2015-2016 Swac & Meac Band #'s predictions

AS I STATED since the video Haymer has inked $200,000 that does not include endorsements from this past year,,, WITHOUT SU ADMINISTRATION,,, and this IS AGAIN 1 year and a few months into him taking over the band,,

And alot of people forget even though TC is private, the standards on getting in is basically a high school diploma,,and atleast a 2.0,, which makes it easier to get students,,

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And alot of people forget even though TC is private, the standards on getting in is basically a high school diploma,,and atleast a 2.0,, which makes it easier to get students,,

This explains a lot. Now I can understand why and how they got their numbers

Last edited:
Band camps are under way as we speak... To southern fans congrats on the raised money...! I'm not a hater when it comes to financial impacts or declines programs face. We as fans should be careful how we criticize a program for every program has their financial woahs that can cripple the program. Also all and all I support music man ... It's a powerful tool for our children to grow and do if they choose. Can't hate on that at all. I hope southern and jsu continue to thrive it will encourage others to follow thus getting back to a solid swac for bands, great battles , more band attendance at away games across the board, and up to date instruments for our kids to play on and further their learning in their schools.

So we agree on the following so far to keep this thread from turning into a smack one

SU - increase ( 230-250 members)
Jsu - increase (250-280 members)
Talledega - increase (190-230 members)
Txsu maintain current size (110-130)
Alcorn ????
Aamu - increase (130-155 members)

Let's talk some meac now ... Talked to my fam who plays drums at Norfolk he says they're being very aggressive with recruiting and our expecting to increase to 145 members vs like 90-110 they had this past year. More trumpets , b-tones and trombones is their focus

Bcu is expected to be back at over 250 again close to 300 from a source I know from their school.

Famu is still a question mark ... I think they increase based off of program prestige , but idk I think bcu might be the spot now in Florida along with the smaller institutions there.... Thoughts on my updates ?

Band camps are under way as we speak... To southern fans congrats on the raised money...! I'm not a hater when it comes to financial impacts or declines programs face. We as fans should be careful how we criticize a program for every program has their financial woahs that can cripple the program. Also all and all I support music man ... It's a powerful tool for our children to grow and do if they choose. Can't hate on that at all. I hope southern and jsu continue to thrive it will encourage others to follow thus getting back to a solid swac for bands, great battles , more band attendance at away games across the board, and up to date instruments for our kids to play on and further their learning in their schools.
Well done my brother and I agree 100%!!! Congrats to Su and anyone else that takes steps forward to better his/her programs!

So we agree on the following so far to keep this thread from turning into a smack one

Alcorn ????

Let's talk some meac now ... Talked to my fam who plays drums at Norfolk he says they're being very aggressive with recruiting and our expecting to increase to 145 members vs like 90-110 they had this past year. More trumpets , b-tones and trombones is their focus

Bcu is expected to be back at over 250 again close to 300 from a source I know from their school.

Famu is still a question mark ... I think they increase based off of program prestige , but idk I think bcu might be the spot now in Florida along with the smaller institutions there.... Thoughts on my updates ?
Just knowing the number of freshman that have signed up and paid for band camp already and the number of returning boomers,I'm hearing their numbers will top between 280 and 300. They're starting with 325-350 and we usually have a 25-30 member drop after band camp and these numbers are from an inside source. This will probably be the largest Jsu band in our history! Dowell Taylor left them set up and I don't see it dropping off no time soon.

Just knowing the number of freshman that have signed up and paid for band camp already and the number of returning boomers,I'm hearing their numbers will top between 280 and 300. They're starting with 325-350 and we usually have a 25-30 member drop after band camp and these numbers are from an inside source. This will probably be the largest Jsu band in our history! Dowell Taylor left them set up and I don't see it dropping off no time soon.[/QUOTE

That's very good news for them! But with a big band comes great responsibility and a mind that can create. Balance balance balance ... I need that 2013 boom sound back ... I listened on YouTube this morning and if I was a j-state arranger ., I would write ballads like "Love" Musiq child , "didn't know my own strength" Whitney Houston, sugar maroon 5, etc... Songs like this give their book back diversity ,stretch the complexity of sounds the boom can produce, and separate them from other trendy band music ... They're more than a rap song band that can be loud... Now we need to add musical presence back to our band. Field shows should be played with too. Maybe change the entrances ... I think a tiger run on from four corners of the field to middle to spell j.s.u. And adding skits with j5 and a select group of band members dancing off against each other to music heard on the radio with dances recognizable in the clubs... More jabs at the other school ... They should play southerns neck all loud and sharp and out of tune and have the drum major fall and have the announcer say let's get ratchet like southern or something.... Just some ideas ... That's great news though! #LuvTheBoom

Sometimes JR talks so much, he reminds me of a ventriloquist doll sitting on someone's knee. lol

picture-11.png

*snicker*

Just knowing the number of freshman that have signed up and paid for band camp already and the number of returning boomers,I'm hearing their numbers will top between 280 and 300. They're starting with 325-350 and we usually have a 25-30 member drop after band camp and these numbers are from an inside source. This will probably be the largest Jsu band in our history! Dowell Taylor left them set up and I don't see it dropping off no time soon.
Y'all pay for band camp?

