never fails that you get a team or two that has no damned business in either the Sweet 16 or Top 28...and they get their arses blown out for their troubles...

Tioga on the girls side was that time, in my opinion (that's who Glen Oaks played in the 4A semis). Only reason Mansfield made it a game against Franklin was because of sad-arse officiating...

But anybody that's gonna watch the girls title games on Cox TV...

The Class 5A (overtime), Class 4A, Class 3A, Class 2A and Class B games were great games...

The 5A title game (Airline vs. Southwood), was probably the best, followed by the underdog McDonogh 35 almost upsetting heavily favored Glen Oaks.

Girl from 35 got her shoulded popped out of place (I heard the pop and saw her in serious pain) during the final seconds of the third quarter, ref ran past her, looked at her and kept the hell going... :( :( :( :( :( :uhoh: :uhoh:

Lewis said:
BTW, Northside remembers what happened to them the last time we met them in Lafayette in the Top 28. Even though the game will be in Lafayette, it's gonna look like a Peabody home game, our fans will outnumber thiers once again.

Right. You know how we do it. We travel by the thousands...tailgating and all. :D

Journalist said:
Dude...Madison Parish, I mean McCall, had to play fifth-ranked St. Thomas Aquinas on the road in the second round, only to play top-ranked J-Hodge in the QUARTERS....

LOL..you old school...you called McCall Madison Parish...lol...that's like me referring to Delta High as Union High (I think that was the name when my dad was there).

Damn that wasn't the name of it...damn what did daddy used to call Delta when Grambling High used to play them...

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
LOL..you old school...you called McCall Madison Parish...lol...that's like me referring to Delta High as Union High (I think that was the name when my dad was there).

Damn that wasn't the name of it...damn what did daddy used to call Delta when Grambling High used to play them...

That's the only way I know Madison Parish DSN...it's always gonna be McCall to me...i kinda root for Madison because their colors are blue and gold and they're now the Jaguars... :wavey: I know they closed down Thomastown up that way before folding Tallulah high and bringing er'body to the McCall campus.

Also a note: The Shenandoah area of Baton Rouge is rumored to want to break away from East Baton Rouge School System. The reason I bring this up because Woodlawn would be the high school for the area if that happens, but I don't think the feds will allow kids from Mayfair to continue to go to Woodlawn if that happens.

Journalist said:
That's the only way I know Madison Parish DSN...it's always gonna be McCall to me...i kinda root for Madison because their colors are blue and gold and they're now the Jaguars... :wavey: I know they closed down Thomastown up that way before folding Tallulah high and bringing er'body to the McCall campus.

Also a note: The Shenandoah area of Baton Rouge is rumored to want to break away from East Baton Rouge School System. The reason I bring this up because Woodlawn would be the high school for the area if that happens, but I don't think the feds will allow kids from Mayfair to continue to go to Woodlawn if that happens.

When did you hear that? I kind of thought that would happen. My son will be graduating from Woodlawn in May. We live in the Millerville area. I guess they want Woodlawn to go back to being predominantly white. You know they have almost completed the new Woodlawn Middle School.

JagBR said:
When did you hear that? I kind of thought that would happen. My son will be graduating from Woodlawn in May. We live in the Millerville area. I guess they want Woodlawn to go back to being predominantly white. You know they have almost completed the new Woodlawn Middle School.

My girlfriend's parents moved into Shenandoah a couple years back, and my girlfriend works for EBR. She was telling me about the new Woodlawn Middle and all of that.

I heard that a couple of weeks ago. But JagBR, you know you can kiss Woodlawn basketball goodbye if Shenandoah pulls away from EBR, unless the feds block that racially-motivated pullout like they did up in Central (I mean Denham Springs west).

Journalist said:
My girlfriend's parents moved into Shenandoah a couple years back, and my girlfriend works for EBR. She was telling me about the new Woodlawn Middle and all of that.

I heard that a couple of weeks ago. But JagBR, you know you can kiss Woodlawn basketball goodbye if Shenandoah pulls away from EBR, unless the feds block that racially-motivated pullout like they did up in Central (I mean Denham Springs west).

