2003 SWAC Drumline Numbers?

Mastermind

What up, fellow SWACPage percussionists!

What are the numbers for your drumline this year? Is it getting bigger or smaller?

I just recently saw a few lines from some of the premiere bands, and they've gotten a little smaller last year, and this just lead me to asking this question. I already know about UAPB, and they are almost as big as the 2000 season.

Holla back!

i have to give it to the FT at TSU on their size they got bigger this year and they be holding it down. so holla back

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Try to be a little specific; how many numbers are there in each subsection? (Snares, Multi-tenors, tenors, cymbals, basses)

It is the B-O-X here.......Marching Storm PVAMU.......... 8-10 cymbals........12 snares.......6-8 tenors.....5 quints.....5 basses.......That pretty much wraps it up for the hottest section for years in the SWAC........IT takes a real man to be in the B--O-- X..........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
It is the B-O-X here.......Marching Storm PVAMU.......... 8-10 cymbals........12 snares.......6-8 tenors.....5 quints.....5 basses.......That pretty much wraps it up for the hottest section for years in the SWAC........IT takes a real man to be in the B--O-- X..........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

12 snares? I thought the BOX only does up to 10, and I could've sworn you all had marched 6 basses in the 2001 season.

Originally posted by Mastermind
12 snares? I thought the BOX only does up to 10, and I could've sworn you all had marched 6 basses in the 2001 season.
Mr. Mastermind.....We, The BOX, has all new equipment this year....Courtesy or Pearl Drums.....The Premier equipment we formerly marching with, yes, we had a maximum of ten snares now the max is 12 and we have marched 12 snares every game this season.....We have 6 new Pearl Bass Drums but of course we just dont put anyone on a drum just to fill up the extra equipment......Funk Train-TxSU, do you understand that......11 bass drums for a 150 piece band??? C,mon and get seroius:D :D :D :redhot: :redhot:

I was hoping you all did get some new equipment this year. I just thought that the BOX would stick to getting just Premier instead of Pearl, though. Were you all sponsored by Premier at one point, or did you just purchase their equipment at the time? What color shells are you all marching with? Hopefully it isn't plain white, 'cause I see everyone marching with white drums.

I haven't seen the Ocean yet, but word on the 5th Quarter is that their numbers are actually bigger than 150 (I'm thinking 200-250 or maybe 300), which is probably the reason why the Funk Train has huge numbers.

By the way, PLEEEEEASE don't call me "Mr."; I'm not that old yet! :lol:

Just in case you can't catch the link, here's what their drums look like:

154c9b50.jpg

Snare drum in Blue and White
2338c7e0.jpg

Tenor drum in Blue and Black with Pinstripe heads
17394be0.jpg

Bass drum in all white

Of course they make equipment just for pipe bands, but if they had marching equipment now, just imagine the sound and the look for the BOX!

Nice numbers....

UAPB Percussion got 12 snares, 10 tenors, 6 quints, 8 basses, 10 cymbals......

the line

Originally posted by Mastermind
Try to be a little specific; how many numbers are there in each subsection? (Snares, Multi-tenors, tenors, cymbals, basses)

i say it's about 17 snares 6 quints, 8 cymbals, 10 basses and about 12 *****s that only play in the stands and in the band room. and its about 8 tenors

get some

Mr. Mastermind.....We, The BOX, has all new equipment this year....Courtesy or Pearl Drums.....The Premier equipment we formerly marching with, yes, we had a maximum of ten snares now the max is 12 and we have marched 12 snares every game this season.....We have 6 new Pearl Bass Drums but of course we just dont put anyone on a drum just to fill up the extra equipment......Funk Train-TxSU, do you understand that......11 bass drums for a 150 piece band??? C,mon and get seroius:D :D :D :redhot: :redhot:

if you must know we are marching 225 this year and the only reason pv did good was because someone came down and looked at our dance cause you know like i know pv anit ****. then on top of that our mine was not in the game cause we had other things to think about. but you know when you come down and take some one whole dance and try to do it and still look like **** then hay what can you say about that nothing cause every body know pv cant do on there own we know the help was needed. pv got us when we was down but come back and feel what we put on jsu this last week end. and when you think about it su got in that ass what band in the swac get up with 7:00 to play ***** pv need to get them some balls before they come at us wrong. now you get off of dick and try staying the whole game 2001 holding it down holla back

