Grambling targeting Art Briles as offensive coordinator (per Football Scoop) [UPDATE - Officially hired!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Football wise his inclusion would account for a hell of a staff. Hue’s offensive mind coupled with Briles is a potential dominating combination. His Baylor teams ran circles around Big 12 foes.

His taking a blind eye at Baylor can be a testament to others. I am trusting Hue and Dr. Scott on this one and not cast the first stone. Regardless, HueJack is showing his hand and doing everything against the grain.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That #2 Defense was exposed during the Celebration Bowl.
I agree - South Carolina State was the better team on that day.

Which SWAC team finished ranked 19th in the FCS Coaches Poll?

Which SWAC teams finished ranked 22nd and 25th in the STATS FCS Poll?

I am for Briles this gets him back on the college level. He would take this job for minimal money and work his tale off the prove doubters wrong. Won’t be any backlash when he starts lighting up scoreboards across the SWAC. He would be a short term stop gap because if excels I can see him getting a coaching job on the FCS level quickly. If Gallot and Dr. Scott approve I will be fine with it.

I see you gsu.. the time to grab him would be now so that he can get his guys in. No matter the coach you'll still need the players. Hal Mumme, Dennis Thurman, Hue Jackson etc already proved that.

I promise you if they hire ART BRILES, it makes the annoying THEEions and SPAMU stans look like nunns

We can go and help rehabilitate ART BRILES but the Cole Brothers or Spears can't even get coordinator jobs at our schools. We know damn well they ain't doing the same for someone who looks like us who did the same thing

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I promise you if they hire ART BRILES, it makes the annoying THEEions and SPAMU stans look like nunns

We can go and help rehabilitate ART BRILES but the Cole Brothers or Spears can't even get coordinator jobs at our schools. We know damn well they ain't doing the same for someone who looks like us who did the same thing

The swac has two teams that are ranked respectfully #2 and #10 in total defense in all of FCS.

There’s some talented defenses in the conference. We have a new staff so there’s some unknown. But we are very optimistic that we will be a good team. If things fall into place we might get to be a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back