AAMU adds another qb

mighty hornet said:
TP,
I haven't forgotten that it was an ASU beatdown of jsue that started the whole "week later" theory.

:lol::lol:

carry on.....

Yeah a beat down in which you salvaged a win in the wanning seconds of the game. :rolleyes:

Tigerpride said:
. when you see JSU, SU, or Grambling wounded, you go in for kill but when are standing upright AND STRONG, you bend over EVERY TIME!!!

Still trying to lump your floundering program in with others to give it credibility, I see.

As far as us playing Savannah State, your dumb butt obviously forgot that you have the great powerhouse team Paul Quinn on your schedule this year.

How sad...and how typical. :smh:

AAMU Alum said:
Still trying to lump your floundering program in with others to give it credibility, I see.

As far as us playing Savannah State, your dumb butt obviously forgot that you have the great powerhouse team Paul Quinn on your schedule this year.

How sad...and how typical. :smh:

No, I did not forget about PQ. But we are a 2-9 program. Schools like you have 9-3 seasons and then go out and schedule a cream puff hoping to get another 9-3 season. Typical and sad.

Also, the Big 3 is a reality....deal with it.
You can only beat JSU when we are down...deal with it.
We can beat AAMU when you think you are good...deal with IT!!!

Tigerpride said:
No, I did not forget about PQ. But we are a 2-9 program. Schools like you have 9-3 seasons and then go out and schedule a cream puff hoping to get another 9-3 season. Typical and sad.

Also, the Big 3 is a reality....deal with it.
You can only beat JSU when we are down...deal with it.
We can beat AAMU when you think you are good...deal with IT!!!

TP, we've beat you when you were SWAC champs and we were D2. So what were you saying, again? :retard:

Mike said:
TP, we've beat you when you were SWAC champs and we were D2. So what were you saying, again? :retard:

Just another li'l tidbit that he forgot....along with so many others.

Mike said:

Oh yeah, that year when we were starting a new QB, and plenty of other starters TEN years ago by a whopping one point. The week later theory applies here.

Tigerpride said:
Oh yeah, that year when we were starting a new QB, and plenty of other starters TEN years ago by a whopping one point. The week later theory applies here.
LOL.... SAD....

YEAH it was 10 years ago but hell you talking about victories that NOBODY on here probably has ever seen in the 50s. I was the Labor Day Classic in Birmingham.. I saw the asswhippin.

DAHILL said:
LOL.... SAD....

YEAH it was 10 years ago but hell you talking about victories that NOBODY on here probably has ever seen in the 50s. I was the Labor Day Classic in Birmingham.. I saw the asswhippin.

ONE POINT azz whoopin...yeah okay. But again, that would have only been the case in the season opener. The only other team we lost to that regular season was FAMU (MEAC champ) by 3. I only mentioned the games in the 50's to correct the erroneous series record you gave. You know as well as I do that JSU was taggin those back door SCG AAMU teams.

I am sure you did see the game. Playing JSU was probably a dream come true for you BAMAs.

DAHILL said:
LOL.... SAD....

Also, you all were very experienced that year. JSU won the SWAC by the skin of our teeth. We were young and probably not that good but we were a scrappy team that year. That team was the foundation of the Shannon-Carson legacy that grew to have the highest winning percentage in 1-AA football the last 5 years of the 90's.

Jackson State Tiger Football
Record: 9-3

Alabama A&M lost 21--20
Tennessee State won 24--19
Florida A&M lost 15--12
Mississippi Valley won 47--07
Alabama State won 24--22
Southern Univ.? won 16--14
Grambling State won 29--28
Arkansas Pine Bluff won 29--26
Texas Southern won 13--09
Prairie View won 68--00
Alcorn State won 28--07
Marshall University lost 38--08

SWAC CHAMPIONS

Once again TP you proved that common just ain't common. You are the one who stated that we couldn't beat a good JSU team. It doesn't matter if it was by one point or ten, you lost. You were the SWAC champs and you lost. It just shows you put your foot in your mouth again.:retard:
Tigerpride said:
Also, you all were very experienced that year. JSU won the SWAC by the skin of our teeth. We were young and probably not that good but we were a scrappy team that year. That team was the foundation of the Shannon-Carson legacy that grew to have the highest winning percentage in 1-AA football the last 5 years of the 90's.

Jackson State Tiger Football
Record: 9-3

Alabama A&M lost 21--20
Tennessee State won 24--19
Florida A&M lost 15--12
Mississippi Valley won 47--07
Alabama State won 24--22
Southern Univ.? won 16--14
Grambling State won 29--28
Arkansas Pine Bluff won 29--26
Texas Southern won 13--09
Prairie View won 68--00
Alcorn State won 28--07
Marshall University lost 38--08

SWAC CHAMPIONS

Ntelekt said:
Actually, to do what TP is trying to do...throw hate! :D

C'mon, Beans...
We already know that if there was a report that this kid chose not to sign with AAMU or that another one of our QBs left the team, the paper route would be in full effect. :lol:

It's all good, man...:D:tup:
Ntel, I dont throw hate. I actually like to see you all do pretty good this year, so when we actually beat you all this year there wont be any excuses. Any how, good look with your thowing QB in your running offense. And I just report the news.

