Officials: Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

And you've just proven my point. Again, I'm not saying schools like J.C. and Evangel wouldn't be competitive. But depth matters. There are some 6-A schools that field as many as 6 different teams during the football season (3 freshman teams, 2 JV teams and varsity). It is one big farm system with everyone running the same system.
Depth matters in public school football when you can't (legally) recruit. John Curtis has 100+ players on varsity just like Katy and they recruited a good 45-50 of them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
A school like Hoover, AL will be able to compete with Allen due to Hoovers Coaching and more importantly conditioning.

What kills our inner city schools, is not a lack of talent but a lack of Coaching, Conditioning, Nutition and financial support.

Hoover by being able to spend $100K on a game shows they financial support, thu they can pay for all of the aforementioned necessities.
Allen will give up points but they will beat Hoover EASILY. I would say something like 55-35 LOL

It will not truly be close though.

Katy is not as super talented like we think...they have numbers, kids that buy in, offensive linemen that WANT to play line and our teams in the area are weak so they pounce on them...look at the teams in the state last year...Lake Travis, Westlake, etc.....system teams with depth and money wins in Texas now..Cedar Hill and Desoto have numbers and facilities and even Lancaster to make runs consistently....

basketball and track are the only sports black/majority black schools have a shot every year as money isn't much of a factor

Last edited:
C-LeB hit the nail on the head as well as Kenn. The attrition and growth of the larger suburban school districts has watered down a lot of talent as well as provided a farm type system for the larger schools here.

Pee Wee football.
"YMCA" football.
7th grade "A", 7th grade "B", and in some cases a 7th grade "C" team.
8th grade "A", 8th grade "B", and in some cases an 8th grade "C" team.
Freshman "A", Freshman "B", and in some cases a Freshman "C" team
JV "A" and JV "B" team.
Varsity comprising of well over 70+ student-athletes.

How can one not be successful by the time they reach varsity status when one has been through that type of farming system.

The real thing to the Katy Tigers success is
They have a system that's installed in them at a young age. My nephew worked out at a place in Katy called the lab, owned by one of Katy Highschools coaches Dad. He said everyday At 6:00pm every Katy Highschool football player is on time at this place working out everyday hard, an this started in January. Not to mention they had workouts at school everyday also. An this is PLAYER led, No coaches, and everyone of those players are held accountable. Those parents up there INVEST in those kids. he said they had kids coming in there throughout the day as young as 10 yrs old, and the trainers would just be like, "o yea he's gonna be the QB, or he's gonna be the LB". And they work on there craft everyday at 10yrs old all the way up until they graduate Katy Highschool

Its All a system. Katy doesn't have colleges knocking down the door of the school like Northshore or Manvel. If the coach tells a player to be 4 yards in the flats an 2in from the sideline, I guarantee you that player is gonna be exactly 4yrds deep, an 2in away from the sideline. They take discipline to a whole new level .

Man, I live near the Klein schools and the Alief schools (Wesfield and Dekaney). Don't y'all cats back home know HOW BIG THESE SCHOOLS ARE.

New Iberia Senior and Fontainebleu (before they built the Lakeshore out there in Covington/Mandeville) had like 2,000 or 2,200 kids and were the biggest football-playing schools in Louisiana. Man, just the roody-poo schools outchea got that many kids.

Having covered the state 7-on-7 once while interning at College Station, I can tell you back then it's a different world outchea in Texas. Yes, the home got some athletes. However, Texas got numbers, money and mystique on its side.

The real thing to the Katy Tigers success is
They have a system that's installed in them at a young age. My nephew worked out at a place in Katy called the lab, owned by one of Katy Highschools coaches Dad. He said everyday At 6:00pm every Katy Highschool football player is on time at this place working out everyday hard, an this started in January. Not to mention they had workouts at school everyday also. An this is PLAYER led, No coaches, and everyone of those players are held accountable. Those parents up there INVEST in those kids. he said they had kids coming in there throughout the day as young as 10 yrs old, and the trainers would just be like, "o yea he's gonna be the QB, or he's gonna be the LB". And they work on there craft everyday at 10yrs old all the way up until they graduate Katy Highschool

Its All a system. Katy doesn't have colleges knocking down the door of the school like Northshore or Manvel. If the coach tells a player to be 4 yards in the flats an 2in from the sideline, I guarantee you that player is gonna be exactly 4yrds deep, an 2in away from the sideline. They take discipline to a whole new level .

Haha! I see you know a little bit about The Lab1! My homeboy is one of the master trainers there. A lot of the local NFL guys work out there also.

Also another thing, the st
Haha! I see you know a little bit about The Lab1! My homeboy is one of the master trainers there. A lot of the local NFL guys work out there also.

My friend Kerry Bennett works there also,
my nephew worked out there, to train for proday from Cal. He was there with The PV RB Johntae Hebert. He said NFL players came all up through there lol.

Allen will give up points but they will beat Hoover EASILY. I would say something like 55-35 LOL

It will not truly be close though.

Idk what the score will be, Allen has a new coach from Waco Midway , so we'll see how they adjust to a new system. I still have them winning though.

The big game will be #1 Bishop Gorman vs #3 Cedar Hill. Bishop Gorman recruits throughout the whole West coast but The Hill is loaded this year so they should be able to hold there own

C-LeB hit the nail on the head as well as Kenn. The attrition and growth of the larger suburban school districts has watered down a lot of talent as well as provided a farm type system for the larger schools here.

