High School Boys & Girls Basketball Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSTUS said:
The brackets are out.

http://www.lhsaa.org/2006BasketballBoysBrackets/brackets2.htm

http://www.lhsaa.org/2006BasketballGirlsBrackets/brackets2.htm

My PEABODY WARHORSES boys and girls teams are in.

Is your team in???
Bring it on!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Dude where you been...the girls are at the state quarterfinals..I see Peabody's playing St. Thomas More in Lafayette...y'all might get ref-whupped!!!

It's kinda messed up you'll potentially see Peabody and Northside play each other?in the state semis instead of the state championship game...I gotta put Tommy Henry 'nem to task..LHSAA must reform playoff brackets in basketball...

It worked for football..

Journalist said:
Dude where you been...the girls are at the state quarterfinals..I see Peabody's playing St. Thomas More in Lafayette...y'all might get ref-whupped!!!

It's kinda messed up you'll potentially see Peabody and Northside play each other?in the state semis instead of the state championship game...I gotta put Tommy Henry 'nem to task..LHSAA must reform playoff brackets in basketball...

It worked for football..

Woodlawn will be playing Huntington. Where on Earth is Huntington located?

JagBR said:
Woodlawn will be playing Huntington. Where on Earth is Huntington located?

Huntington is in Shreveport. That's where Troy Edwards, WR from La Tech, went to school. See the playoffs are set up in the first round with certain districts playing each other in the first round in Class 5A..

The Baton Rouge district teams, 3-5A (Woodlawn, St. Amant, Catholic-BR, Central-RB) play the north Louisiana 5A district (Huntington, Natchitoches Central, ruston and West Monroe)....Just like teams from District 4-5A play teams from 2-5A...

they do it in all classes for the most part. It's kinda retarded though..

I see <font color="green">Grambling High Lab</font> faces Arcadia in the first round in 1-A Boys. Let's take it to the top Kittens!!!!

n101702977_30041429_4942.jpg

Sicily Island High Girls got eliminated in the regionals of the Class C playoffs...

Sicily Island High Boys are playing in BR this week in the BiDistrict round...

Gonna go route for the Island (dayum...enrollments down to Class C with no football:splat:

JSTUS said:
The brackets are out.

My PEABODY WARHORSES boys and girls teams are in.

Is your team in???
Bring it on!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:
Warhorses In da House!!!!

Girls are in the Sweet 16, and play Wednesday at 5 in Hammond. I will be in the house.

Lewis said:
Warhorses In da House!!!!

Girls are in the Sweet 16, and play Wednesday at 5 in Hammond. I will be in the house.

:jump: And the boys play Istrouma on Tuesday. It's on just like as if I was at home. :jump:

I'mma have to miss church.

Grambling High beat the hell out of Arcadia. It's on to Plain Dealing!!! GO KITTENS!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
NASTYNUPE said:
Grambling High beat the hell out of Arcadia. It's on to Plain Dealing!!! GO KITTENS!!!!
That LAB won last night also,,but one of our horse's maybe out....:shame: GOOOOOOOOOOOO KITTENS :bowdown: SOUTHERN LAB....99 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Our boys left Istrouma at home. Next up Bossier. :jump:

FIRE IT UP HORSES, FIRE IT UP WHEWWWWWW!!!

Those Woodlawn Purple Panthers did it again!!! We blew out Mandeville!! A very good game! Next up, West Monroe.

Congrats to McDonogh. We'll see how this plays out? My girls didn't play well at all. My mentee broke her wrist during warmups. :bawling:
_____

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-22/1141286272313250.xml

McDonogh 35 assistant's eligibility probed
LHSAA looking into certification on heels of Sweet 16 victory
Thursday, March 02, 2006
By Mike Strom
Staff writer
HAMMOND -- The legitimacy of McDonogh 35's 53-41 victory against Peabody on Wednesday night in the Class 4A semifinals of the Sweet 16 basketball tournament is being questioned by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association, LHSAA commissioner Tommy Henry said. Henry said the LHSAA is investigating the Lady Roneagles' program for possibly using an illegal coach.

Henry said McDonogh 35 officials must submit written proof by today that Kevin Williams meets the eligibility criteria to serve as an assistant coach.