CEE DOG said:
Once again TP you proved that common just ain't common. You are the one who stated that we couldn't beat a good JSU team. It doesn't matter if it was by one point or ten, you lost. You were the SWAC champs and you lost. It just shows you put your foot in your mouth again.:retard:

No I did not...that was some 10 years ago. I don't even know the condition of your team, nor you mine. In 1998, JSU went through a similar transition. We got blown out by Howard, FAMU, and TNState becasue we were young but starting with the 4th game of the season (evidence of the week later theory), we made some adjustments and started kicking azz into the 1999.

In conclusion, AAMU cannot beat a good JSU team.

Tigerpride said:
In conclusion, AAMU cannot beat a good JSU team.
It's hard to spin around this topic when you keep hitting this brick wall every time back around.
AAMU 21
JSU 20
:emlaugh:

TP,

It's so funny watching you stick your hand up your arse, and pull out these crazy piles of sheet! Just like the monkeys at the zoo.

:lol:

Mr. SWAC said:
It's hard to spin around this topic when you keep hitting this brick wall every time back around.
AAMU 21
JSU 20
:emlaugh:

That was a good JSU team and you beat us BUT that was Pratt's first game as a starter. JSU would have killed ya'll a few weeks later. If you think your sorry 8-3 D2 team was as good a JSU, FAMU, etc...you are crazy.

Tigerpride said:
If you think your sorry 8-3 D2 team was as good a JSU, FAMU, etc...you are crazy.

But it was OUR first game as well, and y'all STILL lost, dude...:look:
Get over it. :D

Ntelekt said:
But it was OUR first game as well, and y'all STILL lost, dude...:look:
Get over it. :D

Yeah but I would be willing to bet that you were not starting a new QB and several other players. You all were probably a senior laden team who sucked the next year. That is MY point.

Bottomline, if JSU has a 6-5 record this year, do you think you could beat us?? The answer is no. All JSU, SU and Grambling have to do is be decent and you will lose to us everytime. Not good...just decent.

TP,

Just for you, A&M finished 1995 with a 6-5 record with then new Head Coach Ken Pettiford. The team that he inherited was basically in shambles because the head coach before him (Reggie Oliver) was dismissed and players were not recruited well and the players that were on the team with experience left because we had been through two coaches during their time at A&M. That instability made it hard for this team to come together. The very next year we also had a 6-5 record and the year after that the team was finally coming together and had a 7-4 record with Pettiford being fired and replaced by Ron Cooper.

In other words. You got beat by a team full of freshmen and sophomores. The only players we had on that team were possibly:

Devin Sullivan WR
Tim Hughes FB (replacing from 1994 Fred Lester-NFL draft)
Tony Hairston NG
Rory French LB
Reginald Whitehead RB (Ran all over jsu)
Derrick Pugh LB (was on your QB all game)

Other than that, this was all we used to beat you. I can't even remember who the QB was, but he only made a few good throws in that game. Whoever it was, he wasn't actually putting up major numbers. So, I can actually say that you lost to a team that wasn't really game ready until two years later.

What ya got to say now, mane? :smh:

Mike, you don't even know who the players were, yet you say that they were freshmen and sophomores. Let me tell you a secret...we were playing freshman and sophomores too. But no team is all freshman and sopohomres. Pratt was a So after playing behind Asberry.

Alum, where is the stat sheet that shows that some slow AAMU RB broke for 55 yards.

It does't matter becasue obviously you all had a pretty good nucleus. You ended up 6-5 but you started out 5-1 until the bottom fell out and you lost 4 of your last five. This typically means you had no depth which further supports my theory that you all only beat us because you played us the first week. Shannon's system is not easy. Everytime we changed QB's in that system, they strugged from Pratt to Washington to Kent!!

Also, don't forget that you guys were D2 back then and you could recruit D1 gifted dummies. You may have had enough first sting talent to actually hang with an inexperienced JSU team. However, you ain't D2 now and you can't pay a decent recruit to come to Annie Mae. Rembember, you also beat SU (SWAC Champs) and Grambling with D2 recruits BUT now that the playing field is equal, you pray for us to be sorry for you to have a chance. I recall AAMU players saying, "We finally got the Superman..." in a game in which Kent barely played. That was laughable and smalltime but hey, you all need wins any way you can get em.

..a 7-4 and 8-3 1-AA AAMU team has never been able to beat a decent JSU squad.

Back