Birmingham Southern to close down in May

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Maybe we do need another campus with ready-made dorms. AAMU admitted over 2,500 new students, taking enrollment over or near 7,000k for the first time.
View: https://youtu.be/GIcZQMdTwSE?si=Z_mwikvKJzDwvaDp
I saw this and I was very proud. We already know, not every school, especially HBCUs are enjoying such prosperity. I'm now 8th months in continual learning at a much smaller, private, and religious HBCU institution. I'm understanding more and more and more what it has taken for the HBCUs that are still standing to survive. My eyes are indeed open like never before.

I say all of the above to emphasis, even in this season of prosperity, we got to continue to dot the i's and cross the t's. The powers that be do hate and will wait for the slightest mistake, slip up, scandal, or whatever to expose and take away all credibility.

Anyhow, I'm so proud to be a 2XHBCU alum and to now be employed by another.

May all of our schools continue to thrive!

I tried to tell y'all to follow the money/paper trail. UAB purposely blocked A&M because they knew we are trying to get a school of Dentistry. This is how this going to play out. University of Huntsville will have a joint program that turned into a full dentist school in less than five years. They did the same thing with UAH latching on to Alabama for an MBA masters program then UAH all of a sudden had one. A&M dropped it's engineering technology department now UNA and UAH has one. Stop letting these white people play with you. White people are strategic in what they do and we fall for it all the time. A&M had the only ROTC program in Huntsville for decades. The talk was always why doesn't UAH have one because all the kids from UAH got commissioned at A&M and took military science classes. Well guess what UAH now has an Air force ROTC program starting this fall. Stop being naive for these people.

I tried to tell y'all to follow the money/paper trail. UAB purposely blocked A&M because they knew we are trying to get a school of Dentistry. This is how this going to play out. University of Huntsville will have a joint program that turned into a full dentist school in less than five years. They did the same thing with UAH latching on to Alabama for an MBA masters program then UAH all of a sudden had one. A&M dropped it's engineering technology department now UNA and UAH has one. Stop letting these white people play with you. White people are strategic in what they do and we fall for it all the time. A&M had the only ROTC program in Huntsville for decades. The talk was always why doesn't UAH have one because all the kids from UAH got commissioned at A&M and took military science classes. Well guess what UAH now has an Air force ROTC program starting this fall. Stop being naive for these people.

I said the same thing

As far as blocking programs, Valley feels your pain. The state has blocked Valley and JSU from starting nursing schools for YEARS because they know that probably means we would never close especially with feeder JUCOs near Valley (CCC (a HBCU), MDCC (a PBI) and Holmes)

While they are trying to spite Valley, Delta State's enrollment is plummeting and fighting to stay open because they tried to be Ole Miss lite and ran students off

Delta State used to have their own ROTC program after starting one for the same reasons at AAMU. Now they're back to collaborating with Valley

White supremacy gonna white supremacy

Back