Election Day 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you honestly think any Democrat stands a chance in Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas?

Especially a Black one. Add South Carolina to that list. I hope Jamie Harrison found somewhere to land with that $57million he raised atleast

So I was out fishing Sunday evening. I got to talking to a few white boys I talk to time to time when I'm out that way fishing. I asked them why are you voting for Tommy Tuberville. They said he just represents Alabama values. So I asked them what is Alabama values and why doesn't Doug Jones have Alabama values. They didn't have a answer. So that told me all I needed to know. Alabama values is basically keeping the laws against minorities.

This does not surprise me at all. Lets face it, blacks and browns do not necessary share the same interests. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we should not try to work with them, but........
The Dems had been losing support from Black and Latinos in large numbers since 2008. These people feel either ignored, disrespected or in some cases feel like the party just doesn't try to connect with them.

This does not surprise me at all. Lets face it, blacks and browns do not necessary share the same interests. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we should not try to work with them, but........

I'll say it. Black (FBA) people should be only focusing on US and not some made up "coalition" that only beneifts them. And not just Cubans but Hispanic people in general with the numbers to back it up. Everyone wants to focus on 10% of black people who voted for Trump instead of the more than double that did (with a larger population)

The CBC (many non-FBA) loves going to bat for immigrants and illegal but the Hispanic caucus never mentions us

If black people stopped letting everyone else (Hispanics, LGBT, immigrants etc) piggyback off the strides and hard work our ancestors put in, we would be in a better spot

The Dems had been losing support from Black and Latinos in large numbers since 2008. These people feel either ignored, disrespected or in some cases feel like the party just doesn't try to connect with them.

But can't you say the same about the Republican Party? I damn sure can. But anyway, that's just me.

I'll say it. Black (FBA) people should be only focusing on US and not some made up "coalition" that only beneifts them. And not just Cubans but Hispanic people in general with the numbers to back it up. Everyone wants to focus on 10% of black people who voted for Trump instead of the more than double that did (with a larger population)

The CBC (many non-FBA) loves going to bat for immigrants and illegal but the Hispanic caucus never mentions us

If black people stopped letting everyone else (Hispanics, LGBT, immigrants etc) piggyback off the strides and hard work our ancestors put in, we would be in a better spot

Even a lot of black Christians flipped but we’ve always been open and accepting since time began and burned at the end

Example

Some hbcu alums - rather send their kid to a racist environment to make it seem like their kid made it rather to keep traditions alive and now have a lost kid

But can't you say the same about the Republican Party? I damn sure can. But anyway, that's just me.
I'll use Flint as an example. Folks were wondering why it went red last night even though it's populated by disenfranchised residents. Well, the water crisis happened under democratic leadership. And Obama going up there when he was POTUS and making a mockery of the situation didn't make it any better. Of course, the GOP doesn't give a shit about poor people or black people. But those folks in Flint had enough of being disappointed by the Dems. It's the same with the Latin voters in Florida. Dems didn't even reach out to them that much in campaigns.

When you run a campaign trying to appeal to conservative moderates, you're going to risk alienating minorities and progressives. And that's what happened in 2016 and happened in 2020. We saw Trump make gains with black and brown voters because of that.

Biden won Maine but only got 3 of the 4 electoral votes. Biden leads 227-213. Biden needs 43 votes to win

Black people ask everything of the Dem party, but ask nothing of the Republican party. Look Trump is doing major damage to black people. The federal government employees over 60% of black people in professional positions. Trump has asked that federal government agencies end that. So who is going to suffer the most? Black people. At some point the reparations check crowd gotta realize they are only hurting themselves for a check that ain't happening.

At some point the reparations check crowd gotta realize they are only hurting themselves for a check that ain't happening.
CEE, don't get me started on reparation. I think that is the biggest waste of time. But that's a whole nother thread. Look, I am not saying it should not happen I am just saying it will not appen.

I'll use Flint as an example. Folks were wondering why it went red last night even though it's populated by disenfranchised residents. Well, the water crisis happened under democratic leadership. And Obama going up there when he was POTUS and making a mockery of the situation didn't make it any better. Of course, the GOP doesn't give a shit about poor people or black people. But those folks in Flint had enough of being disappointed by the Dems. It's the same with the Latin voters in Florida. Dems didn't even reach out to them that much in campaigns.

When you run a campaign trying to appeal to conservative moderates, you're going to risk alienating minorities and progressives. And that's what happened in 2016 and happened in 2020. We saw Trump make gains with black and brown voters because of that.

The governor during the Flint water crisis was a Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back