Birmingham Southern to close down in May

Don't call anything I say a lie. You should read history rather than just coming up with some outlandish opinion devoid of facts. You were not the only one in this fight. I suggest you become well read on a subject before attempt to immune some other person's knowledge based upon research and study.

In your view to protect white people in the black Alabama way you post articles which is a front that Redstone does to make the feel good black person smile. The number of people that were hired in numbers as engineers on Redstone and it's DoD companies does not correlate with the article. Yes they hired business majors but not black engineers. Thanks for the articles though that were hand picked stories. lol None of those articles shows the reality of the truth about black engineers regardless of what University they attended getting hired on Redstone. They have always will always hand pick the blacks they want. I understand there are some people who live in fantasy land for a feel good story, but I'm a numbers guy. Sorry. You are trying to make it seems like Redstone had open arms for AAMU. It didn't in 1960 and it does not in 2024. You can post all the articles you want but the numbers show a correlation of truth and reality. Bottom line is UAH is the only white show in town. UAH is frowned upon outside of Huntsville but because its the only great white hype like Catlin Clark in town they get the research and funding dollars. In engineering a program is judged on the amount of research and dollars that come into it's department. Why hasn't the love you claim they had for us turn into research dollars? I still find it amazing this dude is saying German Nazis had a love for black people. lol I forget though that I live in a state where black people cherish a University that fought to keep black people out for decades and admire a coach who didn't want a black person on his team until he got embarrassed by one, Segregation today. Segregation tomorrow, Segregation forever. Roll Tide lol

Last edited:
In your view to protect white people in the black Alabama way you post articles which is a front that Redstone does to make the feel good black person smile. The number of people that were hired in numbers as engineers on Redstone and it's DoD companies does not correlate with the article. Yes they hired business majors but not black engineers. Thanks for the articles though that were hand picked stories. lol None of those articles shows the reality of the truth about black engineers regardless of what University they attended getting hired on Redstone. They have always will always hand pick the blacks they want. I understand there are some people who live in fantasy land for a feel good story, but I'm a numbers guy. Sorry. You are trying to make it seems like Redstone had open arms for AAMU. It didn't in 1960 and it does not in 2024. You can post all the articles you want but the numbers show a correlation of truth and reailty.
Where did I say NASA ,had an open arm to blacks? I know about discrimination at NASA and everywhere else in Alabama. The discussion was about Von Braun's efforts to bring black in despite the racial attitudes in Alabama.

I also know about President Johnson,'s threat to move NASA from Huntsville to Houston if NASA did not hire more blacks. That is what brought about the integration of Huntsville.

Stop this bullshit about trying to.protect white people. You just did not know the history and when called out trying to change the discussion. Just know I know my history and stop trying to refute it with off-handed opinions devoid of facts.

Where did I say NASA ,had an open arm to blacks? I know about discrimination at NASA and everywhere else in Alabama. The discussion was about Von Braun's efforts to bring black in despite the racial attitudes in Alabama.

I also know about President Johnson,'s threat to move NASA from Huntsville to Houston if NASA did not hire more blacks. That is what brought about the integration of Huntsville.

Stop this bullshit about trying to.protect white people. You just did not know the history and when called out trying to change the discussion. Just know I know my history and stop trying to refute it with off-handed opinions devoid of facts.
Just keep wearing your Alabama outfits and yelling Roll Tide. It's okay. It's the Alabama way. Roll Tide! lol

Just keep wearing your Alabama outfits and yelling Roll Tide. It's okay. It's the Alabama way. Roll Tide! lol
For the second time, stop this bs. You never saw me wear any Alabama outfits or yell roll tide. I wore A&M gear when I was down there in law school.

Last edited:
lol the éléphant in the room is where did Miles get all this money from all of a sudden???...you even got Miles alumni asking that question...it's looking real fugazy like Miles got some help from some white folks or a PWI that doesn't want Alabama A&M's brand to grow...ijs🧐😭🤣

lol the éléphant in the room is where did Miles get all this money from all of a sudden???...you even got Miles alumni asking that question...it's looking real fugazy like Miles got some help from some white folks or a PWI that doesn't want Alabama A&M's brand to grow...ijs🧐😭🤣
Barack Obama GIF by GIPHY News

I thought Miles made the bid with other smaller HBCUs in the state. It will be interesting to see what the plans are for the school property. I know one thing, from a sports stand point, I would make sure all the equipment is accounted for as that can either be reused for Miles or sold off for cash.

