Former Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores sues NFL, alleges racism in hiring practices

Tomlin didn't make this hire. The Rooneys made this hire. The Rooneys are white liberals who started all this mischief with the Rooney Rule. So, the Rooneys are taking one for the NFL by hiring Flores. I still don't see the racism behind Flores' lawsuit.

Tomlin didn't make this hire. The Rooneys made this hire. The Rooneys are white liberals who started all this mischief with the Rooney Rule. So, the Rooneys are taking one for the NFL by hiring Flores. I still don't see the racism behind Flores' lawsuit.

Can you provide more info on the mischief statement?

The Rooney's have been trying to move the NFL owners into fair treatment of minority coaches for years. This nothing new for the Rooney family. They know the rest of the owners would lock Flores out of the league....so they stepped up to buck the establishment again. They showing actions to go along with their talk.

All we have do is produce and win. The rest will take care of itself.

We have had black coaches win and still get shown the door and have to wait to get another shot. Meanwhile we have see white guys get shot after shot after shot with bad records and post seasons. In all sports.

Should the Rooney Rule should be eliminated or investigated further?

Get rid of it. It does nothing but offer token interviews.

It's one thing to interview folks and you do it because you are casting a wide net.
It's another when you KNOW who you want and just doing it out of being required to.

If black coaches are NOT getting shots-SOMEONE has to have the BALLS to explain why. Lets get it out there in the open. So some of these fake woke black players can SHUT UP.

How many of them actually WANT to play for a black coach??? For all those players screaming black power-they sure are NOT helping Stephen Silas, Dwayne Casey, Jamahl Mosley, Willie Green, Alvin Gentry & Wes Unseld Jr in the NBA.

We have had black coaches win and still get shown the door and have to wait to get another shot. Meanwhile we have see white guys get shot after shot after shot with bad records and post seasons. In all sports.

Get rid of it. It does nothing but offer token interviews.

It's one thing to interview folks and you do it because you are casting a wide net.
It's another when you KNOW who you want and just doing it out of being required to.

If black coaches are NOT getting shots-SOMEONE has to have the BALLS to explain why. Lets get it out there in the open. So some of these fake woke black players can SHUT UP.

How many of them actually WANT to play for a black coach??? For all those players screaming black power-they sure are NOT helping Stephen Silas, Dwayne Casey, Jamahl Mosley, Willie Green, Alvin Gentry & Wes Unseld Jr in the NBA.

I See The LIGHT! Great Response!

Reasons I love my Steelers. This hire is going to make our defense special next season I truly believe it.
I'm a new fan of them now and I can't believe it. As an old Oiler fan, I've hated the Steelers for more than forty years.

As a black man, I will not be caught going against two other black men standing strong in a racist space and situation such as NFL black head coach hiring practices.

Last edited:

It seems as if the Rooney Rule was the elephant in the room. In this case, Flores going on bogus interviews and the text from Bill Belichick confirmed there was an elephant in the room. Not sure if he will win the case; however, the attention is there. I am not shocked that America is pretending to be shocked that this was happening.

It seems as if the Rooney Rule was the elephant in the room. In this case, Flores going on bogus interviews and the text from Bill Belichick confirmed there was an elephant in the room. Not sure if he will win the case; however, the attention is there. I am not shocked that America is pretending to be shocked that this was happening.
The Rooney Rule has exposed the degree of the problem. Prior to the Rooney Rule black men rarely were considered for a simple interview. Don't let these self-hating negroes and imposters commenting on this topic fool you.

The Rooney Rule is basically just another form of tokenism.

MWG,,

I agree with the token interviews; however, the Rooney rule has exposed what we have already known about the hiring process. I am a die hard Steelers' fan and especially proud that Flores is a member of Steelers' Nation.

MWG,,

I agree with the token interviews; however, the Rooney rule has exposed what we have already known about the hiring process. I am a die hard Steelers' fan and especially proud that Flores is a member of Steelers' Nation.
Fellow steeler fan… see I knew you was a good brother

It's six months after former Dolphins coach Brian Flores filed a class-action lawsuit against the league, accusing the New York Giants and Denver Broncos of conducting sham interviews in order to fulfill Rooney Rule requirements, and charging the Dolphins with incentivizing losses and applying pressure to improperly recruit Tom Brady.

While I agree that the good ol boy network is at play, Eric doesn't get credit because folks know Andy Reid is the architect of that offense.

Back