Alcorn ????

Everything seems spot on except for JSU and Talladega. I think you were too conservative for them. I can easily see both reaching 300.

Everything seems spot on except for JSU and Talladega. I think you were too conservative for them. I can easily see both reaching 300.

I see Bama St. at or around 300 too with that TV show & their history of being able to have a large band

That's very good news for them! But with a big band comes great responsibility and a mind that can create. Balance balance balance ... I need that 2013 boom sound back ... I listened on YouTube this morning and if I was a j-state arranger ., I would write ballads like "Love" Musiq child , "didn't know my own strength" Whitney Houston, sugar maroon 5, etc... Songs like this give their book back diversity ,stretch the complexity of sounds the boom can produce, and separate them from other trendy band music ... They're more than a rap song band that can be loud... Now we need to add musical presence back to our band. Field shows should be played with too. Maybe change the entrances ... I think a tiger run on from four corners of the field to middle to spell j.s.u. And adding skits with j5 and a select group of band members dancing off against each other to music heard on the radio with dances recognizable in the clubs... More jabs at the other school ... They should play southerns neck all loud and sharp and out of tune and have the drum major fall and have the announcer say let's get ratchet like southern or something.... Just some ideas ... That's great news though! #LuvTheBoom

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Great suggestions man!!! I also loved the 2013 sound. It was very well balanced so hopefully they'll get back to that this season. I would rather hear more complete tunes as well because that's traditionally been our forte. Back then we only did the tiger run on a few times a season,mostly at homecoming instead of every game. Like you say,anything to change it up a little!

Good points. Hahahahahaha!!! That would be far more creative than some elementary format of "JSwho".

That doe

sn't make any sense

So basically what SU has been doing for at least 3 decades?

So basically what SU has been doing for at least 3 decades?

I'm glad you said this , so for one southern has been doing the skits and jabs for 30 plus , however that doesn't mean other bands can't put their own spins on such things... Southern isn't the start of bands... Pride and being a fan is one thing but yal su folks need to stop doing that and I'm talking beyond you ... Cause I get on YouTube and look at comment sections and see people saying that su created cranking and I'm like yal have been consistent with it but other bands can evolve too.. They just put their spin on it... That's like saying another band is being like southern if they blast a popular song in their book that another band happens to have arranged. Things change, people change, and band philosophy may change don't mean it's a rip off of southern. If anything yal opened a door for 30 years for others to follow and put their own spin on similar costumes ... Nobody wants to be or copy southern ... Leave that burden to southern... However, I'll agree there if that's what your saying but that other stuff your fellow su fans say about others copying is stupid to me... Just me though just me. Carry on my jag fan. :)

I'm glad you said this , so for one southern has been doing the skits and jabs for 30 plus , however that doesn't mean other bands can't put their own spins on such things... Southern isn't the start of bands... Pride and being a fan is one thing but yal su folks need to stop doing that and I'm talking beyond you ... Cause I get on YouTube and look at comment sections and see people saying that su created cranking and I'm like yal have been consistent with it but other bands can evolve too.. They just put their spin on it... That's like saying another band is being like southern if they blast a popular song in their book that another band happens to have arranged. Things change, people change, and band philosophy may change don't mean it's a rip off of southern. If anything yal opened a door for 30 years for others to follow and put their own spin on similar costumes ... Nobody wants to be or copy southern ... Leave that burden to southern... However, I'll agree there if that's what your saying but that other stuff your fellow su fans say about others copying is stupid to me... Just me though just me. Carry on my jag fan. :)
Lol, I understand.

But JSU did copy I Don't Give a F--- note for note. lol

Lol, I understand.

But JSU did copy I Don't Give a F--- note for note. lol

Lol. Yal own that song lol the way aamu tried to rewrite the song I would've did the same thing as jsu stole the southern arrangement and went with it lol ... Aamu'a version sounded slaw as hell ! :')

Back