At issue is whether Williams is a full-time college student enrolled in the proper curriculum to coach in the LHSAA, Henry said. Williams, Henry said, told him that he is enrolled at Southern-New Orleans.

If Williams' eligibility cannot be proven, then Peabody will advance via forfeit to the Class 4A championship game Saturday and McDonogh 35's opportunity to become the first New Orleans Public School team to win a state championship in the Sweet 16 tournament will have ended.

"As of right now, they have won the ballgame," Henry said of McDonogh 35 (12-1). "I'm going to make a decision (today) by 5 p.m. I gave them all day to work this out because it's too important to put this on something too strict.

"The burden of proof now is on this young man to prove that he is legal."

McDonogh 35 principal Philip White said Williams is eligible and that "nothing should affect him."

Williams was not available for comment.

McDonogh 35's victory at Southeastern Louisiana's University Center was minutes old when Henry summoned Lady Roneagles coaches and officials and Orleans school system officials into a postgame meeting to inquire about the eligibility of Williams and assistant coach Eric Duncan.

Duncan, who is listed on the team roster, was deemed eligible during the meeting. Lady Roneagles coach Danielle Allen-Lewis said Duncan has been her assistant for six years.

Henry said he became suspicious when he observed Allen-Lewis, Duncan and Williams instructing players during the game but saw only two coaches listed on McDonogh 35's roster.

Allen-Lewis initially identified Williams following the victory over Peabody as a team statistician and not a coach. Henry said Williams told him that he was a statistician and manager. Henry disputed Williams' claim and said that he stood behind McDonogh 35's bench area during the game and observed Williams instructing players. Henry said the LHSAA also had photos taken of Williams coaching.

Henry's inquiry follows a LHSAA ruling last week in which Lafayette forfeited a victory against Jesuit in the state soccer playoffs for using a non-certified, non-faculty coach.

"I am not on a witch hunt," Henry said. "I was looking at McDonogh 35 during the game, and I was proud of how they were doing. Here was a team with just seven players and they were winning the game. But then I looked at their bench area and saw that there were three people coaching and just two coaches listed on their roster. What was I supposed to do, look the other way?

"I went over behind their bench and listened in. He was coaching. He was giving instructions. I know he was coaching."

The LHSAA also is investigating whether Williams is listed under association records for being certified under the Coaches Education and Certification Program that allows non-faculty members to coach. If Williams is found to be a certified non-faculty assistant, but not registered, then the school might escape with a fine and still advance to the championship game, Henry said.

New Orleans Public Schools athletic director Ron Gearing told Henry that Williams was the girls basketball coach at Kennedy last season and had a temporary teaching certificate. Kennedy was forced to close after being devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

Allen-Lewis said Williams is not employed by the New Orleans Public School System but has been assisting her at McDonogh 35 as he attends college.

Henry said he was told by Williams and Gearing that records substantiating Williams' claims were destroyed by Katrina.

"I'm committed to upholding our rules," Henry said. "Some things can be blamed on Katrina. But not getting questions answered up front cannot be blamed on Katrina. I'm going to turn over every stone I can to see if this coach is eligible."

India Chaney and Chelseney Lewis scored 18 and 13 points to key the victory in which the Lady Roneagles once were tied but never trailed. McDonogh 35 standout center Jasmine Nelson scored eight points.

"This would be really messed up" to have to forfeit, Allen-Lewis said. "Now I feel bad. I want to cry."

Hey JSTUS...I need to see what's in the water over thurr at PMHS. Mrs. Jax still talks about the 1991 squad at Peabody that won state. Hopefully I can bring some of that h2o to Baker.

But...We all know that road to Boys 1A State Championship runs through SOUTHERN LAB!!!:jump:

Congrats to McDonogh 35, they played a good game and My Warhorses didn't. As far as the investigation goes, I feel bad for them, and don't like things coming down to this, but rules are rules, and when asked about it, they lied at first, so something must be wrong. Peabody's best coach was up in the stands, not coaching for other reasons.

i've been away from da boot for a minute........Can someone tell me who the truck is Helen Cox and where is it located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back