GSU talking to Houston about football game

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeese72 said:
I hadn't even planned on bringing up the McNeese-Southern game, I was just commenting on our luck scheduling lately. But the above statement does steam me a little.

Do you realize how the home and home arrangement works? Team A travels to Team B. Team B gets to keep all its revenues for the game and Team A has to pay its travel, hotel, and food expenses for the trip but doesn't get any revenue. Then the next time around Team B travels to Team A. Team A keeps all the revenue for the home game and recoups its expenses for traveling the year before. Team B uses some of its revenue from the year before to pay its traveling, hotel, and food expenses.

Since we were Team A in this scenario, we traveled to Southern and had the traveling, hotel, and food expenses and Southern collected all of the gate, etc. So, now since Southern hasn't (or isn't ???) going to return the game, we are out of the expenses for our trip and Southern gets to keep all their revenue for the game. And, since the hurricane was the reason for the cancellation, so far they aren't paying the normal (which is still too small) $50,000 buyout clause, we usually put in our home and home contracts.

Pretty sweet deal for Southern. Can any of you guys see where this isn't right and might have something to do with the McNeese fans getting a little sour on Southern? The deal just doesn't go down right.

Later,
Doc

Maybe the best solution is to start all over again. McNeese should come to Baton Rouge in 2007 and we will return the trip in 2008. Maybe the aforementioned would change some of McNeese's bad scheduling karma. :lol: :emlaugh:

It ain't too hard out there for a pimp. Pete realizes with deteriorating talent, he must simply hedge his investment. Some may call this ingenious, then there are some that see face value -- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _less.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSUperTiger said:
It ain't too hard out there for a pimp. Pete realizes with deteriorating talent, he must simply hedge his investment. Some may call this ingenious, then there are some that see face value -- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _less.

What would you call Doug shaggin azz to play Langston......

Coun_ _ _. :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
What would you call Doug shaggin azz to play Langston......

Philantropy.:lol: :emlaugh:

Despite winning 3 championships in six seasons, Doug was a believer in giving back. Simply having Icon Gram on the schedule gives a team instant credibility and worth.

Think about what being known as the school the plays Icon Grambling post Thanksgiving does for obscure Southern University? For four hours every year SU is given the opportunity to experience what Icon Gram endures every hour of the day.

GSUperTiger said:
Despite winning 3 championships in six seasons, Doug was a believer in giving back. Simply having Icon Gram on the schedule gives a team instant credibility and worth.

Think about what being known as the school the plays Icon Grambling post Thanksgiving does for obscure Southern University? For four hours every year SU is given the opportunity to experience what Icon Gram endures every hour of the day.

Only a deviant child would refer to their "DADDY" as obscure. :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
Maybe the best solution is to start all over again. McNeese should come to Baton Rouge in 2007 and we will return the trip in 2008. Maybe the aforementioned would change some of McNeese's bad scheduling karma. :lol: :emlaugh:

Nope, that doesn't work financially because we would still be out the money we spent going to Southern in 2004. We would have to play a game in Lake Charles to even things up before we would start over with a new home and home series.

McNeese72 said:
I hadn't even planned on bringing up the McNeese-Southern game, I was just commenting on our luck scheduling lately. But the above statement does steam me a little.

Do you realize how the home and home arrangement works? Team A travels to Team B. Team B gets to keep all its revenues for the game and Team A has to pay its travel, hotel, and food expenses for the trip but doesn't get any revenue. Then the next time around Team B travels to Team A. Team A keeps all the revenue for the home game and recoups its expenses for traveling the year before. Team B uses some of its revenue from the year before to pay its traveling, hotel, and food expenses.

Since we were Team A in this scenario, we traveled to Southern and had the traveling, hotel, and food expenses and Southern collected all of the gate, etc. So, now since Southern hasn't (or isn't ???) going to return the game, we are out of the expenses for our trip and Southern gets to keep all their revenue for the game. And, since the hurricane was the reason for the cancellation, so far they aren't paying the normal (which is still too small) $50,000 buyout clause, we usually put in our home and home contracts.

Pretty sweet deal for Southern. Can any of you guys see where this isn't right and might have something to do with the McNeese fans getting a little sour on Southern? The deal just doesn't go down right.

Later,
Doc

I don't think Richardson is gonna play yall...Despite his restoring SU to championships after many years of being kinda middle of the pack, he still doesn't really have real job security. If he manages to have a winning season and beat Grambling, they will sign him to a 3 year extension. Under that scenario, it means he will be gone after the 07 season. Maybe the new coach will play yall.

