Most anticipated football matchups in 2015

#1 Alcorn vs Grambling: Was Grambling real or fake in 2014? Will the Alcorn offense impress under Fred Kaiss? On top of that..it's Homecoming on the Reservation!

#2 Grambling vs Southern: Last year's game put the BC back on the map! Im sure GSU still has a bitter taste in their mouth. Will SU be able to put a decent team on the field with so many NCAA penalties lingering.

#3 JSU vs Southern: BOTH teams could be at a crossroad. Will JSU return to championship form? Will SU remain in contention for the WEST title. This early season match-up will be piviotal to BOTH teams.

#4 Magic City Classic: Can Brian Jenkins get the W? Will the pistol offense ever work in Normal? Will either team contend for the EAST title?

#5 Jackson State vs Grambling: This was a staggering, embarrassing and unexpected loss for the JSU Tigers last year. To have a good season, some games are must wins. This is one of them.

Honorable mentions:

PV vs TxSo: Can Simmons knock of Asberry and Shannon in year one?
JSU vs Valley: Slick Rick vs OMJ (Part Two)! Will JSU lose back to back games to Valley for the first time since ummmm ever? or will the Delta Devils get embarrassed. Will OMJ be allowed back in Jackson if he loses?
Alcorn vs SU: If SU is a contender, this game will go a long way at getting them back to Houston.
SCG: No matter who is playing this year, I think the game is on solid ground and should be added to the list of "must see/must go to" games for any real SWAC fan.

Nice list, but how in the world does GSU-JSU beat Valley-JSU in your top 5? Grambling did what they have done 7 of the last 8 trips to Jackson, MS. How could that lost to Grambling be more embarrassing than little ole Valley beating you with Comegy?

Valley isn't beating us twice.... So 86 that. I hate the su game is so early!

Don't sign that confidence contract just yet. Valley had way too many depth issues last season and still found away to pull off a win against JSU. I expect JSU to play with more confidence in 2015, but I see Valley being a much improved team from last season. Two recruiting classes from Comegy is a big deal.

Don't sign that confidence contract just yet. Valley had way too many depth issues last season and still found away to pull off a win against JSU. I expect JSU to play with more confidence in 2015, but I see Valley being a much improved team from last season. Two recruiting classes from Comegy is a big deal.
Listen, we are trying to win a championship here .Comegy is doing the bare minimum in itta bena. His only goal is to beat jsu, he's not trying too hard to win other games. His new coordinators aren't gonna get the job done.

Listen, we are trying to win a championship here .Comegy is doing the bare minimum in itta bena. His only goal is to beat jsu, he's not trying too hard to win other games. His new coordinators aren't gonna get the job done.

I don't know about that. I just can't see a coach who has won at his last 3 previous schools doing the bare minimum at Valley.

You really can't go off what happen in 2014. I don't think anyone expected them to win more than 3 games anyway. I did expect them to give JSU hell only because of the storyline.

Theres only 2 things JSU Fans need to look forward to this season either a SWAC Championship ring or the firing of OMJ after September thats it....I dont care about anything else...

Right now we are waiting on who will be the AD thats the most important thing we can do at the moment.

Let me be the first to say, The 3rd Game of the Year will not seal King Jackson's fate, 2-1,1-2 or 0-3! If we don't win the 1st game we will be 2-1 after Baton Rouge This Year!

It might. More than likely, we will lose to MTSU. If we lose to TNState and then the SU, an 0-3 start might be enough to get him out of there. We should beat both SU and TNState.

It might. More than likely, we will lose to MTSU. If we lose to TNState and then the SU, an 0-3 start might be enough to get him out of there. We should beat both SU and TNState.
Will you start calling him ******* if that happens like you do Bell?

How can you be so sure of this? No offense but y'all said y'all were going to light up the DC that Valley hired last year but that didn't happen.

No offense but y'all said y'all were going to light up the DC that Valley hired last year but that didn't happen.

They said a lot of things which didn't turn out true as we all saw with Losstober. A lot of bravado and trolling in threads is facts to them... that is until reality hits them and they go on self imposed hiatuses from the board.

Anybody with a little football sense can see what's going to happen with them next year. Maybe the Tso Spread offense will be better with another year under his belt but still most of the teams that beat them last year will be the same or better this year (Valley, SU, Grambling, Bama State, AAMU) so they might as well expect at least 6-7 losses again this year.

