Officials: Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
Alabama’s Hoover High boasts one of the nation’s most well-known high school football brands. Now we know it has the finances to match, albeit not via the most traditional sources.

The Bucs, who opened the 2016 campaign with a 23-7 victory against Central-Phenix City, will travel from Alabama to the Dallas suburbs to take on traditional Texas power Allen in 20,000-seat Eagle Stadium. The opening kickoff of the game is scheduled for 7:30, and, as reported by AL.com, the sheer number of Hoover representatives involved in the trip led school officials to charter a plane for the group to travel to the game.

As it turns out, that traveling party won’t even include the Hoover junior varsity football coaches, the school’s medical staff, the band or cheerleaders, who will all travel via RV or bus for 9-10 hours to arrive at the game. Many of those transportation methods are being subsidized by corporate partners, not to mention a substantial amount of funding passed down via Athletic Departments.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/officia...arly-100000-to-play-powerhouse-allen-in-texas

Naw I think Hoover will beat Allen. Allen is just like Katy. They are great against Texas but outside the state, it's different.

Naw I think Hoover will beat Allen. Allen is just like Katy. They are great against Texas but outside the state, it's different.
I'm not sure how much Allen has reloaded. If Mr Murray was qb'ing w/ his other cohorts, I'd give the edge to AHS. Too many unknowns from both schools except that the guarantee that AHS's band is still 750+ members.

Last edited:
I bet these two schools could beat some college programs.

The joys of being rich and white...and the ability to throw away money...

Probably better funded than a lot of Division 2 and 3 Schools. Wonder if they are better funded than the HBCU's? Amazing we can throw away money on sports and not on education. Pimping the kids for profit. Next, the elementary school game of the week will be on the air. Pimp the 10 years old next.

Have you seen Katy lately? More and more parents out of SouthWest Houston are going to the Katy School district,. There gonna be a national powerhouse/college factory

I'm not sure how much Allen has reliaded. If Mr Murray was qb'ing w/ his other cohorts, I'd give the edge to AHS. Too many unknowns from both schools except that the guarantee that AHS's band is still 750+ members.
Allen is still a good team but Kyler Murray was the reason for them being a powerhouse. Last year they didn't go to state at all. Kyler is the reason for their past success.

Allen is going to annihilate them Bama Boys.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I'm not sure how much Allen has reliaded. If Mr Murray was qb'ing w/ his other cohorts, I'd give the edge to AHS. Too many unknowns from both schools except that the guarantee that AHS's band is still 750+ members.

Anything can happen, but in this case I think it all comes down to numbers. Allen has an enrollment close to 5000 students (according to last year's numbers). Hoover has an enrollment close to 2000. I've seen Allen up close and personal. Those kids are big, fast, and most impressively deep at all position. I think with the numbers being what they are, and given how the teams here in Texas have struggled to beat Allen, Allen has the edge.

Have you seen Katy lately? More and more parents out of SouthWest Houston are going to the Katy School district,. There gonna be a national powerhouse/college factory
Yes but have you seen Katy Schedule? They do not play schools outside of Texas on it. They have Texas Powerhouse Austin Westlake but no major talented school. Katy is the same school that can lose to a school called Cedar Hill out of the Dallas area. Put Katy up against schools out of Louisiana or Florida. You think they would still. Go out and Dominate like they do schools in Texas. Not at all.

I'm not up on all that's occurring there so I appreciate the 411. I think MrSUJag is being a hater now lol. Those 3 years w/ KMurray @ qb, Allen was loaded everywhere. I haven't followed them since he departed. I've become a semi-fan of ball in the Houston area where I got kinfolk on the squads. [ don't want y'all recruiting them lol ]

Yes but have you seen Katy Schedule? They do not play schools outside of Texas on it. They have Texas Powerhouse Austin Westlake but no major talented school. Katy is the same school that can lose to a school called Cedar Hill out of the Dallas area. Put Katy up against schools out of Louisiana or Florida. You think they would still. Go out and Dominate like they do schools in Texas. Not at all.

a lot of schools throughout the country would lose to Cedar Hill, there top 10 in the nation year in and year out. Also I don't agree with the last statement. Who from Louisiana would beat Katy? Florida has some teams but I honestly don't know any in Louisiana other than maybe St.Aug or West Monroe

They lost in the semi-finals and didn't lose a game at all during the regular season. There is more to Allen than Kyler Murray.
Like I said Kyler Murray is the reason for their success. They will not win the title with out him. Tbh. Allen is not a school like Katy. Katy gets their no matter who is on that field.

a lot of schools throughout the country would lose to Cedar Hill, there top 10 in the nation year in and year out. Also I don't agree with the last statement. Who from Louisiana would beat Katy? Florida has some teams but I honestly don't know any in Louisiana other than maybe St.Aug or West Monroe
Don't overlook schools like Scottlandville, Zachary, Southern Lab, Edna Karr, and you missing Powerhouse John Curtis from Louisiana.

I'm not up on all that's occurring there so I appreciate the 411. I think MrSUJag is being a hater now lol. Those 3 years w/ KMurray @ qb, Allen was loaded everywhere. I haven't followed them since he departed. I've become a semi-fan of ball in the Houston area where I got kinfolk on the squads. [ don't want y'all recruiting them lol ]
Lol but you have to realize Kyler doing all that Scrambling in the backfield puts a lot of pressure on a defense. You never knew what he would have done.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Anything can happen, but in this case I think it all comes down to numbers. Allen has an enrollment close to 5000 students (according to last year's numbers). Hoover has an enrollment close to 2000. I've seen Allen up close and personal. Those kids are big, fast, and most impressively deep at all position. I think with the numbers being what they are, and given how the teams here in Texas have struggled to beat Allen, Allen has the edge.

Don't underestimate Hoover. They beat a very good Central of Phoenix City team last week in the rain. I saw two high school games last week in the new Hornet Stadium. There were Coaches from all over the southeast scouting players. Several have already committed to Bama, Auburn, FL, NC, GA, and Louisville. The Montgomery schools, Park Crossing, Jeff Davis, Lee, and Lanier are loaded with talent. Hoover is not as strong as they have been in the past, due to competition from new schools like Spain Park. I know Texas produced major talent and their teams play system ball. Allen may have the edge by playing at home.

Back