2021 Swac Football Attendance - Week 7

A Jackson State home football game — Jackson, MS​

60,000 plus. That's the capacity for a Jackson State home football game at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium. The Tigers play in the largest stadium for any HBCU not used for professional sports. Jackson State led the FCS in average attendance in 2018 and 2019.

The fans at a Jackson State home game combined with Jackson State's band, the Sonic Boom of the South, give the Tigers one of the best home-field advantages. The number of people cheering (or booing) in the stadium creates an incredible game-day atmosphere.

Like coach Prime says, we must respect our opponent at all times. Just ensure that we do what we need to do in order to stay competitive and ahead. It would be foolish not to acknowledge the great strides JState has made in less than one year. Not even 12 months and LOOK at all the visible changes which occurred to the program in a short duration: (would be a HELLA' metric to evaulate)

1. Winning season thusfar.
2. Record of 5-1 incl OOC/3-0 undefeated IC sitting atop the SWAC East.
2a. Undefeated record vs D-1 FCS (4-0).
3. Defeated arguably the 2 strongest SWAC East opponents (FAMU/AAMU).
4. New state of the art turf practice facility.
5. Upgrades to facility management.
6. Upgrade to marketing/branding.
7. Upgrade to football season ticket packaging.
8. Much DAILY visibility/transparency to the football program.
9. Increase in financial support in-house and through various revenue streams.
10. Increased notoriety w/ upper-tier HS recruits (5*s/4*s/3*s).

That's just the first 10 lol.

Yessir and it's only the beginning. We've definitely came a long ways in around 10 months of him being on the job. Im enjoying this resurgence of our football program. It's been a long time coming. Congrats to PV as well sitting atop of the West with an identical record.

Coach Sanders did say the correct number on the coaches call this morning as to what was posted in the original post.

Man.... words man.... words.

Do y'all know what it's like to sit through 58 of 80 consecutive football losses in ALL sorts of weather for 48 full minutes and witnessing a bunch of dumb idiots drawing a check pretending to be athletic administrative professionals? It started in Grambling, LA and ended in Langston, OK all the way to the ascension in Birmingham, AL. Been tied, boss. smh

Just show up this weekend close to it so you can have a bigger story - don’t want everyone to think hbcus are only homecoming games for people to attend

As Mississippi’s only urban university this should be the norm at J-State due to accessibility and being a pillar of BCF. SU is in the same boat as East Baton Rouge Parish has become Louisiana’s most populous parish post Katrina.

This is big time for J-State, but per capita the numbers Alcorn and even Gram show are admirable considering the rural setting (population of ~2K in Lorman and 5K in Gram).

Man.... words man.... words.

Do y'all know what it's like to sit through 58 of 80 consecutive football losses in ALL sorts of weather for 48 full minutes and witnessing a bunch of dumb idiots drawing a check pretending to be athletic administrative professionals? It started in Grambling, LA and ended in Langston, OK all the way to the ascension in Birmingham, AL. Been tied, boss. smh
You know, I remember being in the stands at Legion Field on that day of your Team's ascension in Birmingham! I was near the top of the stands near the quest box and I remember hearing a PV fan say with tears of joy on his face, "You know during my entire 4 years there as an undergrad we didn't win a game." The emotion in his words and the gravity of the moment have always stuck with me for some reason and I just thought I would share that after reading your post above.

Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true....
Saying a extra 2K gets him and his crew more money

IJS

Sanders can also get bonuses for ticket sales. If a game draws more than 30,000 fans, he gets 10% of all sales after the 30,000. He receives 10% of all season ticket revenue after the first 10,000 are purchased.
You not saying jack. Deion only go off what Dennis tells him. Coach prime not sitting around scheming for more money. I wish folks would worry about there own school. Life would be soooo much better in the swac !! He corrected himself today which made your statement show just how much you hate jsu.

