2003 SWAC Drumline Numbers?

Stromie, do you have a PV fetish? Don't get mad because our dance routine got more house than y'all and we had NO announcer. You all had the guy that actually made up the dance that BOTH of us did, and you STILL got boo'ed. But that's way in the past....We got bigger (well, smaller) fish to fry.

Some people just can't get past the hate to give ANYBODY any credit.

Originally posted by s phi s
Stromie, do you have a PV fetish? Don't get mad because our dance routine got more house than y'all and we had NO announcer. You all had the guy that actually made up the dance that BOTH of us did, and you STILL got boo'ed. But that's way in the past....We got bigger (well, smaller) fish to fry.

Some people just can't get past the hate to give ANYBODY any credit.

Don't entertain this cat. And we aren't the same band from the LDC anyway. This dude is an unknown so far.

Stromie, watch your language. If you're gonna represent TSU on any site then do it with some class on the band pages. And if you're a crab you're not supposed to be here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ocean of Amazement

15 snares
8 leg tenors
6 bass drums
8 cymbals

lilC is the director, all the dance routines and funk trains consist of 32 counts of pelvic thrusting after some type of DCI type cadence.

lilC is not only the head band director.....he is also SUPERMAN.:D

Musician..... that's a word that the Funk Train needs to learn, percussion should be felt and not heard. Does TSU know any other volume that BLASTING?
Try playing in hamony and not in unison all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by WorldFamed-81
Musician..... that's a word that the Funk Train needs to learn, percussion should be felt and not heard. Does TSU know any other volume that BLASTING?

Dumb Arse Obviously you haven't heard TxSU . SInce when have they played everything in unison . :rolleyes:

Matter of fact you didn't even stay on topic just the crab that was posting BS. Yet you're the first to holler should someone SMACK ON gRAMBLING.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lilC
Matter of fact you didn't even stay on topic just the crab that was posting BS. Yet you're the first to holler should someone SMACK ON gRAMBLING.:rolleyes:

Co-signing...

It's obvious that this "schmuck"(Worldlamed-81) is trying to jump on a bandwagon that has lost it's wheel. He feels that everyone will back him in saying what he said. He thinks it will make him accepted. Notice the number of post he has. Just that alone makes him suspect ...

I see TSU enough..... the problem is TSU needs to work on pulling there Band together. Now that's not to say other SWAC Bands have not had to do the samething.

For TSU to come off a good year on last year and to do the type of shows there are doing now...... it's a big diffrents!

Hell, can you give me 5 members in the band that are not Phi MU Alpha, that can define a slur? For that matter tell me how many major scales there are?

By the way Grambling had it's time hanging at the Bottom.

I see TSU enough..... the problem is TSU needs to work on pulling there Band together. Now that's not to say other SWAC Bands have not had to do the samething.

For TSU to come off a good year on last year and to do the type of shows there are doing now...... it's a big diffrents!

Hell, can you give me 5 members in the band that are not Phi MU Alpha, that can define a slur? For that matter tell me how many major scales there are?

First off TxSU only had one show that wasn't the norm this year and that was only due to the dance routine. They look way better than they did last year

Oh... ahem....

Slur : Can be described as a curved line bewteen two or more notes of different pitch to indicate that they are to be performed in legato style....

There are 12 major scales which are divided into three groups.

Oh and another thing dumb arse. Members of the Ocean are required to know all twelve scales. They run them everyday in rehearsal Batch!!! :lmao:

Why you gotta be Phi Mu ALpha to be musical in your mind? Cuz you're ignorant that's why. Since you play the trombone (and I do too) why don't you tell me the preferred syllable to use when playing the trombone to produce a PROFESSIONAL tone.

Originally posted by dominion1906
First off TxSU only had one show that wasn't the norm this year and that was only due to the dance routine. They look way better than they did last year

Oh... ahem....

Slur : Can be described as a curved line bewteen two or more notes of different pitch to indicate that they are to be performed in legato style....

There are 12 major scales which are divided into three groups.

Oh and another thing dumb arse. Members of the Ocean are required to know all twelve scales. They run them everyday in rehearsal Batch!!! :lmao:

Ok Music what every man... A slur is the smooth movement from one tone to another with out breaking the air column.

As I said ........... Defind not Described

Ok Music what every man... A slur is the smooth movement from one tone to another with out breaking the air column.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You marched with me huh?????