Pee Wee football.
"YMCA" football.
7th grade "A", 7th grade "B", and in some cases a 7th grade "C" team.
8th grade "A", 8th grade "B", and in some cases an 8th grade "C" team.
Freshman "A", Freshman "B", and in some cases a Freshman "C" team
JV "A" and JV "B" team.
Varsity comprising of well over 70+ student-athletes.

How can one not be successful by the time they reach varsity status when one has been through that type of farming system.
Kids in some of the suburbs play in areas that mimic the high school. Since jumping the border, I've heard a few stories. How many high schools are in Allen, Katy, Southlake (remember them). One guy told me areas like Southlake ran schemes like the high school.

Also, as areas expand, new schools spread the athletic wealth. Lewisville, Flower Mound Marcus, Flower Mound are all in an area the size of Allen.

Idk what the score will be, Allen has a new coach from Waco Midway , so we'll see how they adjust to a new system. I still have them winning though.

The big game will be #1 Bishop Gorman vs #3 Cedar Hill. Bishop Gorman recruits throughout the whole West coast but The Hill is loaded this year so they should be able to hold there own

It's a fair point, but Gambill (Allen's new coach) was an assistant coach at Allen for 9 years before he took the job at Midway. He was the DC at Allen when they won their first state title in 2008. So I don't think there will be much of an adjustment to make.

Last edited:
Kids in some of the suburbs play in areas that mimic the high school. Since jumping the border, I've heard a few stories. How many high schools are in Allen, Katy, Southlake (remember them). One guy told me areas like Southlake ran schemes like the high school.

Also, as areas expand, new schools spread the athletic wealth. Lewisville, Flower Mound Marcus, Flower Mound are all in an area the size of Allen.
Katy ISD has 7 high schools that play sports. None of the others have made it to the state semis. Cinco Ranch may have made it to the regional final one year, not sure.

Allen ISD only has 1 high school in a city of 90K.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Westfield and Dekaney are in Spring ISD. Elsik, Taylor and Hastings are in Alief ISD.

My bad CLeb ... I used to live around the corner from Elsik and Hastings before coming on the north between Klein, Westfield and Dekaney. I'm still learning mane!

It's a fair point, but Gambill (Allen's new coach) was an assistant coach at Allen for 9 years before he took the job at Midway. He was the DC at Allen when they won their first state title in 2008. So I don't think there will be much of an adjustment to make.
O really, had no idea

"Texas HS kids are soft and weak... they don't have that dog in them." lol

Go ahead, jagtiludead. Tell us all about it. :D lol Frisco ISD new football stadium, enclosed, retractable roof, state of the art sound/video boards.

1455068058-startour_01xxmet.jpg

Cant wait to watch that game Saturday! Football season is finally here!

The only reason I see that you all say that no teams this place can beat schools like Allen or Katy is size. Which means you telling me that Louisiana don't have size and talent to beat a Texas School. Which means you are saying that Texas would dominate anyone. You don't realize that. Louisiana is the same state that produced L. Fournette, O. Beckham, J. Landry, P. Manning, etc. Every state has multiple teams that can come beat any team from Texas. Only schools to me in to me that are Top of the line is Cedar Hill and DeSoto. Hoover will come in with a chip on their shoulders.

"Texas HS kids are soft and weak... they don't have that dog in them." lol

Go ahead, jagtiludead. Tell us all about it. :D lol Frisco ISD new football stadium, enclosed, retractable roof, state of the art sound/video boards.

1455068058-startour_01xxmet.jpg

They were fortunate to have Jerruh on their side.

The only reason I see that you all say that no teams this place can beat schools like Allen or Katy is size. Which means you telling me that Louisiana don't have size and talent to beat a Texas School. Which means you are saying that Texas would dominate anyone. You don't realize that. Louisiana is the same state that produced L. Fournette, O. Beckham, J. Landry, P. Manning, etc. Every state has multiple teams that can come beat any team from Texas. Only schools to me in to me that are Top of the line is Cedar Hill and DeSoto. Hoover will come in with a chip on their shoulders.

Naw MrSUJag. Naw man. No one is saying that schools like Katy and Allen are invincible. What most are alluding to is that there's a supported farming system in place w/ a LOT of financial support that has those youngsters playing @ a higher level than most + the sheer size means that they'll have more talent to choose from so the best of the best of the best of their HS are chosen as starters, for the most part. It would take a whole team of talent to compete w/ that type of offertory mane. There is GREAT talent in Louisiana, no one can deny that. Same can be said for Arkansas and Oklahoma. They are there.

They were fortunate to have Jerruh on their side.

Yes sir. But that whole northern corridor is HIGHLY competitive w/ each other. You can draw a line from Blackland, Tx lol going west to Ponder --------> suburban competitivity. So, it stands to reason the ISDs would compete w/ each other facility wise as well. ::read:: I may be wrong but I think The Colony is a part of Frisco ISD so that's one area that won't compete too much lol. Why in sans hell did Little Elm build this venue? lol :D lol The first time I saw it immediately after they completed it, I lmao'd!

littleelm.jpg

Bruh, it's not just size of schools, it'sTHE PROGRAMS!!! TX HS Coaches are the best in the nation and this is always stated when recruiting organizations talk about Football Nationally. You're naming individual players BUT not complete Teams! Did St. Aug win state with Fournette??? NO!

Schyatt, TX RB's - Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlison, Eric Dickerson, Thurman Thomas, Earl Campbell, Cedric Benson.... Man please Stop already!

And in regards to Manning and Beckham, Isidor Neuman has never even won a state Championship. Another example of a school with "1 or 2" good athletes ....... Smh

You clearly have no idea...

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

Back