Big City vs. Little Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm D-Nice,

You sound like one of dem city boys who used to come to country during the summer, talking smack, complaining bout everything, and end up getting a good ole arse kicking by one or more country boys!

btw,
yall city boys couldn't play sports worth a damn either
LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good topic of discussion. Will someone please send me some of those purple shell peas and butter beans before I die reading about them. I was born in New Orleans and move to Scotlandville when I was 6. Lived in the avenue, back then they called it the field b/c that's all it was. Sugar cane, greens, tomatoe, etc growing everywhere. I spent my summers with my grandparents in St Francisville (Soliltude). Every morning going across the road to Miss Sarah for those brown eggs, picking black berries and watching out for the snakes, chasing the cows, pears trees, meeting the local gurls at the sweet shop in the evening or at the daily church revial. Although my grandparents are both decease I have plenty of older relative there and still stop on my way to Tallulah to visit my wife family. One of my best country trip have to be the Thanksgiving I spent in Gilbert. Do anyone remember the Turkey Bowl football games on Thanksgiving morning at the local H.S. against Gilbert and Winnsboro/Wisner? Great times up North La.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Nucka you got nerve to talk isht to me about Sicily Island and you got peoples from Calhoun!

Mr. Biggs. You from the Island? Man, I remember playing you guys in football. I'm from Vidalia.

Mighty Hornet, I never talked trash, I just complained a lot. Never got beat up, too many tricks up the sleeve, but I got tested a few times.

As far as sports go, it was very hard for me to play baseball, with a stocking stuffed with newspaper, a big arsed rock, and aluminum foil, as a baseball.

Football, I had my way, basketball, now that's a different story, it's hard to jump against knuckas that eat rabbit for breakfast.

However, I always got the last laugh, when my cousins came to the city, and tried to talk to girls. Now, you want to talk about funny, hell, just taking them to movies was funny enough, because there was more than one screen in the theater, and the movie wasn't there for 3 days.

Having them get into a swimming pool, instead of swimming in the river, having people walk by, and not speak, and seeing them wonder what's wrong, because they spoke to them.

Man, don't get me started.

NICE

Too Funny...

Originally posted by BluBlood
Well, after drawing maps and explaining where I'm from...they all make the observation and comment...you don't sound like you're from there or you don't sound country. :confused:

People tell me this as well. When I tell someone that I am originally from West Point, Mississippi they look dumbfound. They used to say, "You don't sound or dress like it". What the "L"???????!!!!

Originally posted by BgJag
Good topic of discussion. Will someone please send me some of those purple shell peas and butter beans before I die reading about them. I was born in New Orleans and move to Scotlandville when I was 6. Lived in the avenue, back then they called it the field b/c that's all it was. Sugar cane, greens, tomatoe, etc growing everywhere. I spent my summers with my grandparents in St Francisville (Soliltude). Every morning going across the road to Miss Sarah for those brown eggs, picking black berries and watching out for the snakes, chasing the cows, pears trees, meeting the local gurls at the sweet shop in the evening or at the daily church revial. Although my grandparents are both decease I have plenty of older relative there and still stop on my way to Tallulah to visit my wife family. One of my best country trip have to be the Thanksgiving I spent in Gilbert. Do anyone remember the Turkey Bowl football games on Thanksgiving morning at the local H.S. against Gilbert and Winnsboro/Wisner? Great times up North La.

[size=5.5]WHAT!!!![/size] You played in the Turkey Bowl football game. I'm not from Wisner, but my brothers lived in Wisner and I would go up there and play in some of those games. You talk about some hard hitting. No two hand touch in those games.

Of course those Franklin Parish boys used to try to "show" against us Catahoula/Sicily Island fellas cuz our football teams were always kicking azz and taking name!

I bet we know some of the same people. I bet for sure you know my loud mouth jaguar brother, Glen Daniels. If so, you know the past 8 years have been hell on me! That dude is a PHOOL!!!!

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

Mr. Biggs. You from the Island? Man, I remember playing you guys in football. I'm from Vidalia.

Yep, I'm from the Island. I graduated High School in 1974. I remember the first time we played yall was my senior year in the Vidalia Jamboree. Yall had this big crew cut wearing white dude named Cupit that played for LSU.

Yall were favored to win, but the game ended up being tied 7-7. We were threating to score when time expired. Mofos were hitting so hard, the fans had to go to the paramedics...

I went to GSU with E Banks, K Cubie, A Garrison, K. Johnson.
M. Turner is my cousin, he moved to Vidalia when he was in the 5th or 6th grade. Those some good dudes...we used to drank some dranks at Danny's on a many nites!

[size=5.5]WHAT!!!![/size] You played in the Turkey Bowl football game. I'm not from Wisner, but my brothers lived in Wisner and I would go up there and play in some of those games. You talk about some hard hitting. No two hand touch in those games.

Of course those Franklin Parish boys used to try to "show" against us Catahoula/Sicily Island fellas cuz our football teams were always kicking azz and taking name!

I bet we know some of the same people. I bet for sure you know my loud mouth jaguar brother, Glen Daniels. If so, you know the past 8 years have been hell on me! That dude is a PHOOL!!!!

One of my good friend was from Gilbert a SU grad(75or76). Only played one year around 77 or 78 but I was the QB for the Gilbert team. This city boy from Scotlandville High pick them apart.

Corinth

Originally posted by JSUII
This is the best post that I have read all year. This takes me back to the good ole days. When we had all the good food and fresh water. I am from a small town in Mississippi known as Corinth, MS.

I know exactly where your hometown is located. I grew up in Prairie, MS.