You just DESCRIBED a slur with reference to sound....not definition. He did give the accurate DEFINITION OF A SLUR. Why don't answer MY question? I see you're in Houston. Why don't you drop by the band hall with some horn and share some of that "old school" knowledge.

snicker:Remembering what prof Thornton told me about cats that define music but don't bring they horn :cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You just DESCRIBED a slur with reference to sound....not definition. He did give the accurate DEFINITION OF A SLUR. Why don't answer MY question? I see you're in Houston. Why don't you drop by the band hall with some horn and share some of that "old school" knowledge.

snicker:Remembering what prof Thornton told me about cats that define music but don't bring they horn :cool:

No problem what's a good time for you? After lunch? Better yet let's have a play off!

3 Cuts in Jazz
3 Classic
3 From the other for sight reading
Then a short arrangement in Tenor Clef, to answer your quesion

Oh yes,....that's old school!!!!

percussion should be felt and not heard. Does TSU know any other volume that BLASTING?
When you said that,...I heard echoes of Joe Miller. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Like hell, were did you learn Music Theroy from. Then again I forgot I'm not talking to musician. (Just blow in the horn and make noise)

Hey try learning MUSICOLOGY: (To help you out) A study of music as a branch of knowledge or field of research.

MUSIC: The science or art of combining tones into a composition having structure and continunity; also vocal or instrumental sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony.

So yet, you would try and discredit any non-music major or non Phi Mu Alpha person?:rolleyes: I mean really, he answered your question VERY accurately. And it's something that you would be so immature as to ASSume that someone in any other band besides yours doesn't know anything about music. I have yet to meet a music major who had really THAT much over anyone else who wanted to study it. Music is not an art for MUSICIANS ONLY. And besides you didn't answer MY question as I know you won't bring your horn. So your little tactic of "talking" without playing like I described hasn't ever, doesn't ever and won't ever work.

smh~ Like you got the monopoly on music cuz you know a audibly-described definition. OMG, next you'll be asking whether or not we know what "timber" means.....:rolleyes: And you sposed to be old school.:lmao: More like weak school.:lmao:

Where is SUtrpt96? Remember THATROMBONEGUY and how he was trying to act like nobody on here "knew" music?:lmao:

So yet, you would try and discredit any non-music major or non Phi Mu Alpha person?:rolleyes: I mean really, he answered your question VERY accurately. And it's something that you would be so immature as to ASSume that someone in any other band besides yours doesn't know anything about music. I have yet to meet a music major who had really THAT much over anyone else who wanted to study it. Music is not an art for MUSICIANS ONLY. And besides you didn't answer MY question as I know you won't bring your horn. So your little tactic of "talking" without playing like I described hasn't ever, doesn't ever and won't ever work.

smh~ Like you got the monopoly on music cuz you know a audibly-described definition. OMG, next you'll be asking whether or not we know what "timber" means.....:rolleyes: And you sposed to be old school.:lmao: More like weak school.:lmao:

Where is SUtrpt96? Remember THATROMBONEGUY and how he was trying to act like nobody on here "knew" music?:lmao:

As I said before what time will you be at the band hall? And do you have your music together to perform? I answer your question you have to give me a time to me you.

Here you go with lies over and over. You DID NOT answer my question and you did not ask for a time but since you want one. Tuesday- 4:30 PM. My name is Charles. I'm the cat on the trigger trombone. We should be in sectional so bring your horn. And since you're the one who's older YOU BRING YOUR BOOK AND I'LL SIGHT READ IT FOR YOU. I already have a repertoire (and no, I'm not a music major). And so you won't try to pull nothing, I'll be sure Kyle is there too. He's the section leader and he's got a rep too and whatever I play he can too. This is to PROVE to you that TALKING music is just that. Bring that horn and don't give no excuses like "I'm rusty....I hate this horn.....I wasn't ready...."

(wondering why you decided do edit that reference to what time and all when I LEFT the computer anyway):rolleyes:
If you're online now, I'll be in the bandhall at about 4:15 for a little while today. And I CAN play comparably even when I'm NOT warmed up.

I don't want 3 cuts in jazz. Bring your repertoire book. I can't have played as much jazz as you cuz you're older....duh.:rolleyes:

Bring your method book and pick a page and I'll read it down for ya. Bring tenor clef too, I like tenor clef, makes you play in tune.

I don't want 3 cuts in jazz. Bring your repertoire book. I can't have played as much jazz as you cuz you're older....duh.:rolleyes:

Bring your method book and pick a page and I'll read it down for ya. Bring tenor clef too, I like tenor clef, makes you play in tune.

My young Brother... the two most difficult forms of music are Jazz & Classic. If you can get those down your doing well.

By the way, if one is in college then one should know that if a question is ask; to define... then one should not describe, there is a diffrents. As one may have describe a meaning, but that's not to say that one defined the meaning.

Back