Maybe it just me, but having Grambling in Houston on the same weekend as PV/Southern in Houston harms the PV Gate. GSU could have been more obliging but I guess no one in the conference works together. We just like crabs in a bucket..........

KCPVPanther

MikeBigg said:
I don't think Richardson is gonna play yall...Despite his restoring SU to championships after many years of being kinda middle of the pack,

Modesty at it best..SU had a drought ranging from Watergate to the Magic Johnson HIV conference without championship. Middle of the pack -- huh -- more like deep in the abyss!

GSUperTiger said:
Modesty at it best..SU had a drought ranging from Watergate to the Magic Johnson HIV conference without championship. Middle of the pack -- huh -- more like deep in the abyss!

What a pair of handkerchief heads. :lol: :emlaugh: (BTW.....Nixon last year as president was 74; Your SUperior was SWAC Champions in 75)

For the Record Einstein

S.U. All Time Record.........511-291-28
*ram All Time Record.........481-203-16 it must be noted that your all time wins are suspect because of a plethora of "unknown" opponents. :lol: :emlaugh:......... you imbeciles have at least 20 wins that you've claimed but can't name the opponents......... :lol: :emlaugh:

KCPVPanther said:
Maybe it just me, but having Grambling in Houston on the same weekend as PV/Southern in Houston harms the PV Gate. GSU could have been more obliging but I guess no one in the conference works together. We just like crabs in a bucket..........

KCPVPanther
If PV finds a place to play in H-Town there won't be a problem, although hotels that weekend are high as L.

KCPVPanther said:

KCPVPanther

Maybe we can catch two games (depending on the starting times)....

MikeBigg said:
I don't think Richardson is gonna play yall...Despite his restoring SU to championships after many years of being kinda middle of the pack, he still doesn't really have real job security. If he manages to have a winning season and beat Grambling, they will sign him to a 3 year extension. Under that scenario, it means he will be gone after the 07 season. Maybe the new coach will play yall.

So MikeBi** when is *ram going to play them again? Dougs not's their anymore is he?

McNeese72 said:
Nope, that doesn't work financially because we would still be out the money we spent going to Southern in 2004. We would have to play a game in Lake Charles to even things up before we would start over with a new home and home series.

Why are you worrying about the money? Don't you all participate in the playoffs every year for pride?

bluedog said:
Why are you worrying about the money? Don't you all participate in the playoffs every year for pride?

You "shole" have a strong point there blue. :lol: :emlaugh:

:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
KCPVPanther said:

KCPVPanther

Not really. NO ONE will be at any GSU game, until the Bayou Classic. :wavey:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL !!!!!!!

PRIDE !!!!!

DAYUM YOU CHRIS FONTENOT !!!!!!!:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

BTW: PETE will not play mcneese again!!! Pimpin' Pete will run forever. You think he wants any part albany state.

Is virginia state an early game???

STC_60 said:
LOL !!!!!!!

PRIDE !!!!!

DAYUM YOU CHRIS FONTENOT !!!!!!!:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

BTW: PETE will not play mcneese again!!! Pimpin' Pete will run forever. You think he wants any part albany state.

Is virginia state an early game???

Dude everyone knows why we didn't play McNeese and Albany........Katrina.

Also everyone knows why *ram ran from McNeeese and Hampton in the Urban League Classic............COWARDS. :lol: :emlaugh:
Myopia.........is a helluva a drug! :retard:

JROCK said:
Maybe we can catch two games (depending on the starting times)....

Please keep those MUMFORD RATS away from our game...... We all know those powder blue fans are not nice to sit around at any game anywhere...

JROCK said:
Dude everyone knows why we didn't play McNeese and Albany........Katrina.

Also everyone knows why *ram ran from McNeeese and Hampton in the Urban League Classic............COWARDS. :lol: :emlaugh:
Myopia.........is a helluva a drug! :retard:

Alright !!!

No make-up date or nothin!!

Pete knew exactly whatr he was doin just like alcorn knew what they doin. Pete knew dayum well he would 2 "L" s!!!

EVERYONE ELSE SEEMED TO RESCHEDULE GAMES AND SOUTHERN JUST FLAT OUT SCRAPS 2 OF THIER BEST MOST COMPETITVE GAMES !!!

PETE = COWARD

ARE Y'ALL PLAYING VIRGINIA STATE EARLY OR LATE IN THE SEASON WHEN IT USUALLY HARD TO GET A GOOD OPPONENT CAUSE OF OTHER CONFERENCE STRETCHES GOIN ON???

I AM JUST ASKING:D !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back