Most anticipated football matchups in 2015

and you reppin Grambling?.. and the coach w the big empty forehead? Ya'll needed trick plays and for us to do everything wrong just to get out of Jackson with 5 points.

TP the coach you speak of got the win over JSU like most Grambling coaches. If it's one thing JSU can't say anything to it is Grambling State.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Games played in Jackson, MS

2014- GSU 40 JSU 35
2013- NCAA No Contest
2011- GSU 26 JSU 23
2009- GSU 27 JSU 17
2007- GSU 30 JSU 20
2005- GSU 52 JSU 21
2003- GSU 24 JSU 17
2001- GSU 30 JSU 16

There are some young guns on this forum who have never experienced seeing Jackson State beat the historical winning football tradition Grambling State University in Memorial Stadium. As many of you know, I was very happy when we were ordered to play 3 games in a row in Jackson. For some reason, the G-Men love Memorial. Seriously, they even take the field differently.

But they speak that crap. We are their pappy, nothing more, nothing less.

You squeaked by jsu bro....oh The logic smh

Going by the LOGIC of JSU people, your superior upgrade in coaching in 2014 was supposed to crush Valley and rest of the SWAC (yet going into 2015 you are replacing position coaches just like we have. Same head coach and the Egg Fong Yu offense)

Remember you saw this coaching first hand by sneaking into practices.

Going by the LOGIC of JSU people, your superior upgrade in coaching in 2014 was supposed to crush Valley and rest of the SWAC (yet going into 2015 you are replacing position coaches just like we have. Same head coach and the Egg Fong Yu offense)

You won two games.

Yo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually looking forward to playing Alcorn, This is the only team Odums has yet to beat....would like to see what he does for this game...we haven't really played a complete game against this team..

Dude, you were behind MOST of the game. Your run game was not working becasue we shut down your non-passing QB. You got lucky when our QB went down... and yeah, ya'll did some DUMB AZZ coaching but we still was whoopin that azz. You all played sloppy like you did all year but since JSU is the most talented team in the conference, you got caught w ur draws down.

Your a joke I'm starting to see why no one takes anything you say serious, we obviously wasn't at the same game.

I'm actually looking forward to playing Alcorn, This is the only team Odums has yet to beat....would like to see what he does for this game...we haven't really played a complete game against this team..
The G-Men want Odums head on a platter! Bayou Classic 2015, the streak ends!

The G-Men want Odums head on a platter! Bayou Classic 2015, the streak ends!

Some things never change. GSU always beat JSU and Alcorn. Alcorn always beat SU. JSU always beats SU and Alcorn and SU always beats GSU.
JSU is gonna get GSU this year tho!

[OTE="In_The_662, post: 2403470, member: 3640"]Going by the LOGIC of JSU people, your superior upgrade in coaching in 2014 was supposed to crush Valley and rest of the SWAC (yet going into 2015 you are replacing position coaches just like we have. Same head coach and the Egg Fong Yu offense)

You won two games.

Yo[/QUOTE]
Some things never change. GSU always beat JSU and Alcorn. Alcorn always beat SU. JSU always beats SU and Alcorn and SU always beats GSU.
JSU is gonna get GSU this year tho!

You might want to count the Southern vs Grambling series so you can see how close the number of wins are. It's a rivalry. SU is rolling on a streak by ending a Grambling streak. We will just roll up our sleeves and fight again this year.

Now, back to pimping in Memorial.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Telling the truth is NOT hating. Some of you all need to grow up.. smh

It's hating because you know that Comegy is a good recruiting coach who can build programs. Have you seen Valley's class? Only recruiting skills and experience could pull off the type of class he just brought to Valley after a 2 win season.

It's hating because you know that Comegy is a good recruiting coach who can build programs. Have you seen Valley's class? Only recruiting skills and experience could pull off the type of class he just brought to Valley after a 2 win season.

Look who you are talking to. you're not gonna get a non-football person to see that our talent level is increasing while OMJ took a team that won 8 games the prior season and decreased their win total by 3. Ivy could be a decent SWAC QB with the best returning receiver in the SWAC but that line of theirs got him tagged the whole season. If that don't improve along with Chang's play calling with the Egg Fong Yu Offense, they're staring at 5-6 wins again

Look who you are talking to. you're not gonna get a non-football person to see that our talent level is increasing while OMJ took a team that won 8 games the prior season and decreased their win total by 3. Ivy could be a decent SWAC QB with the best returning receiver in the SWAC but that line of theirs got him tagged the whole season. If that don't improve along with Chang's play calling with the Egg Fong Yu Offense, they're staring at 5-6 wins again

Valley really needs to continue to build that depth chart. GSU had the same issues on defense and Fobbs went out and stacked those areas in our 2015 class.

The JSU fans who really know football and have respect for Comegy that are in my circle all raved about Gregory Black when he first got to JSU. The man is a great offensive line coach and nobody can deny that. I watched JSU' offensive line play extremely well against Mississippi State in 2012 and Tulane in 2013. Yes, the score board looked awful, but that didn't have anything to do with Black''s offensive line. Those guys were the only unit that looked like they belonged there.
I don't know how long he will hang around Valley before his abilities get noticed by a FBS program, but that man has 11 kids on the roster to work with for the next 3 season. It will be interesting to see what Black does with Lyda, Price, Cole, Watkins and Sanders.

Valley really needs to continue to build that depth chart. GSU had the same issues on defense and Fobbs went out and stacked those areas in our 2015 class.

The JSU fans who really know football and have respect for Comegy that are in my circle all raved about Gregory Black when he first got to JSU. The man is a great offensive line coach and nobody can deny that. I watched JSU' offensive line play extremely well against Mississippi State in 2012 and Tulane in 2013. Yes, the score board looked awful, but that didn't have anything to do with Black''s offensive line. Those guys were the only unit that looked like they belonged there.
I don't know how long he will hang around Valley before his abilities get noticed by a FBS program, but that man has 11 kids on the roster to work with for the next 3 season. It will be interesting to see what Black does with Lyda, Price, Cole, Watkins and Sanders.

That line play is the reason why I think we will improve by a few games next year. That and no more musical chairs at QB (it appears) with a senior returning with Q (unless those two QBs we signed come in and just drastically outshine Q with their passing which I don't see with them still in HS while Q will have this spring under his belt).

You won two games.

Yo

You might want to count the Southern vs Grambling series so you can see how close the number of wins are. It's a rivalry. SU is rolling on a streak by ending a Grambling streak. We will just roll up our sleeves and fight again this year.

Now, back to pimping in Memorial.[/QUOTE]

Im talking more or less recent history. SU be in ya'll azz! Now if you wanna talk about 50 years ago, be my guest. Im not going down that road.

Back