2016 SWAC Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
number1 said:
Much better showing than the 1st game.

Gotta love the fighting spirit of the Jags and there younger kids. Those boys turned into men in the tournament. Getting trashed by the best team in the tourney in round 1 and making back to the semi's is something that doesn't happen. Props to SU.

Reactions: J C
Some of you fellas don't watch much baseball if you think that weird results only happene in the SWAC. Crazy comebacks, error bugs, ugly giveaways, and other unbelievable things happen in every conference. Football and basketball are a different story.

Where did I say it only happens in the SWAC? It happens more often then not in my 26 years of following the SWAC. Especially when we were dishing out 3.5 scholarships a year.

Tough game and a good one! Jags showed a lot of fight. They could have given up after that bashing on Wed night. Errors and walks killed them tonight. The Hornets needed a game like this to stay focus. TXSU will be tough and will fight to the end. Looking forward to the matchup on Sunday. GO Hornets.

We can't start off a game like we did tonight and expect to win going forward. Hopefully Camacho shows why he's one of the greatest pitchers to ever come through the SWAC

Tyler Howe will probably start and Camacho will come out of the pen.

We can't start off a game like we did tonight and expect to win going forward. Hopefully Camacho shows why he's one of the greatest pitchers to ever come through the SWAC
Um no lol. Look at Dewan Day stats when he was at SU. He threw a 1 hitter or perfect game every outing lol. Also Jose Deleon, from SU. Oil can Boyd. The list is to long. That statement is a insult.

Last edited:
Not even close. Waaaaayyyy back in the day, SU needed 3 outs to run rule tSU and tSU came back and won the game.....went on to win the tourney.....went on to Shock Rice. That was the best talented SWAC baseball team to not win the tourney. 3 inflielders and 2 outfielders were drafted from that team. But tSU had heart and never gave up.They were overlooked by Valley and SU.....And whipped Valley and SU.

I was on that team and pitched in that game against SU as we were mounting a come back. If my memory serves me correctly, I do not believe we had a run rule.

That SU team was amazing offensive wise Two players I will never forget is Toussaint, and the tall outfielder who ran like a deer and dropped absolute bombs.

The worst come back I've been apart of was in 2004 against PV. We played 4 seven innings games per weekend. We were leading 12-1 in the 5th inning of a 7th inning game and lost 22-13 in 8 Inn.

Marcus Townsand, RIP.

Man Townsend had a cannon/Barrett 50-cal for an arm. Remember one time, while sitting on the hump and Townsend playing right, he throw a rope from deep right to gunned someone down at the plate. The ball was neck to waist high on the catcher when it got to the plate. That was my first time seeing someone in college pull some Raul Mondesi-type shit.

Man Townsend had a cannon/Barrett 50-cal for an arm. Remember one time, while sitting on the hump and Townsend playing right, he throw a rope from deep right to gunned someone down at the plate. The ball was neck to waist high on the catcher when it got to the plate. That was my first time seeing someone in college pull some Raul Mondesi-type shit.
Man I saw him throw a guy out, from the wall, on a deep fly, and the guy was tagging up at third. It's crazy the amount of talent SU had back then. Marcus Chandler's arm was better than Townsend IMO. I have yet to see a more physically talented college baseball team than what SU had from 01-03, a team full of 5 tools players. SU was so loaded Townsand and Fred Lewis were redshirted. Coco Crisp was redshirted also and Transferred. Only if they had a couple more pitchers. Dewan Day only gave up 1 or 2 hits, can't remember, in the NCAA regional game vs #16 Southern Miss lol. SU Had more players drafted 24, from 01-04 than any team in college.

Last edited:
Texas Southern has faced better teams and defeated them all quite easily. They seem to have the better defense and all-around team. They have more playoff experience and they play small ball, which is excellent for the playoffs.
Bama State may have the edge in hitting though.
If the game's close, I give the edge to Texas Southern, if it's a blowout, Bama State wins.
And their coach is a brutha.

Last edited:
Um no lol. Look at Dewan Day stats when he was at SU. He threw a 1 hitter or perfect game every outing lol. Also Jose Deleon, from SU. Oil can Boyd. The list is to long. That statement is a insult.
Ummm no your lack of reading skills is an insult. I clearly said Camacho is ONE OF the greatest (not the greatest) pitchers to come through the SWAC. Dude is 36-4 and has only lost one game in the last 3 seasons

Ummm no your lack of reading skills is an insult. I clearly said Camacho is ONE OF the greatest (not the greatest) pitchers to come through the SWAC. Dude is 36-4 and has only lost one game in the last 3 seasons
I read exactly what you said, that's why I named multiple pitchers. Today's Swac, is no where near as talented as the Swac where the players I named played. Dude is good, but the league isn't on the same level Talent wise, as it once was. That statement is a insult and anyone who has been around Swac baseball will say the same.

Yes it is an insult. You are 100% correct.

Last edited:
I read exactly what you said. Today's Swac, is no where near as talented as the Swac where the players I named played. Dude is good, but the league isn't on the same level as it once was. That statement is a insult and anyone who has been around Swac baseball will say the same.
SO based on your logic no player will ever be able to be called great because it the SWAC is not like how it used to be? Thanks for that update

Yes it is an insult. You are 100% correct.
SO based on your logic no player will ever be able to be called great because it the SWAC is not like how it used to be? Thanks for that update
No, I have saw him pitch against a freshman SU team this season and subpar SU team last season. I wasn't impressed. SU knocked him out last season and hit him this season. I didn't see a all time great.

No, I have saw him pitch against a freshman SU team this season and subpar SU team last season. I wasn't impressed. SU knocked him out last season and hit him this season. I didn't see a all time great.
As usual, you are wrong. Camacho didn't pitch against SU last season. Once again, dude has only lost once in the last 3 seasons. He's pitched in 40 games and only lost one game but apparently that's only considered good. Oh yeah btw, he's a 3 time SWAC Pitcher of the Year

As usual, you are wrong. Camacho didn't pitch against SU last season. Once again, dude has only lost once in the last 3 seasons. He's pitched in 40 games and only lost one game but apparently that's only considered good. Oh yeah btw, he's a 3 time SWAC Pitcher of the Year

You'd get a more quality conversation from a brick wall brah. You're wasting keystrokes and broadband attempting to reason w/ "it." :D lol Kudos to Camacho, one of the SWAC's best, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back