Most anticipated football matchups in 2015

Comegy is necessily trying to do the bare minimum but he is doing the best he can at a school like Valley. Look, he only won ONE title at JSU in EIGHT years. If he underperformed at JSU, what do you expect from him at Valley? Valley gives JSU hell EVERY year. Check the scores from the last 5-10 years. Even when we had Therrault, we barely escaped Valley. Valley players would give their right arm to beat JSU. You don't need a storyline for that. Also, Comegy is only going to be at Valley one more year at Valley before he moves on. I am surprised that Darren Hayes left. He needed one more year too. None of those coaches wanted to be at Valley. How you go from JSU to Valley?
Maybe because you guys weren't as good as you thought you were.

You think Valley is gonna be better this year? .

We'll be better than JSU. Remember football is not your strong suit. Stick to that pointless poll that only you and the Wafia pay attention to and leave the sports talk to people that know what they are talking about

Alcorn-SU
Brian Jenkins' first game.
The Bayou Classic
And there could be some surprises as the season goes on.

We'll be better than JSU. Remember football is not your strong suit. Stick to that pointless poll that only you and the Wafia pay attention to and leave the sports talk to people that know what they are talking about

Valley???? really???? u putting that much stock into a fluke 4th down victory over us huh? wasnt Valley only victory last year and you think you will be better than JSU?

Year in and year out u guys come in here with this nonsense...

Valley???? really???? u putting that much stock into a fluke 4th down victory over us huh? wasnt Valley only victory last year and you think you will be better than JSU?

Year in and year out u guys come in here with this nonsense...
Who? TP?

Ehhh...chang wasn't running it a lot anyway. He needs to tweak his red zone offense. Sims loss hurt a good bit but he alone wouldn't have won us extra games. That new rb we had did a fantastic job as a frosh. Robert Johnson made his presence known in the alcorn game.

just to piggyback off what you said! Jarius Moore and Robert Johnson are both local products one from Terry ms and other from Crystal springs ms which are less than a mile from each other but both avg 4.5 or more yards a carry(swac.org stats) was not bad with a not so great offensive line and there were times in games where they both get about 6 - 8 positive yards then would have a bad snap or not following blockers or busted play and would have 1 yard or - yard situation.(JSU abandoned the running games so many times and not having a QB that was capable of deceiving the pass/run) Sims was a great RB because he had previous swac 3 years of experience...... Didn't the swac realized if L IVY was not playing at QB JSU didn't have a backup QB we would have been toasted every game not just 3 of the 12 games. ( tnsu,pv and su )

1. Alcorn vs GSU
2. Valley vs jsu
3. Alcorn vs Prairie View
4. Alcorn vs Bama State
5. Texas Southern vs everybody

Comegy is necessily trying to do the bare minimum but he is doing the best he can at a school like Valley. Look, he only won ONE title at JSU in EIGHT years. If he underperformed at JSU, what do you expect from him at Valley? Valley gives JSU hell EVERY year. Check the scores from the last 5-10 years. Even when we had Therrault, we barely escaped Valley. Valley players would give their right arm to beat JSU. You don't need a storyline for that. Also, Comegy is only going to be at Valley one more year at Valley before he moves on. I am surprised that Darren Hayes left. He needed one more year too. None of those coaches wanted to be at Valley. How you go from JSU to Valley?
I know that Valley usually plays JSU tough, but last year was an epic match up. The anticipation was on another level and the game ended like a movie.

I know that JSU wanted more championships, but Comegy returned the program to the top of the East. That counts for something.

Now, I know that his task of rebuilding Valley will be tougher than it was at JSU, but Bugga's track record shows that he knows how to rebuild, reload and recruit. Those three Rs is why he is a proven winner. He has already proven that he can win in the SWAC and get kids from all over to come to Mississippi to help his cause. The kids that Mississippi Valley has signed for the past two classes aren't the type of recruits that Valley usually signs. I can't see Valley a doormat much longer.

I know that Valley usually plays JSU tough, but last year was an epic match up. The anticipation was on another level and the game ended like a movie.

I know that JSU wanted more championships, but Comegy returned the program to the top of the East. That counts for something.

Now, I know that his task of rebuilding Valley will be tougher than it was at JSU, but Bugga's track record shows that he knows how to rebuild, reload and recruit. Those three Rs is why he is a proven winner. He has already proven that he can win in the SWAC and get kids from all over to come to Mississippi to help his cause. The kids that Mississippi Valley has signed for the past two classes aren't the type of recruits that Valley usually signs. I can't see Valley a doormat much longer.
They gon learn the hard way about not respecting their opponent(s). Valley might make it worse this year.

uum bruh, Comegy ain't gonna win at Valley. Comegy even knows it. And the ONLY reason why the game was even a good set-up last year was that JSU had lost two games (GSU/PV) we should have won leading up to Homecoming. That gave Valley more hope.

Orlando has been one of the Top OC's in HBCU. If PV had a defense, they would've had won a SCG the past few seasons. We'll have more experience in our secondary, which should help make our defense better than before. Not sure of what cast offs you speak of.

What has Orlando won? ..and he can be shut down.

Really dude? How close did you all get to beating TxSo or Alcorn? JSU is about to come out the gate busting heads. Valley better than JSU? That has probably NEVER happened.. not even when you had Rice!

What has Orlando won? ..and he can be shut down.
Just like Chang was shut down? But to answer your question....

Mark Orlando begins his first season on the Hornet coaching staff after spending the last four seasons at SWAC member Prairie View. This is Orlando’s second stint with new ASU head football coach Brian Jenkins, as Orlando served in the same capacity at Bethune-Cookman in 2010 in helping the Wildcats to the MEAC title. Orlando spent two stints as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Southern (1993-2001, 2004-09), helping the Jaguars win four SWAC titles and four HBCU national championships. In between Southern stints, Orlando spent two seasons as offensive coordinator at Texas Southern (2002-03). Orlando, who played quarterback at Florida State (’75), began his coaching career at Lincoln High in Tallahassee (1976-77). He move into collegiate coaching at Florida A&M (1978-83), winning the inaugural Division I-AA National Championship in his first season. During his tenure at Tennessee State (1984-90), Orlando was running backs coach for the Tigers and was promoted to offensive coordinator in his final season. Orlando then spent two seasons at Winston-Salem State (1991-92).

What has Chang done as a OC? Please answer my question like I did yours. Thanks in advance...

Dude, other than that ONE year at BCU, that other stuff happened a LONG time ago. ..and JSU was whoopin Orlando everywhere he went.

They gon learn the hard way about not respecting their opponent(s). Valley might make it worse this year.
It's very interesting to me. I never felt the Comegy was a "great" coach, but I always respected his ability to recruit big linemen and speed at the WR/DB positions allow him to win. The man is a winning coach who knows how to recruit. That alone carries weight.

It's very interesting to me. I never felt the Comegy was a "great" coach, but I always respected his ability to recruit big linemen and speed at the WR/DB positions allow him to win. The man is a winning coach who knows how to recruit. That alone carries weight.

I agree. Comegy can't coach but he CAN recruit. Just not sure how much he can recruit to Valley and again HE AIN'T GONNA BE AT VALLEY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!

He put up 500 + yds against y'all last season also.

You do know that last year is not a representtion of JSU football, right. This reminds me of when AAMU was braggin on beating ****. You gonna see real soon that JSU ain't no joke. When we went to Alcorn and whooped azz, ya'll should have taken notice but ya'll didn't I see. Oh well.

Back