SI Article: HBCU Super conference

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If we do this then we might as well make our own band rules, playoff/ bowl system and sports network.

Just sit and wait - who from the meac outside Sc state offers anything From a football perspective as that's the only reason these moves are made. They suck in everything else

We so quick to do what they do to cheapen our value

I can see it happening if there is a big TV deal on the table the at could give each school multi-million dollars a year. If it was me I would be going to Fox Sports and telling those guys to invest the funds just like they did for the USFL. Except we would bring them tons of ad revenue.

Both of these conferences are not football only. You will lose out on all the other sports that get autobids for, which will be 1 HBCU school getting in, instead of 2. Also, you will lose the 2nd NCAA basketball distribution that each conference gets, which only increase as the years progress.

Both of these conferences are not football only. You will lose out on all the other sports that get autobids for, which will be 1 HBCU school getting in, instead of 2. Also, you will lose the 2nd NCAA basketball distribution that each conference gets, which only increase as the years progress.

Right!!!!

Folks think of football because it is the money generator....but I agree....football is not the only sport.

Sup SWACites. Not sure if this has been posted but here it is.

No because other sports would get screwed over.

Sports where the HBCUS are actual competitive or already working with other conferences.

Who is this streaming or network that wants HBCS? Can't be a network where half the country can see it and the rest can't. Has to be someone who is on Direct Tv and the rest that does not require paying higher prices to see.

Would they go to say Byron Allen-who has networks but has been ignored by most black folks? Or beg Oprah for college sports weekend on OWN instead of black male bashing and sistas gone bad shows.

@Fiyah

I'm wondering what the future holds given the way the Supreme Court ruled on abortion. I'm really wondering if Title IX will survive.

And what would this hypothetical Super Conference be called? The SWAC has been around for over a century. We shouldn't lose our brand name for a conference in which at least half entertained leaving but couldn't find suitors or know they would kill their fanbase/budgets.

And what would this hypothetical Super Conference be called? The SWAC has been around for over a century. We shouldn't lose our brand name for a conference in which at least half entertained leaving but couldn't find suitors or know they would kill their fanbase/budgets.
The Ebony League LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Realignment "has a tremendous effect," Sanders said to ESPN's Jay Harris. "Sooner or later, some of the prominent schools are going to have to make a decision. What do we want to do? Do we want to sit back and adhere to tradition? Or, do want to put ourselves in a financial situation that our school prospers. You really got to factor that in and weigh those options. There are some tremendous options that a few of those school are going to be faced with."

Fool's Gold..... I may be stepping out on a limb by myself here....but "bag chasing" as I saw he called it in another article, is going cause some schools to make some bad decisions chasing fictious money. Why should HBCU's have to leave tradition? If the product is great, the market will come to them. In my opinion, the HBCU culture is why the schools and athletics have endured the test of time and prospered as long as they have...

This is just my opinion...

Back