Here are the 37 applicants for the UAPB football head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
Per the Pine Bluff Commercial - http://www.pbcommercial.com/news/20171208/uapb-releases-names-of-football-coach-applicants

Darrell Asberry
Milo Austin
Chennis Berry
Vyron Brown
Joseph Carter
Rick Comegy
Ronald Dickerson, Jr.
Chris Dishman
Eric Dooley
Mo Forte
Alonzo Hampton
Joseph Henry
Jonas Jackson
Tremaine Jackson
Mark James
Brian Jenkins
Jimmy Joe
Bruce Johnson
Anthony Jones
Ernest Jones
Donovan McCray
John McKenzie
Quinton Morgan
Damon Nivens
Kenneth Ray
Kendall Roberson
Keith Scott
Thomas Taylor
Cedric Thomas
Ricky Thomas
Roger Totten
Willie Totten
Ted White
Dennis Winston
Alvin Wyatt, Sr.
Ernest Wilson III
Robert Wilson.

Chris Dishman? wow

Shine trying to get in the SWAC. He did wonders at BCC with peanuts (living in the dorms).

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
OK, so if you all had to narrow this list down to 3 finalists, who would they be?

Mine would be

Eric Dooley
Ted White
Tremaine Jackson

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Did UAPB list a Salary Range? Some quality guys on that list. What would you think the salary expectations would be?

He and his wife used to be members at my church. He'd be asleep in church almost every Sunday (lol).

Hell I used to be friends with Dish. When I lived in Houston the first time. Dish used to be at home keeping the kids. Wife is another story. LOL

Go with Dooley BUT give him the resources he needs to make it a competitive program.

Did UAPB list a Salary Range? Some quality guys on that list. What would you think the salary expectations would be?

I'm guessing the salary will be in the area of $150K - $165K. I know Monte Coleman's salary was slightly north of $150K. But as C-LeB indicated, salary isn't enough if UAPB is going to become a contender. The administration/supporters are going to have do what they can to make sure the coach has the resources necessary to make a difference.

Per the Pine Bluff Commercial - http://www.pbcommercial.com/news/20171208/uapb-releases-names-of-football-coach-applicants

Darrell Asberry
Milo Austin
Chennis Berry
Vyron Brown
Joseph Carter
Rick Comegy
Ronald Dickerson, Jr.
Chris Dishman
Eric Dooley
Mo Forte
Alonzo Hampton
Joseph Henry
Jonas Jackson
Tremaine Jackson
Mark James
Brian Jenkins
Jimmy Joe
Bruce Johnson
Anthony Jones
Ernest Jones
Donovan McCray
John McKenzie
Quinton Morgan
Damon Nivens
Kenneth Ray
Kendall Roberson
Keith Scott
Thomas Taylor
Cedric Thomas
Ricky Thomas
Roger Totten
Willie Totten
Ted White
Dennis Winston
Alvin Wyatt, Sr.
Ernest Wilson III
Robert Wilson.

That list looks like a bunch of recycled coaches......Some were fired....some out of work......some are still asst coaches......all of them with the exception of Chris Dishmen worked in the SWAC in some fashion ......... ALvin Wyatt STILL WEARING THOSE 1970 outfits......

That list looks like a bunch of recycled coaches......Some were fired....some out of work......some are still asst coaches......all of them with the exception of Chris Dishmen worked in the SWAC in some fashion ......... ALvin Wyatt STILL WEARING THOSE 1970 outfits......

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but what the hell is a "recycled coach"? That is one of the dumbest terms I've ever heard anyone use. What is the difference between a recycled coach and a recycled accountant? It is not uncommon for a coach (who is in the business of coaching) to have a resume of previous COACHING jobs. Who the hell wants to hire a coach who has never coached before. Why would anyone want to hire an accountant to lead the accounting department without any previous experience?

SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back