Bayou Classic in Jackson, MS?

JR said:
Now homeboy let's be logical. The BC is more than just a game. I think people forget that. It became an event in New Orleans . If we just need to play the game in a stadium and not have much of nothing else going on then we might as well go to Shreveport, which is my first choice if it stays in La. But if we are trying to maximize as much money as we can make and get close to creating the BC atmosphere it has in New Orleans (which is impossible), then we need to play in a city like Houston or Atlanta that can accomadate the masses of people and have a domed stadium to ensure the weather don't ruin the game. I love my hometown to death, but the BC shouldn't be played there. I aint mad at Jackson for trying to get the game. But as Fortitude said, the city aint ready to handle that madness.

Lookey here, homey... The only reason I posted in this thread is because this question keeps being asked.... I wouldn't be going to the BC anyway, unless it were played in Jackson.....

I'mma let yall fuss about it.....
:wavey:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. Tiger said:
If they play the BC in Houston that means Reliant Stadium would have three football games in three consecutive days. PV-TSU, the BC, and the Houston Texans game on Sunday. Will that work?? Also to all you Gram and SU fans who say they don't want to sit outside and watch a game. :whine: :whine: There is a little invention made some time ago. You may have heard of it. It's called "a coat." It's what 80,000 LSU and Arkansas screaming fans use at their game which is a day earlier than the BC.

I feel what you saying about outside weather. I have been to the last 2 SCGs in not so nice weather. So I have no issue with sitting outside in bad weather. However unlike our white counterparts , black folks will not do it. Especially the sisters. No way they mess their hair up by getting wet. You know the deal. I attend Vikings games up here and the white folks are a different type of fan. I have been in the horseshoe at my other school Ohio State and watched them folks brave through all kinds of weather. Now I have seen what a little rain has done to attendence at my black schools. I can remember going to a few rainy Soul Bowl between JSU and Alcorn growing up. Attendence was always down . Still can see Rosales kicking all those field goals. lol

Mr. Tiger said:
If they play the BC in Houston that means Reliant Stadium would have three football games in three consecutive days. PV-TSU, the BC, and the Houston Texans game on Sunday. Will that work?? Also to all you Gram and SU fans who say they don't want to sit outside and watch a game. :whine: :whine: There is a little invention made some time ago. You may have heard of it. It's called "a coat." It's what 80,000 LSU and Arkansas screaming fans use at their game which is a day earlier than the BC.

yeah, but most of the fans of LSU and Arkansas are not as "affected" by the cold as most of the fans of SU and GSU are "affected". i have heard it said that "some folks" just tolerate cold weather better.

:nod:

bluedog said:
Actually y'all no gettting out to vote @sses need to get on it. :shame: :shame: :shame:

Feel better now crit. :rolleyes:

Bet you will have yo arse in Memorial when SU comes to town next year. :emlaugh: .............hopefully you will stay your arse at home. You won't be missed. :emlaugh:

jag4life said:
BR has almost 1million people there now... Jackson is about half that size.

LOL @ 1,000,000. The population has definitely increased but theres not a million people in the Big Raggedy. Maybe next lifetime.

JBizzl said:
LOL @ 1,000,000. The population has definitely increased but theres not a million people in the Big Raggedy. Maybe next lifetime.

I just saw something in USA Today saying BR has 930,000 people in the metro area now.

jag4life said:
I just saw something in USA Today saying BR has 930,000 people in the metro area now.

According to the 2000 US census there is only 412,852 persons in East Baton Rouge Parish. But I guess the population could have doubled in 5 years.

SoloMan said:
According to the 2000 US census there is only 412,852 persons in East Baton Rouge Parish. But I guess the population could have doubled in 5 years.

They said metro area. Maybe they included more than EBR Parish. And the reasoning for population boom was because of Katrina.

Hell line the game up on campus if yall are so great. Otherwise STFU about we too good to play here or there. Mood in Jackson is there are enough 'Fugees in town anyway without adding SU and Gram.

I would be tickled to see the Game in Orlando. My one goal in life would then be to see the game outdraw the Florida Classic.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back