Amid rumors of his firing, Eric Dooley says he's still Southern's football coach (opps, spoke too soon)

Sean Wallace will be the acting Head Coach for the 50th Bayou Classic
He's well enough to coach?
Why was Dooley hired in the first place???
Made sense - had success at Prairie View and did well recruiting Louisiana at pv as he had shiny toys to show off and those boot kids like that -

He didn't hit on a qb early on and never recovered - his offenses are directly related to quarterback success - but worth firing? Naw

He's well enough to coach?

Made sense - had success at Prairie View and did well recruiting Louisiana at pv as he had shiny toys to show off and those boot kids like that -

He didn't hit on a qb early on and never recovered - his offenses are directly related to quarterback success - but worth firing? Naw
Dooley didn't have any success if you actually do your research. He had a losing record with teams over .500. So in other words he could only beat the sorry FCS teams which ain't good enough

Dooley didn't have any success if you actually do your research. He had a losing record with teams over .500. So in other words he could only beat the sorry FCS teams which ain't good enough

Again - now you pay him $600k to walk - that's why you research before you hire

He had it made at PV - if he had a year like this over there they wouldn't care now cause homecoming is over - as long as tsu and beaten and Grambling that's it 🤣

But thank Clarence McKinney for exposing him with that shutout in 22 and basically dominating him on defense in 23

That’s my only gripe when folks can magically come up with hundreds of thousands dollars to buy a coach out but can’t donate to get the practice field turfed or stadium upgrades.
Y’all do realize SU is literally about to break ground on several new buildings on campus. Unlike most states the state of LA has a lot of red tape when it’s comes to buildings being built on campus. Example the nursing school received 10 million from an anonymous donor to add new nursing building wing, Ochsner Health match the fund, it took two years for approval from the state.

Last edited:

He had it made at PV - if he had a year like this over there they wouldn't care now cause homecoming is over - as long as tsu and beaten and Grambling that's it 🤣

But thank Clarence McKinney for exposing him with that shutout in 22 and basically dominating him on defense in 23
Right about the sub-avg delusional PV "fan." Just as long as he won the ldc, sfc, and hc'ing, he was golden.

That's why it was hard for me to wrap my head around his departure when I knew he had it made for 15+ years EASILY just winning those games to satisfy the sub-avg folk. Folk like me would have beyotched about the avg bull and not winning championships w/ dominance but there are no more than 1500 or so of us ardent supporters who are knowledgeable and breathe dominance and competitivity from top to bottom.

And speaking of, there will be no more than 4K or so of us at the game Saturday.

The one time payout was less. The University didn’t put up a dime. Donors covered it all.

Back