2003 SWAC Drumline Numbers?

Jazz is nowhere near difficult from me. I don't memorize jazz though. (Been playing more classical)

On your logical statement (since you gettin all ARISTOTLE): Where is it law that to describe the meaning is to answer the question that was asked.

Now seriously, all smack aside, if you're gonna show, great. You won't be disapointed. I can play. The reason why I made that challenge is because you were smacking with no basis in my opinion. Ex. I've seen kids play basketball with more fundamentals than some NBA players as they play the game, dig? It's a personal thing when you smack against an individuals musicality as opposed to the band. We don't study band over here, we really DO have some good musicians.

Originally posted by WorldFamed-81
My young Brother... the two most difficult forms of music are Jazz & Classic. If you can get those down your doing well.

By the way, if one is in college then one should know that if a question is ask; to define... then one should not describe, there is a diffrents. As one may have describe a meaning, but that's not to say that one defined the meaning.

Actually I did give an acurate definition of a "slur". You actually described it as far as the way it sounds. Then again it would depend upon your "interpretation" of the question. The definition could technically be called a description as well if you were asking for the "look" of a slur on manuscript. My definition was the text book definition of slur.:rolleyes:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's how it got to this point. Someone smacked with no basis and called it just being musical and it got here. You're right....let's get back on topic then......

Originally posted by lilC
That's how it got to this point. Someone smacked with no basis and called it just being musical and it got here. You're right....let's get back on topic then......

If you haven't heard or met a musician that can play better than a non-music major than surely you haven't been off of this campus! In addition, why don't you go Borders and purchase a few CDs or look up the folowing cats, for that matter look in to a couple of classical cuts such as "The Pines of Rome", The Maullard Symphony, Dizzy, Miles, Coltrane, Whalum (oops should I say Kirk Whalum - TSU grad), Marsalis Brothers, Brecker brothers, Etc...

I'll even give you a non-music major, non - music reader: Guitarist Jimi Hendrix. Not saying that one had to be a music major to know music but if one loves music, one should be able to define it, not describe it.

Since you have a lil trigger trombone, I'll be the older gentleman with a Silver 42B Bach Stradavarius.

Oh, if you want to learn jazz, you might want to look up COnrad Johnson and see if he'll help you.

I know yall got off the main subject but,....

I'm really enjoying the conversation between you two. lilC,....I'm impressed. You are holding your own against an old schooler and for that you have my respect as a musician!!!!

Carry on gentlemen!

If you haven't heard or met a musician that can play better than a non-music major than surely you haven't been off of this campus! In addition, why don't you go Borders and purchase a few CDs or look up the folowing cats, for that matter look in to a couple of classical cuts such as "The Pines of Rome", The Maullard Symphony, Dizzy, Miles, Coltrane, Whalum (oops should I say Kirk Whalum - TSU grad), Marsalis Brothers, Brecker brothers, Etc...

I'll even give you a non-music major, non - music reader: Guitarist Jimi Hendrix. Not saying that one had to be a music major to know music but if one loves music, one should be able to define it, not describe it.

Since you have a lil trigger trombone, I'll be the older gentleman with a Silver 42B Bach Stradavarius.

Oh, if you want to learn jazz, you might want to look up COnrad Johnson and see if he'll help you.

I don't care what kind of trombone you have or I have. I've got a Benge 165F attachment. I don't have the money but I make it sound like I DID. 4:30 pm, Tuesday, Rhinehart Auditorium on TSU campus. That's the corner of Cleburne and Ennis.
Frank Lacy was not a music major. (And ain't too many trombone players can touch him....if ANY). Logically, 1 out of the norm would make the norm......not THE NORM. One may only need to be literate to be a true connosieur of music. To love it would be to have the zeal and effort to learn at least the aspect of getting pleasure out of it. (We can argue all day on logic....you aren't winning)
And I know Conrad personally. Ever heard of Roy Patterson? That's one of Conrad's (deceased) but best friends. That's my grandfather's brother of the Patterson Brothers Band of Austin, TX. I was ALWAYS told to follow my own musical way and I was also told that the hardest music to play was the MOUTH because if you put a horn to it then you're singing! Truth be told, I'm mostly a classical player but I CAN PLAY IT ALL ON ANY HORN YOU'VE GOT. You got the music, bring it. I'll prove you. If you doubt me.....ASK MY BAND DIRECTOR AND HE'LL PERSONALLY TELL YOU THE SAME.

(Or ask Blade and Kay Bee) They know me well, especially Kay Bee.

I don't care what kind of trombone you have or I have. I've got a Benge 165F attachment. I don't have the money but I make it sound like I DID. 4:30 pm, Tuesday, Rhinehart Auditorium on TSU campus. That's the corner of Cleburne and Ennis.
Frank Lacy was not a music major. (And ain't too many trombone players can touch him....if ANY). Logically, 1 out of the norm would make the norm......not THE NORM. One may only need to be literate to be a true connosieur of music. To love it would be to have the zeal and effort to learn at least the aspect of getting pleasure out of it. (We can argue all day on logic....you aren't winning)
And I know Conrad personally. Ever heard of Roy Patterson? That's one of Conrad's (deceased) but best friends. That's my grandfather's brother of the Patterson Brothers Band of Austin, TX. I was ALWAYS told to follow my own musical way and I was also told that the hardest music to play was the MOUTH because if you put a horn to it then you're singing! Truth be told, I'm mostly a classical player but I CAN PLAY IT ALL ON ANY HORN YOU'VE GOT. You got the music, bring it. I'll prove you. If you doubt me.....ASK MY BAND DIRECTOR AND HE'LL PERSONALLY TELL YOU THE SAME.