Jackson will have a rough half of the season, no FAMUs or Concordias on the schedule, JSU could possibly start 0-6 with blowout losses to MTSU TNSU SU and GRAMBLING

JSU needs to really focus on winning 7-8 games this season. They have talent but their coaching is suspect.

How can you be so sure of this? No offense but y'all said y'all were going to light up the DC that Valley hired last year but that didn't happen.

Because they are our former coaches.... That's how I know. Y'all can't have things both ways. Either admit that we were a few personnel away from being great or we were so bad that beating us isn't a big deal. The same team that barely lost to valley isn't the same team that went toe to toe with alcorn and hung with gram. The DC we never said would light up the swac. As for chang, he still produced 25 points a game with lack of O line depth, young qb coming off injuries and a new system. I stand by what I said

Last edited by a moderator:
They said a lot of things which didn't turn out true as we all saw with Losstober. A lot of bravado and trolling in threads is facts to them... that is until reality hits them and they go on self imposed hiatuses from the board.

Anybody with a little football sense can see what's going to happen with them next year. Maybe the Tso Spread offense will be better with another year under his belt but still most of the teams that beat them last year will be the same or better this year (Valley, SU, Grambling, Bama State, AAMU) so they might as well expect at least 6-7 losses again this year.

How many will y'all win? 2? 3? I see the 21st century win over jsu has y'all devils talking sporty. Gon head! Lol

How ma

Last edited by a moderator:

My bad. Disregard last response to this. I Didn't understand your post .Alonzo Lee > Karl Morgan

Lol it's all good. I respect your opinion. Losing Sims really hurt JSU last year also.

Ehhh...chang wasn't running it a lot anyway. He needs to tweak his red zone offense. Sims loss hurt a good bit but he alone wouldn't have won us extra games. That new rb we had did a fantastic job as a frosh. Robert Johnson made his presence known in the alcorn game.

Most anticipated football matchups

Everybody vs jsu: jsu will get tossed around like the Kardashian's in the hip hop community. The real question is how long will deacon mudbone last? I say 3-4 games.

:lol:

Will you start calling him ******* if that happens like you do Bell?

OMJ has already won almost as many games in ONE (5) than **** won in three (6).
Also, after we win the EAST, you won't have to worry about what I will be calling OMJ.

Jackson will have a rough half of the season, no FAMUs or Concordias on the schedule, JSU could possibly start 0-6 with blowout losses to MTSU TNSU SU and GRAMBLING

We could but we won't. Remember that JSU and GSU were a fumbled ball away from having the same 6-6 record. Keep THAT in mind.

Last edited:

You think Valley is gonna be better this year? The ONLY thing Valley did last year was upset JSU. That is not really an accomplishment when you consider how JSU always struggles with Valley since we are the only team ya'll care to beat. After the upset, ya'll went RIGHT back to being Valley. What makes you think SU, GSU, Bama State or AAMU will be any better this year? But regardless, it does not matter if they get better or JSU. JSU beats those teams year in and year out and that is NOT about to change.

JSU needs to really focus on winning 7-8 games this season. They have talent but their coaching is suspect.

You don't think YOUR coaching suspect? You have an OC who has not won anything in what? 20 years? The worst DC in BCF and some cast offs from some bad HBCU staffs. Really?

I don't know about that. I just can't see a coach who has won at his last 3 previous schools doing the bare minimum at Valley.

You really can't go off what happen in 2014. I don't think anyone expected them to win more than 3 games anyway. I did expect them to give JSU hell only because of the storyline.

Comegy is not necessily trying to do the bare minimum but he is doing the best he can at a school like Valley. Look, he only won ONE title at JSU in EIGHT years. If he underperformed at JSU, what do you expect from him at Valley? Valley gives JSU hell EVERY year. Check the scores from the last 5-10 years. Even when we had Therrault, we barely escaped Valley. Valley players would give their right arm to beat JSU. You don't need a storyline for that. Also, Comegy is only going to be at Valley one more year at Valley before he moves on. I am surprised that Darren Hayes left. He needed one more year too. None of those coaches wanted to be at Valley. How you go from JSU to Valley?

Last edited:
You don't think YOUR coaching suspect? You have an OC who has not won anything in what? 20 years? The worst DC in BCF and some cast offs from some bad HBCU staffs. Really?
Orlando has been one of the Top OC's in HBCU. If PV had a defense, they would've had won a SCG the past few seasons. We'll have more experience in our secondary, which should help make our defense better than before. Not sure of what cast offs you speak of.

Back