Hampton's Jerome Mathis: I Will Be The Best Out of This Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
MACHIAVELLI said:
For Alcorn Spiller is the deep threat, Hughes is the underneath guy. The same can be said for Vernon..all he catches are the shorter routes. Again I am not saying he is not good receiver. Vernon had more dropped balls than Spiller.
The only game I remembered that Vernon droped a pass was the South Dakota State game. That is so not true about Vernon and the shorter routes. In our offense we don't throw deep that often.Trust me I attended ever Southern game and JV was double and triple teamed(AAMU and Alabama St) the entire season. Email me your address I want you to see this tape.

JROCK said:
I am not sure that Vernon is "the best" receiver in the SWAC. However, I am sure that there are not 5 receivers in the conference better than him. Personally, If I had to choose the top receiver, Vernon would be my guy. Not only does he have great hands but he is a threat to score any time he touches the ball and has blazing speed. If S.U. offense stay healthy through out the season, we are capable of beating EVERY team on the schedule. The one thing that I believe S.U. needs to do is get better on defense. NO ONE on the schedule will stop S.U. offense barring large amounts of injuries. All of you all will get a good dose of Huff, Steele, Bryant, Vernon, Overstreet and Joseph among others (yea we rolling like that :lol: ). The QB core is the most heralded and deep as I have seen in years. The offensive line will be quite formidable.

The Revolution WILL be televised! :lol:
SU can put their former All-SWAC players from the last 5 years on this team, and not be as talented as Grambling. SU's season will be over by the time the BC rolls. SU still can not stop any team from scoring. A senior-laden defense could not get it done -- skeptical at best to think an inexperienced crew can get it done (too many holes to fill and too much power from the 2005 SWAC Champs in Iconland).

Now Vernon gets good separation from DBs (was open many times in the BC -- although covered mostly by the nickel DB), but SU's Qbs never can get the ball consistently to WRs. 4.2 speed in the 40 is the standard for Grambling Dbs -- WRs will have to be exceptional route runners to beat our Dbs.

GSUperTiger said:
SU can put their former All-SWAC players from the last 5 years on this team, and not be as talented as Grambling. SU's season will be over by the time the BC rolls. SU still can not stop any team from scoring. A senior-laden defense could not get it done -- skeptical at best to think an inexperienced crew can get it done (too many holes to fill and too much power from the 2005 SWAC Champs in Iconland).

Now Vernon gets good separation from DBs (was open many times in the BC -- although covered mostly by the nickel DB), but SU's Qbs never can get the ball consistently to WRs. 4.2 speed in the 40 is the standard for Grambling Dbs -- WRs will have to be exceptional route runners to beat our Dbs.

I am still of the opinion that the BC game was given to Gram to keep it interesting and appease the viewing audience. :lol: We did not play S.U. football.

GSUperTiger said:

Thinking Bayou Classic 2003. 500 plus yards thru the air. You are really funny :lmao: :lmao:

JROCK said:
I am still of the opinion that the BC game was given to Gram to keep it interesting and appease the viewing audience. :lol:
This game is too emotional. You truly never know who is going to win. It is still a Gram/SU battle for the Gramblingham -- prepare for the battle.

JROCK said:
I am still of the opinion that the BC game was given to Gram to keep it interesting and appease the viewing audience. :lol: We did not play S.U. football.
all you have to do is look at the replay. We never made any adjustment. The fix was on. :shame:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
all you have to do is look at the replay. We never made any adjustment. The fix was on. :shame:

I hate to go there but :nod:. Dean Pete may run up the scores this year on them. :lol:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
all you have to do is look at the replay. The fix was on. :shame:

I saw the replay of the 2 knees down on the 2 yard line and the ref signals TD ....yeah the fix was on.

So the fix was on huh? No adjustments were made? I guess SWAC games have been fixed conference-wide the last 20 years. Carry on.....

MACHIAVELLI said:
I saw the replay of the 2 knees down on the 2 yard line and the ref signals TD ....yeah the fix was on.
The boss sent the word and we had to follow. Trust me there will be no fix this season. You have had your victory for the century. :winkgrin:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
The only game I remembered that Vernon droped a pass was the South Dakota State game. That is so not true about Vernon and the shorter routes. In our offense we don't throw deep that often.Trust me I attended ever Southern game and JV was double and triple teamed(AAMU and Alabama St) the entire season. Email me your address I want you to see this tape.

You have selective short term memory. The same excuse you are giving about your offense is the same one I am giving about Alcorns they had 2 guys with 98 recpetions, 1,892 passing yards and 13 td's and you want me to think they are all long balls. You want to say that all Spiller can do is catch the long ball, but even though Vernon is a shorter yardage receiver he can do both. He can and so can Spiller.

MACHIAVELLI said:
You have selective short term memory. The same excuse you are giving about your offense is the same one I am giving about Alcorns they had 2 guys with 98 recpetions, 1,892 passing yards and 13 td's and you want me to think they are all long balls. You want to say that all Spiller can do is catch the long ball, but even though Vernon is a shorter yardage receiver he can do both. He can and so can Spiller.
Vernon caught plenty deep passes this past season. Remember I went to all of Southern's games. I have saw Spiller play 3 times and I have not saw him run a short route. All he does is run fly routes. He is very good at what he does but all im saying is that Vernon is a better receiver. Vernon has moves that I have not seen in a long, long time. Vernon can start ,stop ,and change direction in a dime. Vernon also runs perfect routes and is not affraid to go across the middle. One thing that is going to hurt Spiller is that he doesn't have any one to throw him the ball this season. That dude they have at Qb can't throw a lick. He can run like a deer but can't throw.

MACHIAVELLI said:
He may be the fastest out of that group, but not the best. I wish him well.
Mathis may not be the best but he is up there. His value is increased by his special teams ability also. You should have saw the allstar game he was in. He was killing them big school player.

mighty hornet said:
downright sad!!!!
:smh:

LOL,

This is a perfect time to apply the 'fix' excu-- uh, logic to aid my own cause:

When SU scored on the first play from scrimmage against JSU last year, it was obvious to me that the fix was on. Gee, it works. :D

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Vernon caught plenty deep passes this past season. Remember I went to all of Southern's games. I have saw Spiller play 3 times and I have not saw him run a short route. All he does is run fly routes. .

What do you consider a deep pass? I went to 1 game where southern was involved, but I know that vernon dropped passes in more than just the Jack Rabbits game. I am not talking about just 1 or 2 ball hitting him in the hands drops. Vernons hands are suspect. That is just my opinion. I am not trying to convince you to change your mind.

HBCUs said:
LOL,

This is a perfect time to apply the 'fix' excu-- uh, logic to aid my own cause:

When SU scored on the first play from scrimmage against JSU last year, it was obvious to me that the fix was on. Gee, it works. :D
:tdown: No fix just JAMES BELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back