Don't worry maybe the Nazi Germany scientist offsprings will help........
I'm willing to bet the campus will eventually detiorate especially in that neighborhood..Miles might as well move their main campus from Fairfield...the facilities are better...

I'm willing to bet the campus will eventually detiorate especially in that neighborhood..Miles might as well move their main campus from Fairfield...the facilities are better...

Can they survive without leaving Fairfield? If Miles remains in Fairfield, I think Alabama A&M just needs to sit back until Miles eventually begins to look for a way out. Similar to the way some HBCUs moved up a class athletically, but had to step back where they felt more comfortable financially.

Can they survive without leaving Fairfield? If Miles remains in Fairfield, I think Alabama A&M just needs to sit back until Miles eventually begins to look for a way out. Similar to the way some HBCUs moved up a class athletically, but had to step back where they felt more comfortable financially.
The city of Fairfield is already on its last leg… If Miles leaves Fairfield it will collapse . The BSC campus is MUCH nicer than Miles current campus.

The city of Fairfield is already on its last leg… If Miles leaves Fairfield it will collapse . The BSC campus is MUCH nicer than Miles current campus.
It'll be interesting to see what they do for football. While BSC's facilities are nicer, their football stadium seats less than 2k while Miles current stadium is more than 8k. Do you think they will continue to play in Fairfield? Use BSC's stadium for smaller games and move bigger games across the street to Legion Field? Is Rickwood Field an option with room for 10k?

It'll be interesting to see what they do for football. While BSC's facilities are nicer, their football stadium seats less than 2k while Miles current stadium is more than 8k. Do you think they will continue to play in Fairfield? Use BSC's stadium for smaller games and move bigger games across the street to Legion Field? Is Rickwood Field an option with room for 10k?
It all depends on what they decided to do with the campus, but at least they get all the sports equipment and I would be looking to sell off the BSC jerseys on ebay or something to raise some extra cash for athletics.

I don't think they will go back and forth at playing at different stadiums, just because of the cost associated with it. I did remember that Miles said they has a plan to get 1,000 students on the sight at BSC. I remember when Delaware State purchased a PWI that they simple turn the PWI football field to the permanent home for other sports rather than moving the football team to that stadium. What help them is that the PWI was located in the same city as them and thus consolidation was easier to do.

Last edited:
It all depends on what they decided to do with the campus, but at least they get all the sports equipment and I would be looking to sell off the BSC jerseys on ebay or something to raise some extra cash for athletics.

I don't think they will go back and forth at playing at different stadiums, just because of the cost associated with it. I did remember that Miles said they has a plan to get 1,000 students on the sight at BSC. I remember when Delaware State purchased a PWI that they simple turn the PWI football field to the permanent home for other sports rather than moving the football team to that stadium. What help them is that the PWI was located in the same city as them and thus consolidation was easier to do.
BSC already sold all of that. They had auctions and their alums bought all of that stuff up. This situation a lil different… If Miles moves that campus rot away. Nobody else wants to buy a school in the middle of the hood of a poor city like Fairfield. Legion could be an option since its less than a Mile away from BSC.

That's a little different, DSU acquire Wesley in a merger (taking on all of their students and faculty) and turned Wesley into a downtown branch campus. This would be more like what AAMU wanted to do. Miles is planning to relocate their entire campus from Fairfield to BSC.

That's a little different, DSU acquire Wesley in a merger (taking on all of their students and faculty) and turned Wesley into a downtown branch campus. This would be more like what AAMU wanted to do. Miles is planning to relocate their entire campus from Fairfield to BSC.
Wow, I did not know that it was done deal that Miles are going to move their whole campus to BSC. I wonder are they going to sell off their old campus and would their be any buyers for it at a fair market rate.

BSC already sold all of that. They had auctions and their alums bought all of that stuff up. This situation a lil different… If Miles moves that campus rot away. Nobody else wants to buy a school in the middle of the hood of a poor city like Fairfield. Legion could be an option since its less than a Mile away from BSC.
who owns Legion field and do you think Miles would purchase it and just use BSC football stadium as practice field? In my lifetime I never witness a HBCU moving their entire campus to a different location and I am curious how this whole process is going to workout.

who owns Legion field and do you think Miles would purchase it and just use BSC football stadium as practice field? In my lifetime I never witness a HBCU moving their entire campus to a different location and I am curious how this whole process is going to workout.

The City of Birmingham owns Legion Field. Because of the condition that Legion Field is in, it would not make any sense for them to purchase that stadium.

In 1988, Bishop College shut it doors forever. 2 years later, Paul Quinn College moved its from Waco to Dallas, Texas and took over the former campus of Bishop College.

Back