2021 Swac Football Attendance - Week 7

Oh ket Sanders start stealing their recruits then you will see that concern. Alcorn became a concern for USM when we would get their recruits. So it is very possible they are already concerned. If not now, very soon.
TRUTH!!

Impressive turn out by JSU! Also I seen a handful of ASU fans present but of course they don't travel well outside the state. Deion has really made Jackson, MS more relevant and interesting ... if and when he leaves boy oh boy. I was seeing JSU homecoming all over social media unlike ever before.

I was a little suprrised to see only 10K for Grambling homecoming. But we are still in a pandemic but still LOL ... we had the same number with a worst football team.

JSU is the heartbeat of Jackson, MS. Every time I visited Jackson, I noticed JSU well represented thruout the city ... even the people I noticed at the bus stop was wearing JSU gear.

Jackson is over 80% black and the big dog in town (compared to Belhaven (D3), Millsaps (D3), Mississippi College (D2) and Tougaloo (NAIA HBCU with no football)) and has been that way for a long time.

If only the black politicians at the state level had any type of power or backbone to actually make Jackson the black hub in the South (and not let Arabs and white people own the big businesses in the city)

Jackson is over 80% black and the big dog in town (compared to Belhaven (D3), Millsaps (D3), Mississippi College (D2) and Tougaloo (NAIA HBCU with no football)) and has been that way for a long time.

If only the black politicians at the state level had any type of power or backbone to actually make Jackson the black hub in the South (and not let Arabs and white people own the big businesses in the city)
I would like to nominate this as the “Most ridiculous statement of the year”! Wow…

Impressive turn out by JSU! Also I seen a handful of ASU fans present but of course they don't travel well outside the state. Deion has really made Jackson, MS more relevant and interesting ... if and when he leaves boy oh boy. I was seeing JSU homecoming all over social media unlike ever before.

I was a little suprrised to see only 10K for Grambling homecoming. But we are still in a pandemic but still LOL ... we had the same number with a worst football team.
If and when he leaves the program will be better off than bbn it was before he came. With all the upgrades with facilities and the return of a winning attitude all it should take to continue winning is the hiring of the the right Coaching staff. Hopson brought winning back to Alcorn. After he left they continued to win with the right Coaching staff.

I would like to nominate this as the “Most ridiculous statement of the year”! Wow…
How is that riduculous? Jackson is over 80% black but non-black people control 80% (if not more) of the economic power in the city.

Also the blacker the city got the less there was to do for fun and shop. White people took their businesses to the suburbs (or north of the city) and blacks haven't been able to replace them in the city. Blacks in Mississippi are a silent majority (I do believe MS is mostly black despite the census saying it's about half and half) ... MS blacks have little power and are not well organized to become more powerful

So the official count was 55,357. Coach prime said it on his morning podcast.
Yeah, I thought I saw that number come up on Social Media last night! Also, to add to what you said earlier about the stadium's capacity number, I remember the explanation the stadium manager gave about what we would always complain about as an undercount based on the appearance of the size of the crowd. He stated that the 62,500 number was based on individuals sitting in the assigned number on the bleacher seat which basically would mean that people would be sitting together shoulder to shoulder in order to arrive at that number---which as we know doesn't and ain't gonna happen! 😂

That attendance sealed the deal on a few of the 200 5*/4* recruits who were on-campus, actually.

Coach Prime is already financially rich. He is enrichening JSU in too many ways w/ talent acquisition, (media) support/exposure, and financial support.
I'm referring to his contract

That is the same question I asked.

Hell I doubt they know.

Mofos must think I'm doing like most of them speaking about Mississippi from outta state. I'm still here and seeing it first hand how Middle Easterners have the hotels and convenience stores on lock and white people with all the other major businesses. White flight to the burbs is real and the growth (especially in Ridgeland and Flowood) shows it.

My comment wasn't meant as a slight. JSU is the big dog in a black city of over 150,000 and could be what ATL was about 20 years ago before gentrification and token c___s like KLB as mayor. They got a mayor with his head on straight but it's hard when you are working against (white) lawmakers in the state intent on keeping Jackson down (and token blacks too weak to do anything about it). Too many of us like to be criticial of things but won't do anything as far as reaching back.

