Bayou Classic in Jackson, MS?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
'Cumba why you put C-Leb on blast like that???

Stag you shole iz right......

JR, I don't think ATL is stuttin the BC, they is going after the Sugar Bowl. At least that's what I've read. Ain't heard nothing about no BC.

Indy!
INdy!!
INDy!!!
INDY INDY INDY!!!!!!! :lol:

Everybody is trying to cash in off the BC. Most of the things people are saying are based off of speculation anyway....and if it is not played in a bit city such as houston or atlanta then we might as well let stay in louisiana.

I think it would be a good game atmosphere in Jackson, but like I said earlier, the state of Louisiana desperately need this game.

Off topic: The city of Baton Rouge is STILL around the same size as Jackson, MS. A city's population does not dictate its size. Unless throughout the mess of Hurricane Katrina that the Baton Rouge city officials have brought plans to court for annexation of LAND and had it approve is a different story. Possibility of that not happening since the suburbs would probably grab that up quick. The city of Phoenix has a smaller population (over 1 million) than Los Angeles (around 2-3 million), but is geographically larger than Los Angeles.

Also on the flag issue, if it is so hard to sit under the Mississippi flag which has the Confederate emblem, there are a lot of other things we as black folks shouldn't do, buy, or participate in that has a derogatory underlying meaning to our people. :shame:

SAME OLD G said:
One other thing...with all of these cities trying to get the BC, I think it is safe to say that it will likely go to the highest bidder. At this point it is all about $$$$$. And from what I understand the City of Houston ain't playing around. They are offering some serious cash. (Don't ask me how much).
1. How much?
2. How much?
3. How much?
4. How much?
5. How much?

staggalee83 said:
OK ..........The next time SU comes to Jackson to play ...............Ya'll go to a WHITE school and watch them.....................most would fit in anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah... let em play at Mississippi College's field... :lmao:

Bengal E said:
'Cumba why you put C-Leb on blast like that???

Stag you shole iz right......

JR, I don't think ATL is stuttin the BC, they is going after the Sugar Bowl. At least that's what I've read. Ain't heard nothing about no BC.

Indy!
INdy!!
INDy!!!
INDY INDY INDY!!!!!!! :lol:

cut and paste.... sh*t happens!

Fortitude said:
Ain't no way Jackson could handle the Bayou Classic. We are NOT ready.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Finally some Semblance of truth.

Just for the Record before Katrina Baton Rouge's Population was 427,000. Jackson Population according to the Clarion Ledger is 283,000 this metro area for both cities.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bigtyme2 said:
Just for the Record before Katrina Baton Rouge's Population was 427,000. Jackson Population according to the Clarion Ledger is 283,000 this metro area for both cities.

Uh, actually Baton Rouge's population was 227,818 and Jackson's was 184,256. Source: Census.gov

Baton Rouge Metro Area was 602,894 and Jackson's Metro Area was 440,801. Source: Census.gov

I say again .........................Who in Jackson should care? :rolleyes:

This is ya'll's problem. Play it on your campus if ALASKA is not availiable. :emlaugh:

staggalee83 said:
I say again .........................Who in Jackson should care? :rolleyes:

This is ya'll's problem. Play it on your campus if ALASKA is not availiable. :emlaugh:

Uh Frat, I hate to tell you this ........alot of folk from Jackson go to the BC.... ask Noise Talka., Robber ,former Mayor Harvey Johnson etc. We do have an Alumni chapter in Jackson. One more thing ........Lavell Crump aka David Banner might disagree with you since he is a SU alum............ So there are some in Jackson who do care. :nod2:

JR said:
Uh Frat, I hate to tell you this ........alot of folk from Jackson go to the BC.... ask Noise Talka., Robber ,former Mayor Harvey Johnson etc. We do have an Alumni chapter in Jackson. One more thing ........Lavell Crump aka David Banner might disagree with you since he is a SU alum............ So there are some in Jackson who do care. :nod2:

Yep ..............I know. I go when I can myself. :)

And MOST folks from Jackson go for the PARTY, not the game. People pull out of here at kickoff time just to get there for the after game activities. In other words, it's just ANOTHER excuse to ride down to N.O.................like people in Jackson need another excuse to do that. :)

My point is to end all this Jackson yes/no crap, based on the fact that this game is just not as important overall to people here as the people at SU and Gram are trying to make it out to be. They act like this is the only game to be played in America that matters. :emlaugh:

It's life and death to ya'll, not us.

Play the game .......fine. But 98% of the people in Jackson are not going to jump off skyscrappers worring about it and you know it. :emlaugh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dude .........at that time, people are fat and lazy from Thanksgiving. MOST people are not trying to travel until they go back home. :nod2:

You should know about this,............. :goof: but :goof: ...............don't tell everyone :shh: ............. there are little invention's called TV, VCR's and DVR's if you feel the need to see game. :emlaugh:

Well, with all these SU ans Gram folks being so vehemently aginst playing the BC in Jackson, I guess if the decision were made to play the game in Jackson, I guess yall ain't coming, right?????? :smug2:

Personally, I don't give a fugg where it's played. But Jackson would be a logical choice. It's about two hours from from both schools.... And there's plenty of room for the fans to sit.. And it's about the ONLY Stadium where both bands sit IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER........ :tup::tup:

But y'all can play in the skreet for all I care....

:dude:

If they play the BC in Houston that means Reliant Stadium would have three football games in three consecutive days. PV-TSU, the BC, and the Houston Texans game on Sunday. Will that work?? Also to all you Gram and SU fans who say they don't want to sit outside and watch a game. :whine: :whine: There is a little invention made some time ago. You may have heard of it. It's called "a coat." It's what 80,000 LSU and Arkansas screaming fans use at their game which is a day earlier than the BC.

Taylor-Made'90 said:
Well, with all these SU ans Gram folks being so vehemently aginst playing the BC in Jackson, I guess if the decision were made to play the game in Jackson, I guess yall ain't coming, right?????? :smug2:

Personally, I don't give a fugg where it's played. But Jackson would be a logical choice. It's about two hours from from both schools.... And there's plenty of room for the fans to sit.. And it's about the ONLY Stadium where both bands sit IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER........ :tup::tup:

But y'all can play in the skreet for all I care....

:dude:

Now homeboy let's be logical. The BC is more than just a game. I think people forget that. It became an event in New Orleans . If we just need to play the game in a stadium and not have much of nothing else going on then we might as well go to Shreveport, which is my first choice if it stays in La. But if we are trying to maximize as much money as we can make and get close to creating the BC atmosphere it has in New Orleans (which is impossible), then we need to play in a city like Houston or Atlanta that can accomadate the masses of people and have a domed stadium to ensure the weather don't ruin the game. I love my hometown to death, but the BC shouldn't be played there. I aint mad at Jackson for trying to get the game. But as Fortitude said, the city aint ready to handle that madness.

Mr. Tiger said:
If they play the BC in Houston that means Reliant Stadium would have three football games in three consecutive days. PV-TSU, the BC, and the Houston Texans game on Sunday. Will that work??

The field at Reliant is on trays and can be switched out. I wouldn't be suprise that the LDC and BC plays on the same turf and they switch out to the other one for the Texans game.

Back