September is Over: Assessment of Programs

Because our OL hasn't figured each other yet and can't block tissue (with a statue at QB), it's the reason our offense has been stagnant the past two games. Speaking of offense, we looked better against EMU with their first team defense in than we have against TxSU and PV. If your OL isn't blocking, don't choose to do 5-7 step drops or deep routes. Go with the short passing game. And we choose the wrong times to get cute on offense in the red zone (1st and goal in the red zone against PV and you choose to do a double reserve when the game was close)

Defense is definitely bend but don't break.

Last edited:
Alcorn: Our team really isn't that bad
*Front 7 on defense is good but secondary needs work. Very young
*O-line is better this year than last year to me
*We are no threat at passing the ball, but we have some good receivers
*We have no discipline at the moment
*WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR ASAP

I would love to get a look at some of our key freshman pickups in the Secondary.

We really need to get healthy on offense and defense. It's killing us right now and I can't make a good assessment of the team

My assessment is our programs suck. Our Athletic director and coach needs to be fired. Truth be told they can take the President and his whole administration with them. I wouldn't cry........

Yep because you really can't tell right now

You wont tell in October either. JSU plays SU, TxSO and PV in October. JSU is the only team in the EAST that can beat those squads. The rest are gonna lose to them all.

THEN, we get the EAST scrubs all back to back to back in November.

You wont tell in October either. JSU plays SU, TxSO and PV in October. JSU is the only team in the EAST that can beat those squads. The rest are gonna lose to them all.

THEN, we get the EAST scrubs all back to back to back in November.

Not EAST scrubs LOL

Jackson State:
Keep Lyles in for the remainder of the season
In the off weeks, we need to work on passing(long & short) and catching
Switch Quarterbacks for passing and running plays
Defense needs to make better tackles to stop Southern's offense
Put Pressure on Qb's and don't give him room to run
Kicker needs to work on FG's

Jackson State:
Keep Lyles in for the remainder of the season
In the off weeks, we need to work on passing(long & short) and catching
Switch Quarterbacks for passing and running plays
Defense needs to make better tackles to stop Southern's offense
Put Pressure on Qb's and don't give him room to run
Kicker needs to work on FG's

1..Yep. Roll with him and hope he can get yall to 5 SWAC wins which might win the East
3. If Valley does this (instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter like we did against JSU and AAMU) we might win those games.
6. We can switch Jacquemin kickers if you want to lol. If he makes a 30 yard FG, Valley wins the game

I would rather go 1-10 if it means the coach and AD get fired.

This is the worst A&M team I have seen since the mid 90s

Back