(Or ask Blade and Kay Bee) They know me well, especially Kay Bee.

My young Brother..... I will see you there!!! Hell I will even pass by now to see if I can see you now. "Show Time"

I'm at work in the testing department right now. At 4:30 pm I'm playing an orchestra gig in the museum on campus. I'm the guy playing the horn with the copper coated bell.

Matter of fact....I think I know who you are and I think you know me. Do you work here? And have you visited one of our practices (if I remember right)? If so, then you should remember me. Check your PM.

Okay, this has gone far enough. No disrespect intended, but exactly why in the blue heyal are we on this thread smacking and talking about horns? This is supposed to be a drumline number thread (which is what I thought this topic was about). Could we just get back to the topic, please?

Tha-a-a-nk you....

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
:redhot: :redhot: How in the heck did ya'll start talkin about jazz on here:redhot: :redhot:

Music....... just went deep, but really it was to easy to get the young brother fired up. I saw the opening and took it.

Believe me, I'm not fired up at all. And remember, you started it. Finish it at 4:30.

Music....... just went deep, but really it was to easy to get the young brother fired up. I saw the opening and took it.
:redhot: :redhot: It is time for this topic to end....Nuff said:redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: get some

Originally posted by stromie
if you must know we are marching 225 this year and the only reason pv did good was because someone came down and looked at our dance cause you know like i know pv anit ****. then on top of that our mine was not in the game cause we had other things to think about. but you know when you come down and take some one whole dance and try to do it and still look like **** then hay what can you say about that nothing cause every body know pv cant do on there own we know the help was needed. pv got us when we was down but come back and feel what we put on jsu this last week end. and when you think about it su got in that ass what band in the swac get up with 7:00 to play ***** pv need to get them some balls before they come at us wrong. now you get off of dick and try staying the whole game 2001 holding it down holla back
i smell---------i smell-------i smelll-------------p-ssy. what in the hell did you just say, pv stole something, and in fact you said pv stole something from ya'llllllllll ha ha ha ha ha ha that is the joke of the year you need to be a king of comedy, wait a minute while i get off the floor from laughing so hard (puff puff pass) you have lost your mutha ------g mind. remember ocean of stole we don't steal, we are trensetters not coattail riders. in fact who did ya'll fashion ya'll new style after huhhhhhhhh ft. please ya'll had to revert back to that old atage, if you can't beat them join them or imitate them or act like them or something. i was just about to give the ft props for looking better but then you had to go and kick my dog in the azz........................ya'll bass drummers and ya'll tenor drummers or weak. ya'll sound loud but how much louder could they be if they were not so lazy. them dam tenor drummers or playing with those lollipop azz mallets(do they have strings on them this year)????? twirl'em like a helicopter then:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So yet, you would try and discredit any non-music major or non Phi Mu Alpha person?:rolleyes: I mean really, he answered your question VERY accurately. And it's something that you would be so immature as to ASSume that someone in any other band besides yours doesn't know anything about music. I have yet to meet a music major who had really THAT much over anyone else who wanted to study it. Music is not an art for MUSICIANS ONLY. And besides you didn't answer MY question as I know you won't bring your horn. So your little tactic of "talking" without playing like I described hasn't ever, doesn't ever and won't ever work.

smh~ Like you got the monopoly on music cuz you know a audibly-described definition. OMG, next you'll be asking whether or not we know what "timber" means.....:rolleyes: And you sposed to be old school.:lmao: More like weak school.:lmao:

Where is SUtrpt96? Remember THATROMBONEGUY and how he was trying to act like nobody on here "knew" music?:lmao:
lilc i got your back little homie. sometimes it's best not to entertain somebody that just got thru reading a book or had a conversation with somebody that just enlighten them on certain issues. you can really tell when somebody is digging deep and man this cat is almost to china...he was aprt of the world famed when they made that dam welch's commercial and that has been their defining moment in history, after that they have been down hill from there but riding that prestige as being called the world famed....and take them dam bucks off do ya'll work at the hospital.

Originally posted by tellitlikeittiz
lilc i got your back little homie. sometimes it's best not to entertain somebody that just got thru reading a book or had a conversation with somebody that just enlighten them on certain issues. you can really tell when somebody is digging deep and man this cat is almost to china...he was aprt of the world famed when they made that dam welch's commercial and that has been their defining moment in history, after that they have been down hill from there but riding that prestige as being called the world famed....and take them dam bucks off do ya'll work at the hospital.

First that's FAMU with the welchs commercial, we had the Coke. I seen Japan twice, several Basketball All Star games, and a SuperBowl to just to name a few things.

so I not leaveing on anyone else famed but you are.-

conrad johnson was the band director at my high school(that would be KASHMERE SENIOR HIGH IN HOUSTON) that should let you know what kind of high school band that we had and what kind of musicians we had, there was no shaming over there. Conrad also started the music program at forestbrook high school.. this dude was too cold........then slyvester leblanc s.u alum came in at kashmere and man back to back cold azz band directors that were jazz enthusiaist.

He (World-famed 81) was gettin' at me cuz he knows me anyway. Tellitlikeitiz....no one knows who stromie is and he keeps puttin up numbers and other info about the Ocean that no one in the Ocean right now has even heard of. Don't sweat him.

He (World-famed 81) was gettin' at me cuz he knows me anyway. Tellitlikeitiz....no one knows who stromie is and he keeps puttin up numbers and other info about the Ocean that no one in the Ocean right now has even heard of. Don't sweat him.
ya'll will find out who stromie is because he tlks too much smack and he will say something one day and it will let you know. oh yeah i enjoyed how you held your own with world-famed 81, that was real in the game, i know tellitlikeittiz and he is true to game too........

Back