This is the ridiculous part… if I have to explain this then….. nevermind!

So the official count was 55,357. Coach prime said it on his morning podcast.

Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true....
Saying a extra 2K gets him and his crew more money

IJS

That attendance sealed the deal on a few of the 200 5*/4* recruits who were on-campus, actually.

Coach Prime is already financially rich. He is enrichening JSU in too many ways w/ talent acquisition, (media) support/exposure, and financial support.

Sanders can also get bonuses for ticket sales. If a game draws more than 30,000 fans, he gets 10% of all sales after the 30,000. He receives 10% of all season ticket revenue after the first 10,000 are purchased.

IJS

Sanders can also get bonuses for ticket sales. If a game draws more than 30,000 fans, he gets 10% of all sales after the 30,000. He receives 10% of all season ticket revenue after the first 10,000 are purchased.
And you know what? We ain't even mad at him about that!!! 😂 🤣

IJS

Everyone is aware of that bonus structure when it was first introduced. That bonus structure is so, so secondary. smh

What slid under most normal folks' radar was the BIGGER picture.

BIG crowd. BIG recruits in attendance. BIG w/e. BIG festivities. BIG done right. BIG victory. BIG impression for the viewing world. BIG (more) support. BIG (drawing more alums in to) support. BIG. BIG. BIG. Even the BIG message at the end to take the HIGH ROAD was VERY BIG.

The tidal wave was small when it first started. It still hasn't crested yet. I think it's VERY telling when the "prime effect" can literally reel in financial support from non-JSU alums who are alums of other HBCUs. Really proud of what Dr Hudson, AD Ashley Robinson, and coach Prime and his entire staff have accomplished in such a short time. True movers and shakers, w/ full transparency.

Marinate and leave the inherent jealousy/envy out of the observation.

Everyone is aware of that bonus structure when it was first introduced. That bonus structure is so, so secondary. smh

What slid under most normal folks' radar was the BIGGER picture.

BIG crowd. BIG recruits in attendance. BIG w/e. BIG festivities. BIG done right. BIG victory. BIG impression for the viewing world. BIG (more) support. BIG (drawing more alums in to) support. BIG. BIG. BIG. Even the BIG message at the end to take the HIGH ROAD was VERY BIG.

The tidal wave was small when it first started. It still hasn't crested yet. I think it's VERY telling when the "prime effect" can literally reel in financial support from non-JSU alums who are alums of other HBCUs. Really proud of what Dr Hudson, AD Ashley Robinson, and coach Prime and his entire staff have accomplished in such a short time. True movers and shakers, w/ full transparency.

Marinate and leave the inherent jealousy/envy out of the observation.
Love love love this post. I truly hope both of our teams rep in the Swac championship (in Jackson of course 😆).

Love love love this post. I truly hope both of our teams rep in the Swac championship (in Jackson of course ).

Like coach Prime says, we must respect our opponent at all times. Just ensure that we do what we need to do in order to stay competitive and ahead. It would be foolish not to acknowledge the great strides JState has made in less than one year. Not even 12 months and LOOK at all the visible changes which occurred to the program in a short duration: (would be a HELLA' metric to evaulate)

1. Winning season thusfar.
2. Record of 5-1 incl OOC/3-0 undefeated IC sitting atop the SWAC East.
2a. Undefeated record vs D-1 FCS (4-0).
3. Defeated arguably the 2 strongest SWAC East opponents (FAMU/AAMU).
4. New state of the art turf practice facility.
5. Upgrades to facility management.
6. Upgrade to marketing/branding.
7. Upgrade to football season ticket packaging.
8. Much DAILY visibility/transparency to the football program.
9. Increase in financial support in-house and through various revenue streams.
10. Increased notoriety w/ upper-tier HS recruits (5*s/4*s/3*s).

That's just the first 10 lol.

Last edited:
Back