Last edited:
Just show up this weekend close to it so you can have a bigger story - don’t want everyone to think hbcus are only homecoming games for people to attend

Don’t lump us in that category with y’all. JSU shows up & America knows we, JSU, are more than just a “homecoming”.
It’s time you other HBCUs step up. We good over here. lol Matter fact I need one of y'all to outdraw our home game against D2 delta state.

Who’s up for the challenge?

Last edited:
As Mississippi’s only urban university this should be the norm at J-State due to accessibility and being a pillar of BCF. SU is in the same boat as East Baton Rouge Parish has become Louisiana’s most populous parish post Katrina.

This is big time for J-State, but per capita the numbers Alcorn and even Gram show are admirable considering the rural setting (population of ~2K in Lorman and 5K in Gram).

I don't think schools would build 20k+ stadiums if they're just going by the local population.

Last edited:
Why is there such hate for JSU's attendance? We all should be proud of JSU and the conference. Coach Prime is delivering, don't hate, appreciate.
Exactly. I just told Fiyah the same thing. I Dnt get it. Jsu is just taking it to new heights which could be a blueprint for us all. We sit here and talk down on each other while these whites folks talk down on all of us. Jsu is really a blueprint to us all rising and getting our part in this evil business of college Athletics. #togetherWEAREstronger

You not saying jack. Deion only go off what Dennis tells him. Coach prime not sitting around scheming for more money. I wish folks would worry about there own school. Life would be . soooo much better in the swac !! He corrected himself today which made your statement show just how much you hate jsu.

You can take that BS somewhere else. Y'all come in here always saying they hate jsu. I could care less about it, but will continue to post.

You know, I remember being in the stands at Legion Field on that day of your Team's ascension in Birmingham! I was near the top of the stands near the quest box and I remember hearing a PV fan say with tears of joy on his face, "You know during my entire 4 years there as an undergrad we didn't win a game." The emotion in his words and the gravity of the moment have always stuck with me for some reason and I just thought I would share that after reading your post above.
Bruh, words cannot express. Ironically, 1.5 hours ago, just finished talking to a former football HC about getting together pre-game for PV-HC'ing where he knew I lived in the dfw metroplex but I stayed my raggedy old ass on or near PV's campus like I lived in the area lol. Even in the middle of the week, I was there, monitoring behind the scenes and being supportive financially/bodily more than too many non-supportive ... lol PV-locals.

Let me shut up before I get my exit papers from the Panther's Den. :(

You not saying jack. Deion only go off what Dennis tells him. Coach prime not sitting around scheming for more money. I wish folks would worry about there own school. Life would be . soooo much better in the swac !! He corrected himself today which made your statement show just how much you hate jsu.
HP, @Fiyah isn't a hater. He LOVES THEEILOVE. You have the wrong one naw. But if you DO want to direct this message to someone, you can aim it DIRECTLY at that @ghostwriter fella/fellarette. You can blast their ass to kingdom come and you you wouldn't be in the wrong at all. It would be considered self-defense.

How is that riduculous? Jackson is over 80% black but non-black people control 80% (if not more) of the economic power in the city.

Also the blacker the city got the less there was to do for fun and shop. White people took their businesses to the suburbs (or north of the city) and blacks haven't been able to replace them in the city. Blacks in Mississippi are a silent majority (I do believe MS is mostly black despite the census saying it's about half and half) ... MS blacks have little power and are not well organized to become more powerful
There are a lot of cities in this country in the same predicament, it's not right but not just a Jackson problem.. there many factors to this problem and it's much deeper than the AVERAGE PERSON will ever understand. I attended the game and enjoyed it very much. Remained me of years past. 1000's of black people enjoying themselves.

It Seems Like It's That Time Again......!!

Relax GIF by LeVar Burton

If and when he leaves the program will be better off than bbn it was before he came. With all the upgrades with facilities and the return of a winning attitude all it should take to continue winning is the hiring of the the right Coaching staff. Hopson brought winning back to Alcorn. After he left they continued.

Why is there such hate for JSU's attendance? We all should be proud of JSU and the conference. Coach Prime is delivering, don't hate, appreciate.
This!

Back