Y'all, how about I used to watch my uncle cut a chicken's head off and allow it to jump around until death. AND then put it over a flame to burn the hair off the body. AND then cut and gut it. LOL! How about I first fired a gun @ age 11 (BTW, I currently qualify with a 9mm Barretta, (Expert Shooter)). It was a 12 gauge shot gun which knocked me on my back! I was trying to kill an owl and of course my uncle was shadowing me. Funny... I was a TRUE country girl. I would not trade my "Country" experiences for nothing in the world. I am not even going to mention the food. Gosh, I had a wonderful childhood...

Originally posted by mighty hornet
ummm D-Nice,

You sound like one of dem city boys who used to come to country during the summer, talking smack, complaining bout everything, and end up getting a good ole arse kicking by one or more country boys!

btw,
yall city boys couldn't play sports worth a damn either
LOL

HOnuts. Nice was the city boy that came there talking about how he met Eazy E. How Run-DMC lives down the street from them. How they were part of the Zu-Lu Nation when they first started out. They would always tell some off the wall lie to try to fit in.:D

BGJag: In 1975, I was five years old! :D

DNICE: You've got me crying laughing! We had this friend who used to come to Bogalusa for the summers from New Orleans. She'd always say we talked funny! She wondered why we didn't have a perm and why our Granny pressed our hair! We used to race from my Granny's house to the street corner. I'd always have to remove my shoes cuz I could outrun my older boy cousins without shoes. I always had on sandals. So running barefoot on the pave would "Seem" like I was faster! Hee hee! I could out run the girl from New Orleans too!

Anybody ever had a fight scheduled by the big tree in the church yard? LOL My granny beat everybody who was left standing around...with a switch!

Re: Too Funny...

Originally posted by GramTigress

When I tell someone that I am originally from West Point, Mississippi they look dumbfound.
Let me find out you are an original Mississippian. :p

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Yep, I'm from the Island. I graduated High School in 1974. I remember the first time we played yall was my senior year in the Vidalia Jamboree. Yall had this big crew cut wearing white dude named Cupit that played for LSU.

Yall were favored to win, but the game ended up being tied 7-7. We were threating to score when time expired. Mofos were hitting so hard, the fans had to go to the paramedics...

M. Turner is my cousin, he moved to Vidalia when he was in the 5th or 6th grade. Those some good dudes...we used to drank some dranks at Danny's on a many nites!

Mr. Biggs. You bring :bawling: to my eyes. I remember going to those Jamborees as a youngster and watch my brother and Keith Woodside (former of Green Bay Packers '83 graduate) play against you all. Man! Danny's!!! I remember those nights as good as yesterday.:(

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

HOnuts. Nice was the city boy that came there talking about how he met Eazy E. How Run-DMC lives down the street from them. How they were part of the Zu-Lu Nation when they first started out. They would always tell some off the wall lie to try to fit in.:D
LOL
Yep, so true and we were stupid enough to believe all that crap at first.

RIF

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
BGJag: In 1975, I was five years old! :D

MY FRIEND FROM GILBERT GRADUATE DURING THAT TIME. I WAS STILL IN H.S. THEN. I WAS 11 IN 75. MY GOOD CLASSMATE "SS" WAS........LET JUST SAY SHE WAS OLDER THAN ME.:D

I hear the following quite often ...

"Arkansas, huh? Y'all wear shoes in Arkansas?"

"Is your mother also your sister?"

"ARE YOU A RAZORBACK?" :redhot:

"Where is Pine Bluff?" (as if they'll know when I tell them) :rolleyes:

Some peeps can be so very ignorant!

Man, i'm still trying to figure out that Notre Dame Box the Island used to run. (Thinking how they used to stomp Newellton back in '86-'90)

Bengal, & King Bee, never lied about who I knew, to fit in. After all I was from the NO, them country boys tried to fit in with me, it was my cousins that lied, about who they met in NO when they came to visit, so they could get some extra arse.

They used the hell out of me, so I lied to go along with them, so they wouldn't look bad. 'L', that was the only reason, my cousins were happy that I came, not to mention, I always bought clothes with me, so they could be in style before it hit the county.

I'm sure you two knuckleheads did the same thing with your city cousins.

Ms. Jag, the only reason you won those races, because you were racing barefoot.

NICE

City Popcorn

Hey Nice, we used to Love it when everyone's cuzzins came to the country for the summer. We called them "City Popcorn" because they could not understand half the crap we were doing.

Even family from Baton Rogue and New Orleans thought they were from the city until someone came from "Up North."

This thread done blew up. Y'all coulda waited on a brotha to take a break.

D-NICE,

You brought back memories on the movie theaters. In my hometown, Prentiss, MS, the theater was only open Fri-Sun. A different movie each week. $1.25 for kids to get in. EVERY MOVIE STARTED AT 8PM AND ENDED AT 9:30PM. In the summer, we would earn our money to get into movies by chasing balls for the local semi-pro baseball team. We got a dime for foul balls and a quarter for homeruns. We looked forward to them double-headers.

And you cracking on the baseball gear they used, man we used to cut the bottom out of milk crates, nail that crate to a tree and use it as a basketball goal. We used oil cans for the ball. You remember the cans that were aluminum on top and bottom, with the thick paper carton. Needed a can opener to get the oil out. Brotha had a better fade away than Jordan ever had.:D

Don Lost Me

I was born and raised in Chicago and the only time I was in the cuntree :p was when I was in Jackson....

I am lost talking about yellow meat and movies only being open on Fri and Sat and for a 1.25

PLEASE I WISH WE HAD THAT IN CHI:)

Now, in Bogalusa we did have real baseball bats and real balls. But we'd play in the street. Home plat was an old soda can or either a milk carton that was stomped on and flattened out.

We'd race big wheels at that time as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back