Re: get some

Originally posted by stromie
if you must know we are marching 225 this year and the only reason pv did good was because someone came down and looked at our dance cause you know like i know pv anit ****. then on top of that our mine was not in the game cause we had other things to think about. but you know when you come down and take some one whole dance and try to do it and still look like **** then hay what can you say about that nothing cause every body know pv cant do on there own we know the help was needed. pv got us when we was down but come back and feel what we put on jsu this last week end. and when you think about it su got in that ass what band in the swac get up with 7:00 to play ***** pv need to get them some balls before they come at us wrong. now you get off of dick and try staying the whole game 2001 holding it down holla back
:redhot: :redhot: Brutha, please.......U can save that mess for someone else.......Why in the the world we gonna lower our standards by stealing a dance from ya'll.......ain't nobody spy on ya'll off Ennis and Cleburne.......Get a grip.....All those songs in the dance rountine that both of our bands played were pretty much the only songs being played mainstream on the radio......The people that made up ya'lls dance realized that and so did our people......So save that shiznit for some other band....And I still say 11 bass drums was still to many for ya'lls size.....Ya dig???:redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: get some

:redhot: :redhot: Brutha, please.......U can save that mess for someone else.......Why in the the world we gonna lower our standards by stealing a dance from ya'll.......ain't nobody spy on ya'll off Ennis and Cleburne.......Get a grip.....All those songs in the dance rountine that both of our bands played were pretty much the only songs being played mainstream on the radio......The people that made up ya'lls dance realized that and so did our people......So save that shiznit for some other band....And I still say 11 bass drums was still to many for ya'lls size.....Ya dig???

Re: Re: get some

:redhot: :redhot: Brutha, please.......U can save that mess for someone else.......Why in the the world we gonna lower our standards by stealing a dance from ya'll.......ain't nobody spy on ya'll off Ennis and Cleburne.......Get a grip.....All those songs in the dance rountine that both of our bands played were pretty much the only songs being played mainstream on the radio......The people that made up ya'lls dance realized that and so did our people......So save that shiznit for some other band....And I still say 11 bass drums was still to many for ya'lls size.....Ya dig???

First off the question was asked about the various drumlines in the swac. The comment that you made was out of line. As far as the 11 bass drums that's old news. The way you commented was as if you were smacking. Stromie was just defending his/her school. SO don't get upset if he/she strikes back.

In regards to the dance routine who cares. That was the only thing good about PV's show anyway. As far as over all your show left alot to be desired ....

Re: the line

i say it's about 17 snares 6 quints, 8 cymbals, 10 basses and about 12 *****s that only play in the stands and in the band room. and its about 8 tenors

Your numbers are off bro... :lmao: :rolleyes:

Re: the line

i say it's about 17 snares 6 quints, 8 cymbals, 10 basses and its about 8 tenors

Now this is crazy. That's way too many. Wouldn't this many drown out the band?

Originally posted by TxSU Bass Drummer
The Funk Train has 8-9 Snares, 6 quints, 6 cymbals, 8-9 bass drums, 8-9 tenors
:redhot: :redhot: Thank you sir for giving accurate numbers of your section and correcting your lying band member:redhot: :redhot:

just for you

who said i was a band member see you never know who you are really talking to when you on this page now do you. how do you know i'm not in the box you'll never know right so how about you suck something and do what pv do best and thats suck at every thing you do.

Re: just for you

who said i was a band member see you never know who you are really talking to when you on this page now do you. how do you know i'm not in the box you'll never know right so how about you suck something and do what pv do best and thats suck at every thing you do.

Who is this?

Back