Hampton's Jerome Mathis: I Will Be The Best Out of This Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys lets get back to talking about Mathis. What if he played for Grambling and had Bruce Eugene throwing him the Ball. :ebrow:

mighty hornet said:
:lol:

and they better watch what's already ahead of them.

lol Ya' know.... right MH!

This is PV's Wright's last year, so.... We should <b>expect</b> that he'd want to go out w/ a bang in his last outing. :tup:

:read:

wahines said:
Hey guys lets get back to talking about Mathis. What if he played for Grambling and had Bruce Eugene throwing him the Ball. :ebrow:

Well what if Mathis played DB for S.U. and intercepted the ball from Brugene like what was done in 2003 to seal the victory? :teleport: :lol:

JR said:
Who was that? You talking about big boy from BR who couldn't control his emotions when it came to SU and lost every BC he started at GSU? The one who couldn't hit the side of a barn. (Thanks GR) BTW who took him in the NFL? I only remember Hymes going to the NFL as a WR. He was a much better QB than the SU transfer. The one who couldn't beat out Marcus Jacoby who btw was 2-0 in BC games.

See GSUPE you always talk about stars and the athletes GSU has. But football is a team game. We are like the Patriots. We just get it done. Pete fields a team instead of a collection of individual talent. The most talent most of the time never wins in football. I wonder why.
Actually, Haynes threw the best ball of all the Qbs under Doug (maybe with the exception of Bruce). He could play. Not sure what happened with him and Jacoby, but his TD/INT ratio was stellar (something like 45/13 for close to 4,700yds in two years) on rebuilding teams at Grambling. Haynes went to NFL Europe and was lights out over there.

No need to remind a die-hard Tiger that football is a team game. You see at Grambling, we are, well let ole Roscoe sum it up:

BCSP correspondent Roscoe Nance on the Grambling legacy:

"In football, Grambling is the one name among black colleges that nearly everyone knows. The G-Men's popularity is akin to that of the New York Yankees in Major League Baseball and the old Boston Celtics of the NBA. All three became icons in their sports by being consistent winners."

Like the Celtics with Hondo, Bill, and crew, and the Bronx Bombers with Maris, Dimaggio, etc., Icons have a collection of stars and history of winning a team game. Are you aware Icon Grambling has never gone more than 6 years without a championship (since our inception in the league)?

Winning to SU and Pats are newfound. I even bet the storied franchises of the NFL (i.e. Steelers and Cowboys) would consider the Pats _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _less!

I am suprised of the spunk you express knowing the inconsistency of SU. Should I remind you SU went a period of close to 20 years without a championship. Pretty close to the time period between the end of the Vietnam war (mid 70s) to the end of the Gulf War (early 90s) if I am not mistaken.

When I speak to Jags and they complain about what they feel as $200K being an unjustified salary for Pete -- tears of laughter fill my eyes. I tell them Pete should be given full autonomy of the program, a key to the city of Baton Rouge, Board of Supervisor position, honorary degree, and all other rights and privileges. He is southern university!

GSUperTiger said:
Winning to SU and Pats are newfound. I even bet the storied franchises of the NFL (i.e. Steelers and Cowboys) would consider the Pats _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _less!

I.

New Found?..........Yea Right!
12-0-0
Black College National Champions

10-0-1

10-0-1

10-1-0

9-1-0

Early Bowls

L
01-01-1943
North Carolina A&T
Flower Bowl

W
12-25-1946
Tuskegee (AL)
Yam Bowl

W
12-25-1947
Fort Valley St. (GA)
Yam Bowl

W
San Francisco St. (CA)
Fruit Bowl

He is southern university!

I like how you chumps run from the Ace Mumford Legacy the way Eddie Rob ran from his teacher. :lol:

The Legacy:

Arnett W. "Ace" Mumford (College Hall of Famer)
25 years at S.U.
253 games
W-179 L-61 T-13 Percentage 0.733 (record)
10 SWAC Titles

"He told you what he was going to run and dared you to stop it."

Eddie Rob speaking on Ace Mumford
:lol:

GSUperTiger said:
Say Rock, wanna tally up the wins and championships of SU since Icon Gram entered the SWAC. The answer -- a little secret I will share -- is the root of the word traditionless.

The true reason on why Ace Mumford stopped playing Grambling from the Living Legend Eddie Rob<O:p</O:p

</FONT>

That little link is called: Propaganda

Series Record: S.U. 27 gsu 25

The aforementioned is called: Irrefutable :lol:

"He told you what he was going to run and dared you to stop it."

Eddie Rob speaking on Ace Mumford :lol:

jag4life said:
Houston Texans... sadly this COULD cost Corey Bradford a job, but that's all on Corey to step it up.

Corey only signed a one year deal after there was not much interest in him on the off season, so he is probably gone anyway no matter what happens. He has had a decent run so far in the NFL. His best bet may be to catch on to a playoff type team next year that needs a veteran WR to compliment their young ones. I was hoping Minnesota took a look at him while he was FA this year. But we went with youth with former Baltimore 1st round pick Travis Taylor.

He will do well at the Slot Receiver Position and as a Return Man. Now the Texans has someone to stretch the field.

From what I read on the Texans Web Site. They are going to get real creative with him. Andre Johnson and Mathis, wow. They are really looking for Mathis to kick up a notch the return game.

I know this is late but Spiller is the cream of the crop of the SWAC

If I had a receiver that runs 4.2 speed I'd send him on fly routes too...

Hughes runs all of the intermediate routes and does a good job of it..its only logical

I like 60 & 70 yd TD bombs...how can we get that though? Send Spiller on a fly route... :teleport:

I think we'll have a TRUE freshman starting

I think his name is Hodge from Jim Hill...He's a pure passer & also mobile (I saw him play B-Ball too....good size & quick so he can run too.

I like the prospect...to me Carrie lost more games than he won with the fumbles & INT's. After watching Spiller & Hughes for numerous games...you would understand that THEY won our games...not Carrie.

MACHIAVELLI said:
Bottomline Spiller can catch. The essence of being a receiver is to catch. So you are saying that just because he happens tom catch the long ball means he can't catch a short one :lol:

These receivers, scheduled to play in 2005 are better than Vernon in my opinion:

Spiller---Nope
Edwards--Nope
Hughes---Nope
Abney--- no
Tolbert--- no

Even Cletis Gordon is a better receiver than Vernon. He is good, but not the best.

Man, James Vernon waxed jSUe's secondary single handed. None of the above mentioned receivers can hold a candle to Vernon.

I speak from experience when I say this too!

Brave said:
I think we'll have a TRUE freshman starting

I think his name is Hodge from Jim Hill...He's a pure passer & also mobile (I saw him play B-Ball too....good size & quick so he can run too.

I like the prospect...to me Carrie lost more games than he won with the fumbles & INT's. After watching Spiller & Hughes for numerous games...you would understand that THEY won our games...not Carrie.

I thought that boy name was Tony Hobson???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back