Bayou Classic in Jackson, MS?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bluedog said:
This rises to many of the wrong kind of flags for me.

co-sign

I'd rather play the BC at the white school (LSU) before considering Confederate Memorial Stadium, no offense 'Sippi folk.

Clarksdale_Wildcat said:
Here is an interesting article in today's Clarion-Ledger.

Read Here.

What do you guys think? I doubt if it happens, because Louisiana needs this game.

Nope. I would be against it and I am a Jackson native. If it moves out of La it needs to be in a major city that has major accommodations and major entertainment. Sorry my hometown don't have none of that. Also the only way I want that game played outdoors and I don't is if it stays in La. If it leaves we need a Dome/retractable roof facility or play it in Cali/Las Vegas. LOL

Journalist said:
co-sign

I'd rather play the BC at the white school (LSU) before considering Confederate Memorial Stadium, no offense 'Sippi folk.

Baton Rouge should be the first choice, but LSU and Arkansas play that Friday and hotel rooms may be limited. Sheveport should be the next choice, although the Independence Bowl is too small it is at least in the state. Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium should be the third choice because it is close to both schools and we have a lot of Louisiana residents in our state already. Plus it seats about 62,000. Anything other than those choices should be excluded because given the high gas prices and the effects of Katrina the game should be played as close to home as possible.

Mr. Tiger said:
Baton Rouge should be the first choice, but LSU and Arkansas play that Friday and hotel rooms may be limited. Sheveport should be the next choice, although the Independence Bowl is too small it is at least in the state. Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium should be the third choice because it is close to both schools and we have a lot of Louisiana residents in our state already. Plus it seats about 62,000. Anything other than those choices should be excluded because given the high gas prices and the effects of Katrina the game should be played as close to home as possible.

Limited... you mean non-existant.

Journalist said:
co-sign

OK ..........The next time SU comes to Jackson to play ...............Ya'll go to a WHITE school and watch them.....................most would fit in anyway. :rolleyes:

MACHIAVELLI said:
Limited... you mean non-existant.

Right. That's why Jackson isn't a bad option. It seats more than the Independence Bowl. And Southern-Jackson State games are always over 55,000 in Memorial Stadium so people will come. But I am still in favor of keeping the game in Louisiana, if possible in Shreveport. Shreveport and Jackson are better options than far away locations that will take a long drive or plane ride.

BC in jackson, ms........................ HELL NO!!! :lol:

The BC does not belong in the country! :lol:

JROCK said:
BC in jackson, ms........................ HELL NO!!! :lol:

The BC does not belong in the country! :lol:

If Jackson is country, Baton Rouge is right there with it. Both cities are about the same size and same speed. You must think Baton Rouge is NEW YORK CITY OR CHICAGO. :dizzy: :dizzy: :lol:

Houston will probably win out anyway, if a deal can be worked out to rent the stadium.

Mr. Tiger said:
If Jackson is country, Baton Rouge is right there with it. Both cities are about the same size and same speed. You must think Baton Rouge is NEW YORK CITY OR CHICAGO. :dizzy: :dizzy: :lol:

Houston will probably win out anyway, if a deal can be worked out to rent the stadium.

BR has almost 1million people there now... Jackson is about half that size.

Who cares?

Leave Jackson out of it.
Move the BC to Alaska ........................nobody in Jackson would miss it. :xeye:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why are we even discussing this? If Jackson is even being considered, you may as well have it in Shreveport.

One other thing...with all of these cities trying to get the BC, I think it is safe to say that it will likely go to the highest bidder. At this point it is all about $$$$$. And from what I understand the City of Houston ain't playing around. They are offering some serious cash. (Don't ask me how much).

SAME OLD G said:
One other thing...with all of these cities trying to get the BC, I think it is safe to say that it will likely go to the highest bidder. At this point it is all about $$$$$. And from what I understand the City of Houston ain't playing around. They are offering some serious cash. (Don't ask me how much).

:lol: Why we can't axechew?

Yes Black, BR population is 1,000,000 and it takes me 2 1/2 times longer to get from my office to my home every evening. :mad: :bawling:

:shame: to the game being in Jackson. If it will be played out of state, it will be Houston.

How and why would Jackson try to pull another Classic in. Take care of the one you already have in. :shame:

Don't know how true this is, but I got this email today.... Last I heard, the Officials from SU and GSU had not even met yet.

It has been confirmed by Texas Southern University officials that the Labor Day Classic football game between Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M University has been rescheduled to Friday, November 25th at 1:00 PM with the venue still being the Reliant Stadium.

The Bayou Classic (Grambling State University vs Southern University) has been relocated to Houston's Reliant Stadium the following day, Saturday, November 26th at 1:00 PM.

Mike Jones ('96)
President - TSUNAA, Inc.
(713) 777-9311 - office
(281) 330-8004 - cell

SAME OLD G said:

Co-Sign

I bet they aint playing. I would not be shocked if Houston is offering big cash. The only other city I can see trying to out do Houston is the ATL. But SOGGY you got to spill the beans if you know something. :nod2:

Back