You are right about the Basketball program. Look what happened to Denham Springs High when Tasmin Mitchell graduated. Most of those good basketball players on the Woodlawn team don't live in the Shenandoah area. There's a transfer from Capital, one from Brother Martin, and 2 from Christian Life. (all seniors) There is this thing with the EBR school system called M&M transfer.

Lewis said:
Damn, soon every high school will just be in thier own school district.

All of this is de-facto segregation coming home to roost..

I always tell people Baton rouge has too many damned schools, at all levels..that's part of the reason EBR's in the situation its in..racism and gross mismangement at its "finest."

And like one of my profs joked about Scotlandville and BR High...."we fought to keep our sports at Peabody."....lol

Arlington, texas has 300,000 people...and only 5 or 6 high schools....

Journalist said:
And like one of my profs joked about Scotlandville and BR High...."we fought to keep our sports at Peabody."....lol

And that is African American history, straight out of Alexandria, LA.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Journalist said:
I've been talking to coaches out this way and they're saying the LHSCA (the coaches association) are proposing a seeding system based on a team's record against playoff teams from the other classes...

Although it's not the power rating system like the LHSAA adopted for football, nor a prep version of the RPI...it's better than the crap we're stuck with now...

it never fails that you get a team or two that has no damned business in either the Sweet 16 or Top 28...and they get their arses blown out for their troubles...

Tioga on the girls side was that time, in my opinion (that's who Glen Oaks played in the 4A semis). Only reason Mansfield made it a game against Franklin was because of sad-arse officiating...

But anybody that's gonna watch the girls title games on Cox TV...

The Class 5A (overtime), Class 4A, Class 3A, Class 2A and Class B games were great games...

The 5A title game (Airline vs. Southwood), was probably the best, followed by the underdog McDonogh 35 almost upsetting heavily favored Glen Oaks.

Girl from 35 got her shoulded popped out of place (I heard the pop and saw her in serious pain) during the final seconds of the third quarter, ref ran past her, looked at her and kept the hell going... :( :( :( :( :( :uhoh: :uhoh:

I really hope they get a power ranking system to atleast get the top two teams a chance to meat in the champions ship. In 4A you had Ouchita and Helen Cox meet in the 3rd round instead of the top 28, in 3A Springhill and Jonesboro in the 2nd round and then Jonesboro and Madison parish in 3rd roud (Damn good game), 1A G-Lab and S-Lab meeting in the semis, B Doyline and Zwolle in the 3rd round, and C Reserve and Excelsior meeting in the semis while Marion (18-15) moving to the championship game. There could have been a lot of better game in the top 28 with proper seeding.

As for the ref running past the 35 girl. If she is out of harms way plays continues until fast brake is over or her team gets the ball. Sorry about the injury, but that is they way it is.

JSTUS said:
But, it's the truth Lewis. It was a fight.

I am the Prof he was talking about, I told them the about the fight and the boycott we had to keep athletics and the band at Peabody when they turned it into a Magnet school. Many don't know that "they" said "Why do yall still want a team, yall are not gonna be any good", implying that a black kid could not be a good ball player and also have good grades. That's part of what made our state championship in 1979 so special (my senior year, we were the first magnet class). It was the first year we were a full Magnet School, we won the state, and 4 basketball players graduated in the top 10 of the class, and every basketball player but 1 graduated with honors after they said we wouldn't be isht. Coach Bowman had damn near the whole basketball team in Advanced Math, and if you didn't have your homework, your ass wasn't gonna practice or play.

In Baton Rouge, you still gotta choose, you can't go to Baton Rouge Magnet School for advance academics and still play ball, it is sad and really sends the wrong message to kids. My nephew goes to Sherwood Middle Magnet and really wanted to play football, but they won't let them have a team. Thats sad. If it was my son, I would have protested all the way up to th superententant.

With three starter's fouling out Glen BIG BABY Davis little cousin took the game in his hand's...Man,and he's only a freshman....:tup: That LAB only has 3 senior's,and only 1 that play's....:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back